Crosby = A ROD of hockey

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Crosby = A ROD of hockey

Some people think nas and i are the same poster.  I say no way.  Im from Canada.  The best country in the world.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

MrHulot - first off, Tuukka is a stick. If he is on steroids they aren't working. 

I've watched Crosby play hundreds of hockey games. Practically every hockey player that can speak english talks to the refs, yells at the refs, whines at the refs, and tries to get things brought to the attention of the refs. Bergeron does it, Chara does it, Marchand does it, Lucic does it, Horton does it, The whole Bruins roster does it. But when sid was 18 years old, he did it more than anyone, and he got a reputation, a reputation that he deserved to lose years ago but nope. 7 years ago you guys heard that sid was a whiner and a flopper so every time you see him go down, it's a dive. Everytime he says something to the official, he's the worst whiner in the league. 

You think Crosby is a punk for one of two reasons. One, you placed a judgement on an 18 year old kid, and decided that you would stick to that judgment for the rest of his career, or two, someone told you he was a punk so you decided he was. 

Stop! Just stop!  Don't say that "Bergeron and the whole Bruins roster does it". We get it. You love him and he can do no wrong. If you've really watched hundreds of his games (or literally half of his career) then you'd know he's always been a whiner who was just only recently shaking the rep. Saying different would mean that you're either blind or lying. I don't need you to tell me about Crosby. I've been watching him since he was a teenager. Hell, Shupe lives in basically Crosby's hometown. Is his opinion just based on something he heard about Crosby being a punk or might he really know what he's talking about? I choose the latter even though it sounds crazy when I say it out loud. BTW, Syd is cheating you. He has been for awhile. Sorry you had to be the last to know.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

In response to shuperman's comment:

Crosby is a fantastic talent. Passionate and wants to win.  His hearts in the right place. His emotions are like a chick though(sorry red).  He loves drama.  Best player in the world.  

Shupe, you and I both know this behavior is nothing new for Crosby. It's been going on since his days in Rimouski. There was even one playoff series in which his coaches threatened to not dress him on the road if the refs were going to allow his mistreatment. No wonder he whines. He was shown early on that it could work. BTW, see what I mean about Nas jr? It's like he'd never seen Crosby before this season. 

alright dez. it was cute for a while. I'm my own person, I have my own opinions, and they happen to be the same as another poster sometimes. You're normally a good poster, and I enjoy your opinions, although for the purposes of this thread they are incredibly flawed, however if you would like to continue suggesting that I am in any way emulating, or sucking up to someone else, I will kindly as you to f**k off.

That's exactly what he'd do too.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

From 2009

UESTION 4: WHICH PLAYER COMPLAINS THE MOST ON THE ICE? Crosby
    Crosby •  TOP VOTE-GETTER: Sidney Crosby (52%).
    •  More on Crosby | Statistics | Penguins page
    • A simple Google search will tell you what some fans think of Sidney Crosby on the ice ("cry baby" is the most often-used G-rated word); but at various times in his short career, Crosby has been accused of complaining too much to officials about calls or non-calls and embellishing fouls to draw penalties. It was a subject that was heightened during last season's playoffs. Crosby has repeatedly denied being that kind of a player.
    •  OTHER MENTIONS: Chris Pronger (8%); Sean Avery (7%); Steve Ott (5%); Ryan Getzlaf (4%); Shane Doan (3%); Marc Savard, Darcy Tucker (2%); Todd Bertuzzi, Mike Richards, Kris Draper (1%); 8 players with one vote.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Crosby is a fantastic talent. Passionate and wants to win.  His hearts in the right place. His emotions are like a chick though(sorry red).  He loves drama.  Best player in the world.  

Shupe, you and I both know this behavior is nothing new for Crosby. It's been going on since his days in Rimouski. There was even one playoff series in which his coaches threatened to not dress him on the road if the refs were going to allow his mistreatment. No wonder he whines. He was shown early on that it could work. BTW, see what I mean about Nas jr? It's like he'd never seen Crosby before this season. 

[/QUOTE]

alright dez. it was cute for a while. I'm my own person, I have my own opinions, and they happen to be the same as another poster sometimes. You're normally a good poster, and I enjoy your opinions, although for the purposes of this thread they are incredibly flawed, however if you would like to continue suggesting that I am in any way emulating, or sucking up to someone else, I will kindly as you to f**k off.

[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what hhe'd do too.

[/QUOTE]

you may not care, and if you don't by all means keep at it, but if this keeps up i'm just going to put you on ignore because i don't want to deal with it. That would be a shame, I don't have any genuine posters on ignore, and I don't want to start. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Sid wants to win more than anything in the world.  He's frustrated right now because he isn't, which doesn't make him a bad person...at all.  But as captain, he has to be a better leader and rally the troops both with his play and his attitude.  He's done a poor job of this so far.   I expect we'll see his best tomorrow night though.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]

MrHulot - first off, Tuukka is a stick. If he is on steroids they aren't working. 

I've watched Crosby play hundreds of hockey games. Practically every hockey player that can speak english talks to the refs, yells at the refs, whines at the refs, and tries to get things brought to the attention of the refs. Bergeron does it, Chara does it, Marchand does it, Lucic does it, Horton does it, The whole Bruins roster does it. But when sid was 18 years old, he did it more than anyone, and he got a reputation, a reputation that he deserved to lose years ago but nope. 7 years ago you guys heard that sid was a whiner and a flopper so every time you see him go down, it's a dive. Everytime he says something to the official, he's the worst whiner in the league. 

You think Crosby is a punk for one of two reasons. One, you placed a judgement on an 18 year old kid, and decided that you would stick to that judgment for the rest of his career, or two, someone told you he was a punk so you decided he was. 

Stop! Just stop!  Don't say that "Bergeron and the whole Bruins roster does it". We get it. You love him and he can do no wrong. If you've really watched hundreds of his games (or literally half of his career) then you'd know he's always been a whiner who was just only recently shaking the rep. Saying different would mean that you're either blind or lying. I don't need you to tell me about Crosby. I've been watching him since he was a teenager. Hell, Shupe lives in basically Crosby's hometown. Is his opinion just based on something he heard about Crosby being a punk or might he really know what he's talking about? I choose the latter even though it sounds crazy when I say it out loud. BTW, Syd is cheating you. He has been for awhile. Sorry you had to be the last to know.

[/QUOTE]

He does whine, but so do a LOT (like, all of them) NHL players. He developed a reputation before he turned 20 and rightfully so. Now everytime he says a word to an official it's a huge deal. He doesn't do it dramatically more than the norm, and certainly not even close to what his reputation suggests. I don't care if someone grew up on his street and thought he was a punk. When he was a teenager he probably was a punk. He isn't a teenager anymore. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

That's exactly what hhe'd do too.

you may not care, and if you don't by all means keep at it, but if this keeps up i'm just going to put you on ignore because i don't want to deal with it. That would be a shame, I don't have any genuine posters on ignore, and I don't want to start. 

You putting me on ignore is no punishment for me. How would I know the difference? You're acting like it's my fault that Crosby doesn't love you back. It's not. It's because you're too needy. 

this has nothing to do with this thread. I don't take kindly to people suggesting my thoughts, and opinions are not my own. I asked you to cut it out, it's up to you whether or not you do. That is all. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Some people think nas and i are the same poster.  I say no way.  Im from Canada.  The second best country in the world.  

I edited your post shupe

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

[QUOTE]

Some people think nas and i are the same poster.  I say no way.  Im from Canada.  The second best country in the world.  

I edited your post shupe

[/QUOTE]

if you take quebec out of the equation, shupe might actually be right

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

He does whine, but so do a LOT (like, all of them) NHL players. He developed a reputation before he turned 20 and rightfully so. Now everytime he says a word to an official it's a huge deal. He doesn't do it dramatically more than the norm, and certainly not even close to what his reputation suggests. I don't care if someone grew up on his street and thought he was a punk. When he was a teenager he probably was a punk. He isn't a teenager anymore. 

I never said Crosby was a punk. If you'd wipe away the tears you'd see that I'm implying that Shupe is very aware of who Crosby is. He's very familiar with him and doesn't need to form his opinion based on whether someone told him Syd was a punk. Your words not mine. Do you remember writing stuff earlier? If not, just see above and try connecting the dots.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[/QUOTE]

this has nothing to do with this thread. I don't take kindly to people suggesting my thoughts, and opinions are not my own. I asked you to cut it out, it's up to you whether or not you do. That is all. 

[/QUOTE]

I see what dez sees. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

[/QUOTE]

I see what dez sees. 

[/QUOTE]

And I guarantee Chowdah didn't like to admit that.  Laughing

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

hey i said my bit. i really don't care if you think this is about crosby or not. Fact is, it isn't. You're opinion is your own and while I completely disagree with it, I'm certainly not going to get upset about it. I don't like it when people claim my opinions are not my own. Plain and simple.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

hey i said my bit. i really don't care if you think this is about crosby or not. Fact is, it isn't. You're opinion is your own and while I completely disagree with it, I'm certainly not going to get upset about it. I don't like it when people claim my opinions are not my own. Plain and simple.

Your opinions are your own. The way you present them is why you have the nickname.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

On a side note. Crosby should take a note from Krejci. Talk about a player that just goes about his business and doesnt say a word. Krejci, the Silent Assassin. I dont  know how he does it. He never looks rattled by anything. Almost as if he could care less. Even though we all know thats not true. He shows very little emotion in some games....I know I could never show as little emotion as krejci. Im more of a make a face like Lucic does, when he disagrees with a penalty called against him. LOL

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

If you are just comparing the michael-jackson-glove-slap then yes I see the comparison. Anything else is complete garbage as I could never see Crosby looking at Barbara Walters n saying he did nothing wrong then a week later admitting he took HGH.

Sid can slap a glove better as well Tongue Out

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Crosby hasn't cheated, and he's also stuck with the team that drafted him, which I appreciate.  He's been a fastastic player and come back from very serious injuries without skipping a beat. He does not appear to have off-ice/field issues.  He appears to be like dby his teammates.

On the other hand, the whining may be even worse than A-rod, and that's the part that irks me.  I can't think of another NHL player that is in the ear of the referees more than Crosby.  The entitlement seems similar to A-rod and I think that Crosby literally wants to be treated differently by officials because he is so good.

All in all, I'm not buying the analogy, but I can see where the comparison comes from.

That's what I meant its the spoiled brat mentality that everything is supposed to go his way and when it doesn't he lashes out in a very immature way

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Toews has been acting up, mike richards does it.  Lets face it. Most captains are in front of the camera a lot.  No one in the league is close to crosby.  I think it was james neal who had to switch Lockers bc of the 200 cameras always in front of sid.  I think he has his moments and when things are bad you see them.  i think he handles himself pretty good considering.  He isnt arrogant.  He just thinks the league should cuddle him.  And for the most part the league has always babied the stars.  Different set of rules.  I saw sid clubbing ST near the end of game 1.  He got nothing.  Finally after he clubbed seguin he gets one.  

anyway, hes rattled.  Its great for us.  I cant imagine its fun playing against Z and get slashed and bumped by every player on the bruins.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chef09. Show Chef09's posts

I never liked Gretzky and I don't like Crosby for the same reasons. They often stood/stand in the way of the Bruins and the Cup. Wayne whined and so does Crosby. Both excellent players that I cheer for at the Olympics because I'm from Canada. After the Olympics- I'm back to hoping that Crosby and the Pens lose.

A-Rod, though, is not a great comparison.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

This is one of the worst threads I have seen on this forum. Crosby plays 100% everygame (this is probably the only time he's ever disappeared in his life). Is incredibly dedicated off the ice, doesn't just go for the most money (I'm still convinced he took less to sign a career deal in pittsburgh). Is, by all indications a good leader, and has done precisely 0 tabloid worthy things. He is just the very definition of a franchise player. Saying he's immature is stupid. He got into an argument with an opposing player. He gave the player a little shove. After the game he said "I'm certainly not trying to fight him but i'm also not going to back down." Isn't taht exactly what you want from your players? Ya, when he was a rookie he would whine to the refs and dive. He doesn't do it any more than your average player anymore. People hate Arod because every indication is that he is a horrible person, he cheats, seems to only care about himself and money. People hate Crosby because he's the best hockey player in the world and there isn't anyone that is even remotely close to him.

You need to read more around here.  We have some pretty bad threads.  This isn't one of them.

People don't hate Crosby because he's the best in the world.  People hate him because he runs to the refs every single time the whistle blows.  People hate him because he's a little girl.  No, I don't want a guy that says he's not trying to fight but not willing to back down.  Go or don't.  Don't show up and hide behind a ref. 

I think you need to watch more Penguins games to see how much he cries to the zebras.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Really wish we could all tamp this down a bit. Sid is Sid. He's a complainer like many others only with more talent and dedication. Whether the reputation is earned or a leftover mark from his teenage years -- many of the posters here are unfortunately sounding a lot like Flyers fans -- YUK.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

hard to believe there is even an argument here. i mentioned on another thread that my younger brother is a pens fan. on sunday (after gm 1) i was giving him the business about cindy being a whiny little girl. he didn't even TRY to defend him, he only said "yup, but you'd love to have him on your team". that about sums it up. you can defend his unquestionable talent, but not how he chooses to carry himself. i've read on this site that the greatest players in their sport ALL have this arrogant air surrounding them. NOT TRUE- see ray bourke, patrice bergeron, peyton manning, barry sanders, tim duncan, cal ripken, kirby puckett... just to name a few. it's really too bad, i'd love to root for such a talented player, but HE makes that hard to do. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to adkbeesfan's comment:

hard to believe there is even an argument here. i mentioned on another thread that my younger brother is a pens fan. on sunday (after gm 1) i was giving him the business about cindy being a whiny little girl. he didn't even TRY to defend him, he only said "yup, but you'd love to have him on your team". that about sums it up. you can defend his unquestionable talent, but not how he chooses to carry himself. i've read on this site that the greatest players in their sport ALL have this arrogant air surrounding them. NOT TRUE- see ray bourke, patrice bergeron, peyton manning, barry sanders, tim duncan, cal ripken, kirby puckett... just to name a few. it's really too bad, i'd love to root for such a talented player, but HE makes that hard to do. 

I'm sorry, I cant let that one go.

Sidney Crosby is the best hockey player on the planet. He whines to the refs, and he's looking bad doing it right now, especially with his team losing. I don't see any similarities to him and Alex Rodriguez.

If you want a player that cries to the officials to compare to Alex Rodriguez look no furhter than David Ortiz. No player in MLB complains/cries to the officials more than "Big Papi"...And, he's a cheater..Yet, he's loved. Just like Crosby is in Pittsburgh, except there is no evidence that Sidney Crosby has used performance enhancing drugs.