Czech / Valabik 6-7 245lbs.... are you kidding me!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaymiller. Show jaymiller's posts

Czech / Valabik 6-7 245lbs.... are you kidding me!!!

Great move PC !!!!!

Boris Valabik #5 - D

Atlanta

• DOB: 1986/02/14
    • POB: Nitra, Czech. (now Slovakia)
    • Height: 6-7 Weight: 245lbs
    • Shoots: L
    • NHL Seasons: 3
    • Drafted by Atlanta in 2004 (1/10).
    • Current Status: In the minors

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

Re: Czech / Valabik 6-7 245lbs.... are you kidding me!!!

He's nasty too......Not sure where he fits on the team, but pair him up with McQauid and that would be scary.

Lacks discipline and has no offensive upside.

Still, scarey possibilties and a good guy to have when you play the Rangers and Flyers for example.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

He is big but not too tough though:

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/53545

Ouch!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

He's a speed bag with zero skill.  He will be in the AHL

Peverly isnt bad but he could wear eggs in his pants and not worry about them breaking.  How do you only have 27 hits. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Is is a bear?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaymiller. Show jaymiller's posts

In Response to Re: Czech / Valabik 6-7 245lbs.... are you kidding me!!!:
    [QUOTE]He is big but not too tough though: http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/53545 Ouch!!!
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]

HA .....picked a fight with his hero lol ..... watch closely no punches connected ~ unless you consider the helmut a connection.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Yes, Valabik is AHL bound and is merely a callup player so no big deal. I heard somewhere that he was a big fan of Chara and considered it an honour to be pummelled by him...lol!!!

Seriously though, maybe Chara can mentor him and make him more useful.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from iambunty. Show iambunty's posts

He's big and thats why he got drafted at 10...has not scored a single goal at the NHL level and has 0 goals 9 assists at the AHL level this year. 

I think the b's hope they can work with him but ultimately this deal was for cap space. Peverley brings a good third liner to this team at a modest cap hit. 

The down side? We now have 23 centers on this team. Hopefully kelly and Pev can play the outside well...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Valabik didnt really want to fight Chara ...who want to fight Chara...

Heard on radio here in Montreal on CKAC : JC Lajoie not too happy about the BRUINS getting another giant size D ....he can be very usefull in the playoffs ..and against Montreal ...we know now that you play tought against Montreal and a lot of their players dispappear ....

Sad day for me ...losing Blake ...and Stuart ....

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]Valabik didnt really want to fight Chara ...who want to fight Chara... Heard on radio here in Montreal on CKAC : JC Lajoie not too happy about the BRUINS getting another giant size D ....he can be very usefull in the playoffs ..and against Montreal ...we know now that you play tought against Montreal and a lot of their players dispappear .... Sad day for me ...losing Blake ...and Stuart .... Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]

That's alright Stanley, all good things must come to an end...just take solace in the fact the B's appear, on paper, to be a much better team now then they were this morning.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

you've been outed stanley...we have figured out your are really a habs fan, constanly on this site trolling with your absurdities-looking for reactions, laughing to yourself all the time.  be gone! 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

you've been outed stanley...we have figured out your are really a habs fan, constanly on this site trolling with your absurdities-looking for reactions, laughing to yourself all the time.  be gone! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

we new that something was happening, and Stuart never became more than a 5/6 D, although i would have preferred Boychuck being gone. Posted yesterday that Boychuck+Wheeler equalled the $ necessary for the Kaberle deal. Remember, Chara was big, awkward, not fast, when the Isles sent him to Ottowa. He is still big, less awkward.  Peverley has been helping in Atlanta. Tonight's lines will probably be: Kreji and Bergie the same; Ryder/Kelly/Seguin; Paille/Campbell/Thornton. Question is, will Kaberle be there for game time?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BamBamNeely. Show BamBamNeely's posts

Chara did not have any type of numbers until four years in the league and had a breakout of 23 points.  He was a year older than Valabik is now.  Give the kid some type to mature and get in the system. I'm sure Chara is going to only help with him.  This is a salary dump move by the B's that may have a surprising return and if not who cares it's not like they are expecting this kid to be a top 4

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Losing Stuart hurts.  I see him as a top 4 dman someday.  Kinda reminds me of Witt in his prime.  This was purely a salary dump.  But I don't anticipate these guys helping much.  Valabik is brutal.  He was bullying Rypien one night and got destroyed.  I hope he never wears a Bruins Jersey.  And Peverly has decent skill and will be a 3rd-4th liner. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griswal65. Show Griswal65's posts

sad to see Stuey go, this sloach looks like a poor man's version of Peter Popovic

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griswal65. Show Griswal65's posts

[QUOTE]Losing Stuart hurts.  I see him as a top 4 dman someday.  Kinda reminds me of Witt in his prime.  This was purely a salary dump.  But I don't anticipate these guys helping much.  Valabik is brutal.  He was bullying Rypien one night and got destroyed.  I hope he never wears a Bruins Jersey.  And Peverly has decent skill and will be a 3rd-4th liner. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Shupe, I saw that on hockeyfights too.... Ripper was giving up 6" and 50 lbs.... yikes, we can get that from Hal Gill if we still wanted it ....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I have to laugh at people defending Chia.

He just got hosed on this Atlanta deal.  This is reminscent of the Shawn McEachern for Trent McClearly move when Harry didn't want to pay McEachern.

Is there a way to flip this Everley character to Edmonton for Hemsky?  Why did he just acquire another Center?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

[QUOTE]I have to laugh at people defending Chia. He just got hosed on this Atlanta deal.  This is reminscent of the Shawn McEachern for Trent McClearly move when Harry didn't want to pay McEachern. Is there a way to flip this Everley character to Edmonton for Hemsky?  Why did he just acquire another Center?
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

Peverley is a more complete player than Wheeler is right now. It will only be lopsided if Peverley regresses and Wheels suddenly turns into something much more than what he has been here, which is a big guy with decent skill who plays a finesse game but isn't particulary good at it. I will say that Wheeler probably has more potential than Peverley but who knows if he will ever realize his full potential.

Every time I see Peverley play he does something good. He's fast and puts more pressure on the opposing D than Wheeler. He plays well in all 3 zones and does the little things well. Pretty versatile player too so he can line up at center or wing and do either well. He's not very physical but he's not a soft player and I don't think you can say the same for Wheeler IMO.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Peverley is faster than Wheeler, and he can play wing.

Wheeler just doesn't have it, he trips over the blue line and is softer than charmin

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Just watching Peverley on Youtube and he is really fast ...hope I will forget Wheeler .....Cant wait to see the newests Bruins in action tonight

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Czech / Valabik 6-7 245lbs.... are you kidding me!!! : Peverley is a more complete player than Wheeler is right now. It will only be lopsided if Peverley regresses and Wheels suddenly turns into something much more than what he has been here, which is a big guy with decent skill who plays a finesse game but isn't particulary good at it. I will say that Wheeler probably has more potential than Peverley but who knows if he will ever realize his full potential. Every time I see Peverley play he does something good. He's fast and puts more pressure on the opposing D than Wheeler. He plays well in all 3 zones and does the little things well. Pretty versatile player too so he can line up at center or wing and do either well. He's not very physical but he's not a soft player and I don't think you can say the same for Wheeler IMO.
    Posted by WalkTheLine[/QUOTE]

And, Peverley seems to be pretty productive for a complete player...right at the Horton/Ryder level at current.  Actually, all three are pretty productive: Peverley, Kaberle, and Kelly.

It's a good think they were able to hold on the the TOR #1, Kampfer, Caron et al.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

[QUOTE]Just watching Peverley on Youtube and he is really fast ...hope I will forget Wheeler .....Cant wait to see the newests Bruins in action tonight Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]

Stanley! Is Peverley going to be your new Wheeler??????

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Peverly has good wheels and decent hands.  I say upgrade over wheeler.  But Stuart is where the edge goes to Atl
    We are a better team today than we were yesterday.
    Lots of teams wheeling and dealing