Deadline Deal.... Ana - Bos

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from darrenryan. Show darrenryan's posts

Deadline Deal.... Ana - Bos

Just thinking about possible fits for the deadline....i think Anaheim could be a great trade partner.....thoughts on this deal?

To Boston

Francois Beauchemin....both free agents to be
    Teemu Salenne

To Anaheim

Zack Hamill
    Johnny Boychuk
    1st round pick

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mb30. Show mb30's posts

Re: Deadline Deal.... Ana - Bos

In Response to Deadline Deal.... Ana - Bos:
    [QUOTE]Just thinking about possible fits for the deadline....i think Anaheim could be a great trade partner.....thoughts on this deal? To Boston Francois Beauchemin....both free agents to be Teemu Salenne To Anaheim Zack Hamill Johnny Boychuk 1st round pick
    Posted by darrenryan[/QUOTE]

Heck no.  I would not give up a prospect, a 1st rounder, and a 4th d-man for essentially a rental in Selanne, and a number 3 d-man. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mb30. Show mb30's posts

I would however, consider a trade involving a 1st rounder, boychuk, and hamill for a deal involving Cam Fowler.  The kids going to be great.  However this would not be a deadline time deal.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from big_bad_bruins. Show big_bad_bruins's posts

a 1st rounder lmao

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karl-Hungus. Show Karl-Hungus's posts

be interesting to see if the rocket takes a discount to continue riding with z.  the former is good but his numbers will go down without the latter.   

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

Beauchemin blows. He was awful with Toronto. Boychuk out Beauchemin in is a significant downgrade.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

You are overrating Boychuk, but it doesn't make sense to trade him in a deal involving Beauchemin...at best its an even swap.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from niftybear. Show niftybear's posts

How does this trade make Boston better? It seems so unnecessary.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from darrenryan. Show darrenryan's posts

Selanne can sure help us, remember he got 40? goals last yr...easily becomes our best scorer....

Beauchemin wont win any norris trophy, but he is a good depth guy with leadership qualities....and one of the best open ice hitters in the game

Fowler is who you  build around, not trade

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4neely8. Show orr4neely8's posts

I am so far complacent with our team good depth, play well together and has all positive  aspects (Tough, depth scoring, can get dirty if need be, size and speed)

Why fix something if it is already working, hell I have 1992 Dodge Caravan still runs great I drive it more then my 2004 Cavalier.

Selanne will sure boost our PP and he was always one of my fav. players. I will not give a first rd. pick. Selanne is the way in for retirement but may want a last chance to win cup could be deadline bait.

Campbell is FA and Caron we can put him into the trade picture to see if ANA will at least pick up the phone about Selanne.

Caron Boychuk Hamil to ANA for Fowler

Overall we seem to have a young stud d man coming in our system remember Hamilton. With Chara's babysitting he will be a great d man "patience is a virtue".

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

We might as well throw in a back of pucks and some Garden water. Maybe that will sweeten the deal. Look If the Bruins are looking for help on Defense the best deal they could make is with Nashville. Try to get either Suter or Weber. Nashville wont be able to afford both after they signed Rinne. So go after one of those guys.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I just can't see Selanne waiving his no-trade for Boston, unless he really wants to leave with another ring. Can't see him retiring anywhere other than Anaheim, or in my fantasy-world, Winnipeg.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Darrenryan, what did you have for breakfast?

Whatever it was, it is affecting your mind.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

Why would Boston trade for Fowler? You guys have heard of Dougie Hamilton, right?

I'm not so sure Selanne wouldn't accept a deal to Boston. He's been rumored to be on his way here for a few years.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Another star player (yes, this one is near the end, I get it) coming in for a package involving Zach Hamill.

That makes Hamill/Star trade proposal number 743 and counting.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

If you're going to propose trades, have a little knowledge about the people in the deal.

Selanne won't play anywhere but Anaheim.

And to the person who suggested Fowler:  Get a grip.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Madness...for several reasons...most of them mentioned above...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

if were talking about deadline deals, how about gonchar and alfy from ottawa. wouldn't have to give much up. Last year i would have said gonchar is washed up but hes doing pretty well this year. an even plus minus in ottawa with 19 points? wouldn't be a bad rental, as long as you don't go giving up a 1st, 2nd, and prospect for him 

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I'm going to do something I almost never do - cut some slack.  This may be a low probability deal because it would clearly depend on Selanne being willing to move, and wanting to play on a contender, and on the Ducks wanting to sign Boychuk.  Anaheim would be a good opportunity for Hamill because they need depth forwards.  Beauchemin thrived in Anahiem when playing with Pronger and Niedermeyer - playing with Z might bring back the mojo.  The first round pick will be #30 - not a huge risk.  It's...reasonably well thought out just because the only way I see Selanne moving is to take a final kick at the Cup, and Boston can offer that.  And this price isn't overly steep - especially with Boychuk a pending UFA.  Miss him?  Sign him back in July.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4neely8. Show orr4neely8's posts

Forget about yesterday jibber jabber that i talked about on this thread. I am even  more complacent with Bruins team we just beat the Habs. Lucic sat out and now will be more ready for the next gm.

Interesting thought from Paulicia getting suter for a rental yes. Only problem is what if the salary cap is less next year.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuck55. Show chuck55's posts

In Response to Re: Deadline Deal.... Ana - Bos:
    [QUOTE]We might as well throw in a back of pucks and some Garden water. Maybe that will sweeten the deal. Look If the Bruins are looking for help on Defense the best deal they could make is with Nashville. Try to get either Suter or Weber. Nashville wont be able to afford both after they signed Rinne. So go after one of those guys.
    Posted by PAULICAS1975[/QUOTE]

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuck55. Show chuck55's posts

Couldnt agree more bookboy- I live here in Nashville and they are not going to be able to sign both. They are a goal starved team. Problem is we do not have an abindance of goal scorers to trade

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mb30. Show mb30's posts

In Response to Re: Deadline Deal.... Ana - Bos:
    [QUOTE]If you're going to propose trades, have a little knowledge about the people in the deal. Selanne won't play anywhere but Anaheim. And to the person who suggested Fowler:  Get a grip.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

I did not say we would be able to get Fowler, I was only making a point if you were to go after any Ana D guy and be giving up a prospect and a first round pick, you better be getting Fowler.  It's not going to happen as he is their future on the blueline.  I'm just merely day dreaming about the prospect of him on our blue line..