Deal with it!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Deal with it!

The B's picked #2 overall and got what looks to be a pretty darn good hockey player.

Then they won the Stanley Cup.

Then they get to keep every good player they wanted, with only Marchand needing a contract.

Then they picked #9 overall.

Then they watch as other teams load up on heavy contracts instead of heavy skill.

And then they end up $11,000,000 under the cap, with an embarrassment of great players under great contracts?

Boys, life is gooooooooood!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Deal with it!

Nas, I voted #1 because I truly think that all signs point to Boston having a real chance to repeat. As you've stated, they've got most of the winning team locked in already so there's no reason to think they shouldn't be even better this year. The nucleus of forwards on this team is still years away from when they should statistically peak. They've got the best goaltending and the best shutdown D-man on the planet. Life is good right now. Problems are for teams that aren't called the Bruins!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Absolutely right.  This is a Renaissance period for the Bruins and some people won't realize it until it is over.  It's unprecedented.  This team could not be in a better spot.  I'm lovin' it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

A very positive post, NAS...

No cynicism, just optimism...

Looks good on ya...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

So true, dont go overpaying for middle tier talent like the rest of the league, use that cap space at the trade deadline or to your good players in the future. I would like to see them sign Kaberle though I am afraid what the price may be.after what i've seen today..i truly beleive a full camp and season and fans will see what a good player he is...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

Right now life is so sweet for the Bruins and their fans.   Sit back and enjoy!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Deal with it!:
    [QUOTE]So true, dont go overpaying for middle tier talent like the rest of the league, use that cap space at the trade deadline or to your good players in the future. I would like to see them sign Kaberle though I am afraid what the price may be.after what i've seen today..i truly beleive a full camp and season and fans will see what a good player he is...
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]
    I truly feel the same way about him Kel. A 3 year deal 4m/year or less wouldn't bother me a bit.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

hey, it's freakin true.

Tell me of another team that's in better shape - and I'll tell you - you are dreaming.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

While the love is for sure flowing pretty freely around here these days, #3 is a bit strong.  Could ya have just toned it down just a little to make it a fair poll? 
    All good in Bruinland today.  Just imagine what they can accomplish at the trade deadline with that much cap space.  No rental will be out of play if PC thinks they will help the playoff run.  Deadline day could be a lot of fun for us. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

not even "ridingwiththeking" can put a bad spin on that....he will try though

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Never been better! NAS

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

I'm just glad that they weren't involved in signing a ridiculous contract yesterday. And yes being a Bruin fan is fantastic these days. Think about where the team was at before PC took over and where they're at now.

On a side note I have a sneaking suspicion on who voted #3. Once would have been sufficient.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Nice post. I voted #1. NAS, I love everyone :)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mac221. Show mac221's posts

In Response to Deal with it!:
    [QUOTE] ... And then they end up $11,000,000 under the cap, with an embarrassment of great players under great contracts? Boys, life is gooooooooood!
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Totally agree.  Plenty of talent and plenty of room -- a great spot to be in. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

I like the euphoria, which is richly deserved, although it was real slow in coming. Being somewhat more realistic, I tend to focus on what needs to be done to continue to see consistent positive results. Rask needs to play more frequently; the 4th line needs to be converted to better skills on the right side [ Pouiliot?]; Defense needs some important help to overcome Boychuck's mental lapses; Seguin on either the 3rd or 2nd line needs to be developed [ which coach has that skill?]; a solid sniper would round out the forwards [ Sauve, Arneil, acquisition]. Looking forward to some entertaining months.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cashman72. Show Cashman72's posts

Scooter, you hit the nail on the head. Trade deadline day will be the most interesting for the B's. Going with youth to start the season is the way to go. Pouliott should be fighting for his career so you never know what'll happen there. It's all good. Still basking in the glow of a cup win!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]I'm just glad that they weren't involved in signing a ridiculous contract yesterday. And yes being a Bruin fan is fantastic these days. Think about where the team was at before PC took over and where they're at now. On a side note I have a sneaking suspicion on who voted #3. Once would have been sufficient.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

That about sums up my view.  Not a good market to bid on FA.  Ryder at 3.5 million? (playoff performer who is still overpaid), even Souray got a contract, yikes! An now I here the Flames are interested in Richards surely a cap "64 million dollar question" mark.  PC is looking good right now, if he continues to handle the monetary aspects as witnessed the past two years then Bs will excel.  There were needs in a defenseman, and goalie.  Those needs were partially addressed. It is a wait and see on Kaberle etc.  The Pouliot was a low risk signing, a back up for the Caron experiment next year.  Options will present themselves in the regular season no doubt. 

Lastly, what is it with the choices on the question?  ILH has the best answer!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

[QUOTE]A very positive post, NAS... No cynicism, just optimism... Looks good on ya...
    Posted by mannyortez3424[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing nas stepped away from his computer and his good twin, named Got-a-Shot, finally had a chance for his first post.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]I'm just glad that they weren't involved in signing a ridiculous contract yesterday. And yes being a Bruin fan is fantastic these days. Think about where the team was at before PC took over and where they're at now. On a side note I have a sneaking suspicion on who voted #3. Once would have been sufficient.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

It wasn't me!  I voted #1.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Deal with it! : It wasn't me!  I voted #1.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Actually I didn't have you in mind. One of your boys . 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wil39. Show wil39's posts

Very good and very true post. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

I have to pinch myself every so often, to remind myself that this isn't a dream. My Wife and Daughter  have video of me going absolutely bonkers watching the last 3 minutes of game 7. I was in a total state of euphoria , watching our Bruins parade the Stanley Cup around......well let's just say..I can now die in peace LOL. I'm still glowing, and will for a long time. PC is setting us up for future success as well........aaaaaahhhhh these are the good times. THE  BOSTON BRUINS your 2010 2011 Stanley Cup Champs    that has a beautiful ring to it ...doesn't itCool

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

This board is about to break into singing f***ing Kumbaya together, and perhaps that is the best indicator of all.

The only possible thing to argue about is the approximate value of our 4th line winger.

The Bruins really need lose some games and f**k something up to make this board more interesting.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]This board is about to break into singing f***ing Kumbaya together, and perhaps that is the best indicator of all. The only possible thing to argue about is the approximate value of our 4th line winger. The Bruins really need lose some games and f**k something up to make this board more interesting.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Yeah, good one, Fletch.  With the club's situation so enviable, its caused those who consistently believed Chiarelli was in over his head as GM to be forced to lurk in the shadows until the moment when exactly what you said may happen.  My guess is it will be signing/not signing Kaberle.  Ryder's departure seemed to be more of a love-in than when he played for the Bruins.