Dale Arnold

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from G4ck5. Show G4ck5's posts

Dale Arnold

Omg Dale Arnold is awful! Willing to buy Kathyn Tappen any day of the week. On that note anyone other than Dale.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Re: Dale Arnold

In Response to Dale Arnold:
    [QUOTE]Omg Dale Arnold is awful! Willing to buy Kathyn Tappen any day of the week. On that note anyone other than Dale.
    Posted by G4ck5[/QUOTE]

I was yelling this at the TV tonight.  I used to look forward to katheryn and the post game... now they have another white haired old guy that offers nothing additional to the conversation other than talking funny.

Its bad enough we lost KT, but this guy is horrible.  No more watching NESN post game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Someone else mentioned it during the preseason.  I didn't know he was on for the season too. >(

His voice makes me want to shove kabob skewers in my ears.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sgebhardt8. Show sgebhardt8's posts

Every time he intro's a highlight it sounds like he's introducing the next item up for bid on the price is right!  Awful!  didn't NESN learn the first time around?  There's so much talent out there.  There has to be another Kathryn Tappen out there somewhere.

Dale sucks!  He couldn't make it on the radio, so who thought he could make this work?  Okaly-dokaly.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from G4ck5. Show G4ck5's posts

Is anyone else muting the tv when Dale starts speaking? I can't even listen to his horrible fake radio voice.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

In Response to Re: Dale Arnold:
    [QUOTE]Is anyone else muting the tv when Dale starts speaking? I can't even listen to his horrible fake radio voice.
    Posted by G4ck5[/QUOTE]

No.  I'm not.  I wasn't a KT fan.  Yes....she was/is very good-looking.  But she doesn't bring anything to the table.  She certainly got a lot better as she went along, but she doesn't have the kind of league-wide knowledge that Dale does.  I never liked Dale on play-by-play but as an in-studio host I think he's more than adequate.  Certainly not as good to look at as KT but looks aren't everything.

So....no.  I don't put the TV on mute.  And I certainly don't bump up the thread from 2 nights ago.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

KT was easier on the eyes, but it's not that difficult to change the channel and find women to look at and wearing less.

Not crazy about Dale, but he does have better hockey knowledge than KT.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Dale knows hockey, period.  When I see KT on NHL Network, mispronouncing guys names, I laugh.  She has no hockey knowledge.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

maybe Nesn could put up a picture of KT while playing the audio of Dale

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

I'm not sure what people expect from the studio guy. Dale does a nice job. he knows hockey, the B's and the entire NHL as well as being a guy who keeps tabs on the minors, college and juniors. I had no problem with KT once she settled in to the job but she left. I was glad to see dale land that gig.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from G4ck5. Show G4ck5's posts

This isn't a question of Hockey Knowledge or good looks. Its a question about how fake his voice is, and how terrible his voice is. Side note and a dig at me from Jalvis, i am going to bump a thread from 2 days ago since thats the last time the bruins played, and last time i heard the fakest voice on tv.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

fake voice? I've met the guy several times (both our daughters play hockey so we've been in the same rink multiple times) and that's his voice. Sorry to disappoint you.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from amazinglarry. Show amazinglarry's posts

Dale is garbage.  When he was doing the announcing I was a lot younger and he seemed to be somewhat tolerable but listening to any of his old highlights brings back terrible memories.  

And now that he's back, it's like having 'Nam equivalent flashbacks.  Trade him for Rob Simpson please. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from G4ck5. Show G4ck5's posts

[QUOTE]fake voice? I've met the guy several times (both our daughters play hockey so we've been in the same rink multiple times) and that's his voice. Sorry to disappoint you.
    Posted by WalkTheLine[/QUOTE]

Yeah....ok if thats his real voice, than i am Tim Thomas little brother, and we have have a child together.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from G4ck5. Show G4ck5's posts

[QUOTE]Dale is garbage.  When he was doing the announcing I was a lot younger and he seemed to be somewhat tolerable but listening to any of his old highlights brings back terrible memories.   And now that he's back, it's like having 'Nam equivalent flashbacks.  Trade him for Rob Simpson please. 
    Posted by amazinglarry[/QUOTE]

LOL Rob Simpson good call. I haven't had a good laugh today.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

[QUOTE]And now that he's back, it's like having 'Nam equivalent flashbacks.  Posted by amazinglarry[/QUOTE]

Im sure you know so much about "Nam flashbacks".  Cause yeah, a bunch of young kids getting killed in a complete bullsh*t war is so much like a guy who you dislike analysing hockey games.  Idiot

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from G4ck5. Show G4ck5's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dale Arnold : Im sure you know so much about "Nam flashbacks".  Cause yeah, a bunch of young kids getting killed in a complete bullsh*t war is so much like a guy who you dislike analysing hockey games.  Idiot
    Posted by bigvig[/QUOTE]

Wow here comes the serious patrole. Its a figure a speach, are you a founding member of Mothers of America?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Well, it depends what you want.  Do you want eye candy or hockey analysis?

Dale Arnold is a pretty solid hockey guy and fought to talk hockey during the lean years in Boston, when WEEI thought it was fun to boycott hockey and the Bruins.  Arnold knows this team well and usually has intelligent commentary even if it is delivered in an annoying fashion.

Kathryn Tappen was fun to mentally undress (which took a while with her outfits) and she was good at tempering former players into a cohesive show.  I liked her.  I still like her at NHL network.

But, I think you are complaining about the choice of hockey acumen over good looks and good delivery.  Dale Arnold knows hockey.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dale Arnold : Yeah....ok if thats his real voice, than i am Tim Thomas little brother, and we have have a child together.
    Posted by G4ck5[/QUOTE]

It IS his real voice.  If it were a "fake radio voice" then why would he choose to have a horrible sounding voice as his "radio voice"???  I agree....I can't stand it either.  And that's why I said that I couldn't stand him doing play-by-play.  But, again, I don't mind him being an in-studio host.  His voice is still 100 times better than Tom Caron's.

And yes, I'm aware that 2 days ago was their last game.  I'm just wondering if Wednesday night if you're going to bump this again making it a normal game-day thread?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

[QUOTE]Kathryn Tappen was fun to mentally undress (which took a while with her outfits) and she was good at tempering former players into a cohesive show.  I liked her. 
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

LMAO!!!!!!!!!   So true.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from G4ck5. Show G4ck5's posts

[QUOTE]Kathryn Tappen was fun to mentally undress (which took a while with her outfits) Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]
     LOL awesome

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from amazinglarry. Show amazinglarry's posts

BigVig, it's a turn of phrase.  I was being facetious.  Please get over yourself.  

I am, however, very serious about trading for Rob Simpson.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

[QUOTE]Well, it depends what you want.  Do you want eye candy or hockey analysis? Dale Arnold is a pretty solid hockey guy and fought to talk hockey during the lean years in Boston, when WEEI thought it was fun to boycott hockey and the Bruins.  Arnold knows this team well and usually has intelligent commentary even if it is delivered in an annoying fashion. Kathryn Tappen was fun to mentally undress (which took a while with her outfits) and she was good at tempering former players into a cohesive show.  I liked her.  I still like her at NHL network. But, I think you are complaining about the choice of hockey acumen over good looks and good delivery.  Dale Arnold knows hockey.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Fletch - Did you ever notice she was very covered up with high necklines, etc. anytime she was paired with Mike Milbury? lol

Can we get an age restriction on this board? Like you have to be over 12, both in actual age AND metality??? freakin' morons!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from G4ck5. Show G4ck5's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dale Arnold : Fletch - Did you ever notice she was very covered up with high necklines, etc. anytime she was paired with Mike Milbury? lol Can we get an age restriction on this board? Like you have to be over 12, both in actual age AND metality??? freakin' morons!
    Posted by WalkTheLine[/QUOTE]

Yeah cause disagreeing with someone is only a non-intellectual child. I am sorry i am not 40-90 years old group that apparenly can only have good comments. Well i guess the people in the world have to hit 40+ to disagree with someone to not be a child. I am sorry if Dale is your BFF but my opinion stands.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dale Arnold : Yeah....ok if thats his real voice, than i am Tim Thomas little brother, and we have have a child together.
    Posted by G4ck5[/QUOTE]

Yeah G4, I listened to that guy for countless hours on sports radio and hockey broadcasts.  It isn't a fake voice.