D call up

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stanleycomehome. Show Stanleycomehome's posts

D call up

If stuarts gonna miss sometime who do we want to see get the call-up? I liked kampfers play during the pre-season and would like to see how he does.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheShepherd. Show TheShepherd's posts

Re: D call up

Have they announced what his injury was yet?

kampfer or penner may be the only two options.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stanleycomehome. Show Stanleycomehome's posts

haven't said anything official on injury yet but chara said after the game that they would be calling up a defenseman(according to nesn.com). Bartowski did stay the longest,lasting through the prague trip.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheShepherd. Show TheShepherd's posts

Itll be interesting either way... Will they base it on stats? whos carrying the best plus minus? or the recent play of an individual? Bartowski did stay the longest, his numbers arent greattho. What it boils down to really, i guess, is we are getting another undersized, college hockey player to fill hunwicks place.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

In Response to D call up:
    [QUOTE] If stuarts gonna miss sometime who do we want to see get the call-up? I liked kampfers play during the pre-season and would like to see how he does.
    Posted by Stanleycomehome[/QUOTE]

Anybody who is willing to pinch in when the puck is on the boards in the ofinsive zone. Granted Buffalo lost the game but their D was keeping the puck in the B's zone time after time. If I see one more Bruin defenseman backing out of the zone when the puck approaches the blue line -- I gonna freak. Not sad that Hunwick is gone but I liked his agressive style in the offensive zone.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Bruins D make pretty good decisions at the point. None of them are wiked fast either.

When Playing D your suppose to count really fast the number of players above the hash marks and below. If your outnumbered you back off. Odd man rushes kill the Bruins. Because the D are too slow to get back.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

On a team full of minus players, Kampfer is a +10 with 3 goals and 13 assists for 16 points in 20 games.  To me it has to be Steven, he played just as well as Bartkowski did in camp.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from puckstopa. Show puckstopa's posts

It's simple it wont have to do with who is playing the best at the moment.  If Stuart will be out for a short amount of time it will be whoever carries the lowest daily cap hit out of the 3 or 4 Kampfer, Penner, Bartowski, and maybe even Bodnardchuk, but out out of the obvious 3 choices Bartowski carries the lowest daily cap hit.  If Stuart is out for a longer perios of time, possibly a LTIR stint all doors are open.

I find it very very interesting that Chiarelli said someone from Providence D will get playing time soon and this happened, not saying its planned but very interesting how last week comments were made and then magically a D gets injured.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"What it boils down to really, i guess, is we are getting another undersized, college hockey player to fill hunwicks place."

Barkowski is 6'1" 200 not undersized and is more mobile than any current Bruins defenseman in the lineup.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheShepherd. Show TheShepherd's posts

"Barkowski is 6'1" 200 not undersized and is more mobile than any current Bruins defenseman in the lineup."

The average size of d-man in the NHl is 6-2 210lbs...

american born defenseman, that played college hockey. Not exactly prominent in the NHl standard for D-man.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

The Bruins are using LTIR relief already anyways.  Unless Sturm comes back while Stuart is hurt (but not on LTIR) the cap hit of the call-up won't matter.  If it is an issue, Penner is up at $1M, Bodnarchuk at $0.58M, and the other two below $0.3M.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Why does anyone think that a 6'1 or 2 inch guy with 190 + pounds is undersized? The basic problem with any callup is how ingrained Claude's syatem has become. Bartkowski was not following " strictly Claude" and has had to modify his instincts. Last year Penner and Bodnarchuck came up briefly and showed speed and puck control, but their instinctive play is not conducive to Claude's restrictive "SYstem". Let's see what happens because Stuart, Ference, and McQuaid [ who tends to pass off to the opposite D too soon} are all being overwhelmed. So far Timmy, not Claude's system, has been the decisive capability.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In Response to Re: D call up:
    [QUOTE]Bruins D make pretty good decisions at the point. None of them are wiked fast either. When Playing D your suppose to count really fast the number of players above the hash marks and below. If your outnumbered you back off. Odd man rushes kill the Bruins. Because the D are too slow to get back.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

Excellent post! ^^^^^^^^

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]"What it boils down to really, i guess, is we are getting another undersized, college hockey player to fill hunwicks place."Barkowskiis 6'1" 200 not undersized and is more mobile than any current Bruins defenseman in the lineup.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

I really think they'll try him . He can bring some diversity to the D. 

Kampfer while is doing well would not bring change but more of the same.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheShepherd. Show TheShepherd's posts

I know it probably sounds like im hating on the d prospects but im not... Im just simply saying there is no one in our minor system that i can see stepping in being a top 4 defenseman on this team. We have guys that can step in and fills holes and get the job done, but boychuk and mcquaid were the cream of our d crop. Im sure in the next few drafts Chia is gonna be looking for a drew doughty-type guy.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: D call up:[QUOTE]"Barkowski is 6'1" 200 not undersized and is more mobile than any current Bruins defenseman in the lineup." The average size of d-man in the NHl is 6-2 210lbs... american born defenseman, that played college hockey. Not exactly prominent in the NHl standard for D-man.
    Posted by TheShepherd[/QUOTE]

Oh I get it didn't come up through the OHL or QMJHL and isn't Canadian got it that's your gripe. Thanks for turning back the clock back Don!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

What about Cohen, by the way?  Anyone know how he's fitting in?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://theahl.com/stats/official-game-report.php?game_id=1007694

http://theahl.com/stats/gamebygame.php?id=3630

Did I miss something is Colby playing with Reading in the ECHL ? There is only Lake Erie stats up...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.providencebruins.com/View/PressReleases/623

For those of you who suggested or wanted Kampfer you win.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheShepherd. Show TheShepherd's posts

Humor me sans...

Its simple really.. Look at the olympic rosters for defenseman.. you can check the juniors too...  The ohl, whl, and q pump out defenseman that are 10x superior in quality to college. and they are younger.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Take your Canadian players are far superior than American skaters back above the the 49th or stick it where it belongs I get your humor...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I would actually like to see Cohen get the call-up.  He has a little bit of NHL experience and I would like to see what he can do.  From everything I have heard Kampfer and Bartkowski would be best served with a full year in the AHL.  Of course, with another injury to a D-man in Boston, that would force the hand of Chia to call someone up. 

It would be great if the upcoming salary cap move by the Bruins somehow included another veteran defensmen...might not be possible though... 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Kampfer it is .  5f11 from Michigan State.  I'm looking forward to seeing him play and see what he could bring.
    BookBoy,  can this be the player that proves your theory wrong ? Wink

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]Humor me sans... Its simple really.. Look at the olympic rosters for defenseman.. you can check the juniors too...  The ohl, whl, and q pump out defenseman that are 10x superior in quality to college. and they are younger.
    Posted by TheShepherd[/QUOTE]

Just not true.  There are certainly a lot of good defensmen coming out of juniors, but do you want the list of top-4 NHL defensmen from college and Europe??  It is a lengthy one...

"10x superior" -- we're not on the elementary school playground bud...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]Kampfer it is .  5f11 from Michigan State.  I'm looking forward to seeing him play and see what he could bring. BookBoy,  can this be the player that proves your theory wrong ?
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

He was a Wolverine, no?