Crazy in Dunnville

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Crazy in Dunnville

So, I go to "downtown" Dunnville - POP - 6000, and it is crazy at the little parkette with a bandshell. The line up to get a pic with Horton is like 6 hours long. A sea of Black and Gold. (had to keep correcting the Wife that it is Gold not Yellow). It felt so good walking around with all these fellow inmates. I think the a-fore-mentioned-Wife now understands that I am not alone in my love of the Bs. 

But, I now know I am a Fan not a Fanatic for the Bruins. No way in he|| that I get in that line up. And it was literally he||. Had to be 95 in the shade. 

After talking to a few people I think you had to be there by 7 or 8 am, and then wait for 6 hours to get a pic. And no Cup, as it was delayed in Customs. 

Oh well, next year!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from YeOldeWinesock. Show YeOldeWinesock's posts

Re: Crazy in Dunnville

Rock Point campground a complete sell out.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

In Response to Crazy in Dunnville:
    [QUOTE]So, I go to "downtown" Dunnville - POP - 6000, and it is crazy at the little parkette with a bandshell. The line up to get a pic with Horton is like 6 hours long. A sea of Black and Gold. (had to keep correcting the Wife that it is Gold not Yellow). It felt so good walking around with all these fellow inmates. I think the a-fore-mentioned-Wife now understands that I am not alone in my love of the Bs.  But, I now know I am a Fan not a Fanatic for the Bruins. No way in he|| that I get in that line up. And it was literally he||. Had to be 95 in the shade.  After talking to a few people I think you had to be there by 7 or 8 am, and then wait for 6 hours to get a pic. And no Cup, as it was delayed in Customs.  Oh well, next year!
    Posted by perrysound[/QUOTE]

That must have been a great scene.  It must have been so nice to hang out with fellow Bruin fans something you don't get to do all the time when you are living in leafland.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronoc01. Show ronoc01's posts

Stood in line for 5 hrs for an autograph, was still a long way away when the announcement came that Nathan had to leave :( Oh well, no autograph. But my wife just happend to be walking around and was right next to the taxi that had the Cup, out comes the Cup, Nathan picks it up and my wife gets about 20 pics of Nathan hoisting it in the air. Priceless.  Paille and Peverly have the cup next week and I am an hour away for both, Seguin gets it also and reports he will be going to Toronto with it (he is not from there, but played youth hockey there.)  Maybe I will get someone's autograph, who knows.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Crazy in Dunnville:
    [QUOTE]
     Oh well, next year!
    Posted by perrysound[/QUOTE]

^ I like the way you think.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

In Response to Re: Crazy in Dunnville:
    [QUOTE]Stood in line for 5 hrs for an autograph, was still a long way away when the announcement came that Nathan had to leave :( Oh well, no autograph. But my wife just happend to be walking around and was right next to the taxi that had the Cup, out comes the Cup, Nathan picks it up and my wife gets about 20 pics of Nathan hoisting it in the air. Priceless.  Paille and Peverly have the cup next week and I am an hour away for both, Seguin gets it also and reports he will be going to Toronto with it (he is not from there, but played youth hockey there.)  Maybe I will get someone's autograph, who knows.
    Posted by ronoc01[/QUOTE]

You are a better man than I am. That would have been like the time I waited for almost 3 hours to get into Space Mountain at Disney, (about 12 yrs old) and they came out and said it was closed due to problems. That was hot. 

I hoped you enjoyed the time with all those other Bruins Fans. Since we get to see Leafs fans in large numbers, this was special.  

And Yes, Next Year it's off to Boston for the party. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from KennyBizz. Show KennyBizz's posts

Perrysound - I hear you.. Being smothered with Leaf fans in TO.  I'm looking forward to Black and Gold party in Welland next week.