Cubs Lead Bruins in 2012-13

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Cubs Lead Bruins in 2012-13

Just picked up a copy of The Hockey News Hockey Pool special edition as I do every year. It was mostly a waste of money, but in the brief write up on the Bruins it said how Boston will look to three youngsters this season: Tyler Seguin up front, Dougie Hamilton on the blue line and Tuukka Rask in net. The point has been beat to death, of course, but it just really jumped out at me how the only players named in the story were young, talented players all stolen from the Leafs.  Thanks again, Toronto!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Cubs Lead Bruins in 2012-13

Funny how one move has helped structure our team for years to come.  Yet the Leags are looking for a #1 center and starting goalie. Priceless.  All for that snotty American known as Phil The Thrill.  Yeah I am US bashing today,  hoping that NAS will get a rise outta it.  He knows the Bruins are Canadas team

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Cubs Lead Bruins in 2012-13:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cubs Lead Bruins in 2012-13 : He's a dog ? you have multiple the 25 years ?
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

And he'll be 26 during the season.  I don't consider that young when you have 18 and 19 years old playing in the same league.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Cubs Lead Bruins in 2012-13:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cubs Lead Bruins in 2012-13 : And he'll be 26 during the season.  I don't consider that young when you have 18 and 19 years old playing in the same league.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Yah there are a ton of 18 and 19 year olds in the NHL compared to 26 year olds.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

In Response to Cubs Lead Bruins in 2012-13:
    [QUOTE]Just picked up a copy of The Hockey News Hockey Pool special edition as I do every year. It was mostly a waste of money, but in the brief write up on the Bruins it said how Boston will look to three youngsters this season: Tyler Seguin up front, Dougie Hamilton on the blue line and Tuukka Rask in net. The point has been beat to death, of course, but it just really jumped out at me how the only players named in the story were young, talented players all stolen from the Leafs.  Thanks again, Toronto!
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]
    I wouldn't count Hamilton as a shoe in just yet. Talk here in St.Catharines is that he will most likely spend another year in junior with the Ice Dogs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Cubs Lead Bruins in 2012-13 : I wouldn't count Hamilton as a shoe in just yet. Talk here in St.Catharines is that he will most likely spend another year in junior with the Ice Dogs.
    Posted by jpBsSoxFan[/QUOTE]
    JP, he's definitely not a lock to stay in Boston. That said, expecting him back in Niagra for another season might just be wishful thinking on the Ice Dogs part.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cubs Lead Bruins in 2012-13 : JP, he's definitely not a lock to stay in Boston. That said, expecting him back in Niagra for another season might just be wishful thinking on the Ice Dogs part.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

No doubt about that Dez. He is a pleasure to watch here in Niagara. I will be happy with whatever way it plays out. The Ice Dogs were very close last year, losing in the finals to the London Knights. It would be nice to see them make another run this season with the same core of guys but if he makes the big club that would be cool as well. I personally think he still needs to mature & fill out a little. He kind of reminds me of Kyle McLaren. Either way, looks like he has the potential to be a good one!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cubs Lead Bruins in 2012-13 : No doubt about that Dez. He is a pleasure to watch here in Niagara. I will be happy with whatever way it plays out. The Ice Dogs were very close last year, losing in the finals to the London Knights. It would be nice to see them make another run this season with the same core of guys but if he makes the big club that would be cool as well. I personally think he still needs to mature & fill out a little. He kind of reminds me of Kyle McLaren. Either way, looks like he has the potential to be a good one!
    As much as I'd like to see him make the Bruins this year, I won't be surprised if he spends another year in junior. I see no reason to have him burn a year of his entry level deal unless he'll be getting enough ice time to justify it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosbruins2011cup. Show bosbruins2011cup's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cubs Lead Bruins in 2012-13 : As much as I'd like to see him make the Bruins this year, I won't be surprised if he spends another year in junior. I see no reason to have him burn a year of his entry level deal unless he'll be getting enough ice time to justify it.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

The way I have seen the local bruins media talk all summer and for a year now I figured dougie was an all but sure thing to make the bruins this year. From how much I have heard about him I really hope he at least starts the season with the bruins. I have only watched him play a few times and that was in the world jr tourny. This puts a damper on my excitment level a tad for next season. You guys that follow jr's what more can he do at that level or how much better can he get playing at that level for another season if any?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cubs Lead Bruins in 2012-13 : The way I have seen the local bruins media talk all summer and for a year now I figured dougie was an all but sure thing to make the bruins this year. From how much I have heard about him I really hope he at least starts the season with the bruins. I have only watched him play a few times and that was in the world jr tourny. This puts a damper on my excitment level a tad for next season. You guys that follow jr's what more can he do at that level or how much better can he get playing at that level for another season if any?
    Posted by bosbruins2011cup[/QUOTE]

Defense is the hardest position in the NHL to play...for a young person even more so.  Yes on occasion you have a young guy who lights it up(Myers for example) but quickly he has hit a learning curve.  His partner that year walked via free agency and should get a lot of credit for developing him that year.  Chris Pronger and Chris Phillips all took time to adjust to the size and speed of the NHL. 
    I hope Dougie sticks with the Bruins but wont be upset if he doesnt.  It takes years to be a steady dman...look at PK, Myers or Schenn as resent examples of growing pains.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cubs Lead Bruins in 2012-13 : The way I have seen the local bruins media talk all summer and for a year now I figured dougie was an all but sure thing to make the bruins this year. From how much I have heard about him I really hope he at least starts the season with the bruins. I have only watched him play a few times and that was in the world jr tourny. This puts a damper on my excitment level a tad for next season. You guys that follow jr's what more can he do at that level or how much better can he get playing at that level for another season if any?
    Posted by bosbruins2011cup[/QUOTE]
    The spot is there for the taking but no one is going to just give it to him. If he's only going to play 8-10 minutes a game in Boston, then he might be better off staying in the OHL and playing 25 minutes a game. I'm all for him staying in Boston if he's going to play and not just watch most of the time.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JanneyJoyce. Show JanneyJoyce's posts

I have to use the argument against him returning. He was the best dman in the league. What can they teach him?

If it is muscle and maturity he needs, he can do that in Boston.

Seguins rookie year would be a good example, he will get 9 minutes a game.

They will carry 7 just so they can rotate them as the other 5 will be gassed at year end.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I have to use the argument against him returning. He was the best dman in the league. What can they teach him? If it is muscle and maturity he needs, he can do that in Boston. Seguins rookie year would be a good example, he will get 9 minutes a game. They will carry 7 just so they can rotate them as the other 5 will be gassed at year end.
    Posted by JanneyJoyce[/QUOTE]
    Seguin's ice time and development have no bearing on what happens with Hamilton. The Bruins will send him back unless he can play 12+ minutes per game.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cubs Lead Bruins in 2012-13 : No doubt about that Dez. He is a pleasure to watch here in Niagara. I will be happy with whatever way it plays out. The Ice Dogs were very close last year, losing in the finals to the London Knights. It would be nice to see them make another run this season with the same core of guys but if he makes the big club that would be cool as well. I personally think he still needs to mature & fill out a little. He kind of reminds me of Kyle McLaren. Either way, looks like he has the potential to be a good one!

Junior eligibility finished :

Mark Visentin
    Brock Beukeboom
    Shayne Rover
    Johnson Andrews
    Alex Friessen
    Andrew Aggozino
    Steven Shipley 
    Myles Doan
    Freddie Hamilton
    Tom Kuhnhackl
    David Pacan
    Mitch Bennett
    Jamie Oleksiak

If Hamilton gets sent down there will be no playoff run with the same core. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]There's really no doubt that Hamilton will play for the Bruins next year. Even at 19 he can't be worse of an option than Grant Exelby.. The Bruins Organization has made it clear the spot is there for his taking. As long as he doesn't look lost in training camp (if there is one) he will most likely not be sent back to London.
    Posted by Bisson1[/QUOTE]

There is plenty of doubt there.

Chara, Seidenberg, Ference, Boychuk, and McQuaid have spots locked up.

If Torey Krug (who looked pretty good by my eyes last season) outplays Hamilton, it's a different scenario.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]There's really no doubt that Hamilton will play for the Bruins next year. Even at 19 he can't be worse of an option than Grant Exelby.. The Bruins Organization has made it clear the spot is there for his taking. As long as he doesn't look lost in training camp (if there is one) he will most likely not be sent back to London.

This won't happen considering.......

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I would certainly expect for there to be competition for the 6th spot on D.  If there isn't, I would expect a cheap signing of a Mottau/Zanon type to create competition.  Julien is slow to trust rookies and Hamilton has proven less than several guys in Providence at this point.

I would guess that Hamilton makes the team, but there is plenty of doubt too. He better bring it in camp.