Corey Perry signed

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Corey Perry signed

"http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=418543"

WOW.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Corey Perry signed

Im happy for the ducks.  I didnt think we would get him.  And i am glad they keep both of those guys.  I could see Ryan dealt instead though.  In the offseason.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

big dollars, but I thought he would be resigned

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

He would've fit in nice. Bring on Iginla! the dream would be David Backes or Chris Stewert from St louis. can you imagine how dynamite that would be?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to riptide757's comment:

He would've fit in nice. Bring on Iginla! the dream would be David Backes or Chris Stewert from St louis. can you imagine how dynamite that would be?

Backes is a dream.  Stewart could be had as he seems by reports to have worn out his welcome even though hes hot as heck right now.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

why not crosby?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

that's a lot of money... i don't think PC would put up that kind of dough (clearly he prefers more balance.)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrogdorZing. Show TrogdorZing's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

why not crosby?

LOL

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

that's a lot of money... i don't think PC would put up that kind of dough (clearly he prefers more balance.)

Its not bad for the ducks though. 

Hiller and Ryan could fetch a lot of young talent.   Tell me philly wouldnt jump at both of these guys.  Thats 10 million.  I could see mega deal for multiple young players going to the ducks.  

Lydman, saku and selanne is another 12 million.  

Having perry and getz is huge for them.  

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

They are paying about $6M more for Perry and Getzlaf than the B's are paying Krejci and Lucic.  I'd rather have Perry and Getzlaf than cap room.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Krejci is playing well. Lucic, not so much

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

And the Ducks still have $10M in cap space to sign the roles players they need this summer.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

They are paying about $6M more for Perry and Getzlaf than the B's are paying Krejci and Lucic.  I'd rather have Perry and Getzlaf than cap room.

Working out just great for the NYR isn't it? Just give up depth so you can keep a "rock star" in the lineup. I'll take Bergeron, Krejci, and Chara over Getzlaf and Perry all day-every day.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

And, of course, Dezeruchi checks in with a mis-direction post as usual.  Let's take a look at how this one works.

I say that I would prefer to have Perry and Getzlaf over Lucic, Krejci and cap room.

Dezeruchi brings up the Rangers, who traded a few players for Rick Nash.  There is absolutely no connection at all between the Rangers trading for Nash and what I posted.

Next, he says this:  I'll take Bergeron, Krejci, and Chara over Getzlaf and Perry all day-every day.

Now, once again, this is completely unrelated.  I mentioned nothing of Chara.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

And, of course, Dezeruchi checks in with a mis-direction post as usual.  Let's take a look at how this one works.

I say that I would prefer to have Perry and Getzlaf over Lucic, Krejci and cap room.

Dezeruchi brings up the Rangers, who traded a few players for Rick Nash.  There is absolutely no connection at all between the Rangers trading for Nash and what I posted.

Next, he says this:  I'll take Bergeron, Krejci, and Chara over Getzlaf and Perry all day-every day.

Now, once again, this is completely unrelated.  I mentioned nothing of Chara.

You said you'd rather have those 2 players than cap space. I ponted out what can be done with said cap space. Keep on crying Flails. Everyone's still laughing at how you act like you know what yor talking about. You don't and it's a becoming increasingly obvious with every post. of course you didn't mention Chara. You'd leave no cap space for him.  Below me!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

You said you'd rather have those 2 players than cap space. I ponted out what can be done with said cap space. Keep on crying Flails. Everyone's still laughing at how you act like you know what yor talking about. You don't and it's a becoming increasingly obvious with every post. of course you didn't mention Chara. You'd leave no cap space for him.  Below me!

Chara is already signed through 2018. 

More mis-direction. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Working out just great for the NYR isn't it? Just give up depth so you can keep a "rock star" in the lineup. I'll take Bergeron, Krejci, and Chara over Getzlaf and Perry all day-every day.

Dez not to battle but im about rewarding what works.  Perry getz have a cup ring together.  They deserve the money for that team.  The rangers throw money at the best talent and i love when it backfires.  i broke down up top how much cap they have and how much more they would have if they deal hiller and ryan.  Im very happy for the ducks on this one and they still have about 10 million to add some pieces after saku temmu and lydman go as ufas.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Dez not to battle but im about rewarding what works.  Perry getz have a cup ring together.  They deserve the money for that team.  The rangers throw money at the best talent and i love when it backfires.  i broke down up top how much cap they have and how much more they would have if they deal hiller and ryan.  Im very happy for the ducks on this one and they still have about 10 million to add some pieces after saku temmu and lydman go as ufas.  

I have no problem with Ana paying those guys Shupe. That's how they want to build and that's fine. My comment is directed at the idea that having Perry and Getzlaf is better than having Lucic, DK, and the cap space left over to sign a stud D-man. I like the Ducks and I'm not even a little bit surprised they signed Perry to this deal. I just prefer PC's method of building a deep roster that doesn't depend on 2 lines for success. The Ducks hit some rough patches and missed the playoffs altogether last year. That's what can easily happen when the depth isn't there.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Glad we can now put to rest Krejci for Perry trade mumbo jumbo

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I have no problem with Ana paying those guys Shupe. That's how they want to build and that's fine. My comment is directed at the idea that having Perry and Getzlaf is better than having Lucic, DK, and the cap space left over to sign a stud D-man. I like the Ducks and I'm not even a little bit surprised they signed Perry to this deal. I just prefer PC's method of building a deep roster that doesn't depend on 2 lines for success. The Ducks hit some rough patches and missed the playoffs altogether last year. That's what can easily happen when the depth isn't there.

Who brought up the stud d-man?  You.  So, your comment is based on...what?  Something that you thought?  You offer a counter-point to an idea of your own.  Classic mis-direction.  It's how most of your posts are.  Unrelated.  But, keep saying it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Dez,  most of pc depth has come from drafting well.  Most teams would love this formula.  The ducks have a lot of home grown in that lineup as well.  Just not as much as boston.  

I think these signings makes the ducks a legit place to play again.  Those two can just dominate and also shut down.   I believe my ryan-hiller to the flyers for a boat load of prospects and current players should make eklunds list.  Corturier(sp) simmonds and a pick for those two?   Philly loves ryan and he would play with giroux.  Hiller gives them their 100 goalie since hextall(too funny that bobrovsky is playing great).  Ducks get cheaper players with skill n grit.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Who brought up the stud d-man?  You.  So, your comment is based on...what?  Something that you thought?  You offer a counter-point to an idea of your own.  Classic mis-direction.  It's how most of your posts are.  Unrelated.  But, keep saying it.

Good old Flails can't figure out what extra cap space can be used for. Flail away Flails. Below me!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Dez,  most of pc depth has come from drafting well.  Most teams would love this formula.  The ducks have a lot of home grown in that lineup as well.  Just not as much as boston.  

I think these signings makes the ducks a legit place to play again.  Those two can just dominate and also shut down.   I believe my ryan-hiller to the flyers for a boat load of prospects and current players should make eklunds list.  Corturier(sp) simmonds and a pick for those two?   Philly loves ryan and he would play with giroux.  Hiller gives them their 100 goalie since hextall(too funny that bobrovsky is playing great).  Ducks get cheaper players with skill n grit.  

Expected response from Dezeruchi:

You're wrong Shupe.  Calgary will expect more than Bobby Ryan for Iginla and three first round picks.  You're just upset because (insert something from a totally unrelated topic) and (insert a statement that has been said 100 times, but has no basis).  Got that (insert silly name)?  We're all laughing at you.  Plus, I got a text from my buddy in Texas and he says you're wrong.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

See that's the point though Shupe. These guys have only recently signed new deals and already you're trying to figure out which guys you can ship out to make up for it. I like the Ducks and how they're currently constructed but I also feel there's a lot to be said for the way PC chose depth over star power.