Could Lundqvist steal the Vezina?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Could Lundqvist steal the Vezina?

With his league leading 11 shutouts, His 33 wins so far & his stellar play the last couple of months, is it possible Lundqvists steals the Vezina from Thomas, Rinne or Price? He is also right up there in all of the other goalie stats.  Price looks like he is over worked lately & might be fading. Thomas has played in 51 games compared to Lundqvist's 62 games. Thomas & Rask look like they will alternate games for the final 8 & Lundqvist will probably start the rest of the Ranger's games. This guy is showing no signs of wearing down, but seems to be getting stronger down the stretch. I think it is still Timmy's to lose, but it might be closer than people think. Any thoughts...... 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Could Lundqvist steal the Vezina?

Being fifth in GAA and SV% doesn't earn the Vezina.  He also has started 12 more games than Thomas with only two extra wins posted.

He'll need to be better than that to win it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

In Response to Re: Could Lundqvist steal the Vezina?:
    [QUOTE]Being fifth in GAA and SV% doesn't earn the Vezina.  He also has started 12 more games than Thomas with only two extra wins posted. He'll need to be better than that to win it.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    But playing more games means ? what ? really. Its a race despite the gaa and sv%

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Funny but I think TT will get the Vezina but Lundqvist deserves at least a mention for MVP. Doesn't make much sense how a goalie can be an MVP candidate but not win the Vezina but thats how i look at Lundqvist. Price,TT,Lundqvist,Rinne mean the world to their clubs as do all goalies I guess, but these 4 stand out to me. All 4 worthy of any credentials they get.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Could Lundqvist steal the Vezina? : But playing more games means ? what ? really. Its a race despite the gaa and sv%
    Posted by wallydouglas[/QUOTE]

I don't think it means all that much if all that is being compared is the GAA and SV%.    However, if that is all that matters, Lundqvist is fifth in both categories, meaning he's no where near being in the running.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Funny but I think TT will get the Vezina but Lundqvist deserves at least a mention for MVP. Doesn't make much sense how a goalie can be an MVP candidate but not win the Vezina but thats how i look at Lundqvist. Price,TT,Lundqvist,Rinne mean the world to their clubs as do all goalies I guess, but these 4 stand out to me. All 4 worthy of any credentials they get.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]
    I was thinking of Lundqvist for MVP while watching the game yesterday.With the usual injuries to Gaborik and playing behind a D that doesn't feature a Chara,Lundqvist has kept them comfortably in the race.While Gaborik might be their best goalscorer,Lundqvist is,by far,the Rangers most important player.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Could Lundqvist steal the Vezina? : I was thinking of Lundqvist for MVP while watching the game yesterday.With the usual injuries to Gaborik and playing behind a D that doesn't feature a Chara,Lundqvist has kept them comfortably in the race.While Gaborik might be their best goalscorer,Lundqvist is,by far,the Rangers most important player.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

As Price was being thought for MVP before getting shelled in New York and Boston last week.  Similar situations for both teams although the one that finished higher in the standings their goaler could be the MVP.
    What about Perry (Ducks) 44 goals leading the league in scoring ?
    Don't forget Miller for MVP also.
    Vezina always goes to the goalie with the best stats GAA vs Save% and must play more than 50% of the games on his team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Could Lundqvist steal the Vezina? : As Price was being thought for MVP before getting shelled in New York and Boston last week.  Similar situations for both teams although the one that finished higher in the standings their goaler could be the MVP. What about Perry (Ducks) 44 goals leading the league in scoring ? Don't forget Miller for MVP also. Vezina always goes to the goalie with the best stats GAA vs Save% and must play more than 50% of the games on his team.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]
    I wish I could watch more of the west coast games.I've always been a big fan of Perry and Getzlaf since their World Junior days.Perry is somehow consistently better than expected.He's a player that would look great in Boston(or any team for that matter).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Could Lundqvist steal the Vezina? : I wish I could watch more of the west coast games.I've always been a big fan of Perry and Getzlaf since their World Junior days.Perry is somehow consistently better than expected.He's a player that would look great in Boston(or any team for that matter).
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Imagine if Getzlaf didn't get hurt. I loved watching those 2 along with Ryan in the playoffs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Could Lundqvist steal the Vezina? : But playing more games means ? what ? really. Its a race despite the gaa and sv%
    Posted by wallydouglas[/QUOTE]

This was my thought as well.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from brandonboys1. Show brandonboys1's posts

King Henrik can and will win the Vezina. Unfortunately, he plays in NYC, nuff said! But 11 SO's is very deserving anyway. The only hardware that really matters is the Cup!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I have no idea why wins wouldnt be part of the equation.Some nights a goalie might have his "A" game but still grinds out a win..It's stupid, I hate the fact that writers get to vote on individual awards.Most of the time they never played the game and are voting on what they see on paper.Coaches,players and G.M's should vote, and it should be that way for all sports across the board.