CURSE OF THE WAFFLES?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: K CURSE?

Curse of the Burke

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The second I participate with a curse name Phillaparzzi would score against the Bs happens everytime I'm worse than when Edwards throws up a stat then the opposing team scores. Trust me on this...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: K CURSE?:
    [QUOTE]The second I participate with a curse name Phillaparzzi would score against the Bs happens everytime I'm worse than when Edwards throws up a stat then the opposing team scores. Trust me on this...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

LOL

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Neely hates Phil, swears at him alll the time;
    Curse of the Cambino.

Phil thinks he's as great a Babe Ruth, but he's not;
    Curse of the Shambino.
    btw, Babe's Ruth's house is right around the corner from me in Sudbury.  I thought that was cool.  Lived here for years before I knew that.

Phil thinks he plays like a lion, but really he's more like a sheep;
    Curse of the Lambino

That's all I got for Burke's favorite little jerk.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Curse of the coaster.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Curse of the coaster.
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]
    The beauty of Phil being cursed is that it doesn't matter to him.The Curse of No big deal....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Curse of the contract -- which in legal shorthand would be, somewhat ironically, Curse of the K.

If Kessel accepted Krejci money not only would he be a Bruin (and therefore also successful) but no one would rip on him for being overpaid/lazy/crappy on defense because he'd be worth it at that price. Now the pressure of playing in Toronto with self-imposed franchise-player expectations, as well as the pressure of trying to prove his old team wrong, is crushing him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

That's pretty good, especially considering that in baseball shorthand it would also mean Curse of the Strikeout, which is also appropriate.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

How long will it take before he scores against Boston?  This year?  Next year?  After the current contract ends?

Hmmm.

The Weighty Curse?  (Weight room avoidance)
    The Won't Do Squat Curse?   (He wouldn't do extra squats in Boston, so now he won't do squat against Boston)

The Curse of the Waffles?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Re: CURSE OF THE WAFFLES?

The Curse of the 1 Balled Philly

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

Phil the Nil.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

"Curse of  Zambino 81" Round and Round, and Round.Cool

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Curse of the contract -- which in legal shorthand would be, somewhat ironically, Curse of the K. If Kessel accepted Krejci money not only would he be a Bruin (and therefore also successful) but no one would rip on him for being overpaid/lazy/crappy on defense because he'd be worth it at that price. Now the pressure of playing in Toronto with self-imposed franchise-player expectations, as well as the pressure of trying to prove his old team wrong, is crushing him.
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]

No.  Kessel is the world's biggest example of wasting God given talent that there is and he's bound and determined to keep it that way.

First few games of the season he scared me because he was willing to go into the traffic and backchecked and was highly productive.  Then he just quit after that.

Look at the team stats and it is plain and obvious how badly underachieving he is on the Leafs.  To have 3 players in front of him and 2 very close behind him in the stats is disgraceful.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wingnut11. Show Wingnut11's posts

In Response to Re: CURSE OF THE WAFFLES?:
    [QUOTE]The Curse of the 1 Ball Philly
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

WOW!!!
    That is awesome!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CURSE OF THE WAFFLES? : WOW!!! That is awesome!!!
    Posted by Wingnut11[/QUOTE]

A little goonies reference does everyone good!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

I gotta go with badhab on this, theres not curse, kessel not scoring goals in big games is nothing new..

When we win a ring with Seguin on this team, and toronto is still awful (from trading all their picks away trying to get better now) rather then building through the system, we can start to call it a curse.. but it'll be burkes fault more then kessel's..

"we drafted 7th this year, we don't expect to pick that high again".. still says it all to me.

You don't make the corner stone of your franchise a half effort player..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

roler,  I'm just trying to get the witty fan base on here sooth are way to Thursday and Saturdays games.

The Waffle curse ,  even a Leafs fan would find funny if only we can find what Kessel has in common with a waffle.  Anybody ?  That should be funny.

Rationally speaking Burke had to be out of his mind thinking that. For argument sake let's just say we got the 7th pick, in 2010 it was Jeff Skinner.  Not too shabby and I think he might even be better than Kessel .

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

I think it's the curse of the Tuukka to be honest.

Drafted by the Leafs as a highly touted goalie prospect and the Leafs deal him away before he even arrives in North America.  The two options the Leafs went with (Raycroft short term and Pogge was supposed to be long term) were both disasters as Leafs.

Kessel traded for dynasty building blocks is just the next chapter in Curse Nation.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Then lets call it the pancake curse..

like the late great mitch hedberg said..

"You don't want to be like pancakes, great in the begining, but by the end I'm just f**ng sick of em.."

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Then lets call it the pancake curse.. like the late great mitch hedberg said.. "You don't want to be like pancakes, great in the begining, but by the end I'm just f**ng sick of em.."
    Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE]
    Fantastic comedian.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]Then lets call it the pancake curse.. like the late great mitch hedberg said.. "You don't want to be like pancakes, great in the begining, but by the end I'm just f**ng sick of em.."
    I loved Mitch Hedberg...that guy was great!....gone too soon! Do I like the deal we made for Phiil Kessel.......all encompassingly!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

That's a riot !  That does sums him up pretty well.  We can relate Kessel and waffles/pancakes.
    Also funny we're talking about this as when I open this link on MSN there's a phooto with Kessel and reads "Why fans are pelting stars with Waffles" .

http://ca.msn.com/#

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CURSE OF THE WAFFLES? : Fantastic comedian.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Also a huge fan.

"I want to invent a vending machine that sells other vending machines. It'd have to be really f***ing big."