Deal with it!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from samsonov. Show samsonov's posts

Re: Deal with it!

NAS+++++++  Perfect!!!!
    Now if you can just get KPD to say that! LOL

In Response to Deal with it!:
    [QUOTE]The B's picked #2 overall and got what looks to be a pretty darn good hockey player. Then they won the Stanley Cup. Then they get to keep every good player they wanted, with only Marchand needing a contract. Then they picked #9 overall. Then they watch as other teams load up on heavy contracts instead of heavy skill. And then they end up $11,000,000 under the cap, with an embarrassment of great players under great contracts? Boys, life is gooooooooood!
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

In Response to Re: Deal with it!:
    [QUOTE]This board is about to break into singing f***ing Kumbaya together, and perhaps that is the best indicator of all. The only possible thing to argue about is the approximate value of our 4th line winger. The Bruins really need lose some games and f**k something up to make this board more interesting.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Don't worry.  If they start off playing .500 hockey in October when they have so many games at home to start the season, there will be lots of interesting posts.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

stanley cup
    plus no need to salary dump
    plus having people tied to long term contracts
    plus this team has good young players for several years to come
    plus a young goalie waiting in the wings for your vezina winner

even Bruins81 is toning it down about Kessel, altho that love affair continues, plus it's a simple case of Bruins81 not being able to evaluate stats beyond total number of goals scored. 

cactus keeps polluting the board with a zillion threads with titles like Bruins should trade Chara for Komiserak or Bruins should trade TT Seguin and Spooner for Luongo, but thankfully less and less are responding to him.

other wise, despite not having much controversy, discussions have been of reasonably high quality.  Best reading to be found on this board of all time as far as I' concerned.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

I voted #1, it is truly good times right now. My only concern is locking up a 6th defenseman weather it is Kaberle at a reasonable price or looking somewhere else for one. There are not very many other options left unless they plan on giving Kampfer a shot at it. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wesman. Show wesman's posts

Well said by all.  Was away for almost a month so I missed the key games (6 & 7) on my usual TV and no access to "the blogs" from that point on--out of the loop, disconnected, whatever you want to call it.  This all feels even more surreal for me...and maybe incomplete--as if there's still one more series to play (maybe a super Russian squad, who the B's need to vanquish in order to REALLY win the cup?).  The cups pictures?  Nice, but I almost feel they could be doctored like UFO photos.  Think I need to touch that sucker with Big Z holding it so it can finally sink in.

Like Fletch said, as long as we're not talking about a certain 4th line winger, all is good.  Heck, all is GREAT.  The mood SHOULD be lightened...let's enjoy it while we can.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I voted #4 "Everyone still walks away from NAS in the playground cause he smells" anyone else want to change their vote ?

LoL!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]I voted #4 "Everyone still walks away from NAS in the playground cause he smells" anyone else want to change their vote ? LoL!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Disagree.  I haven't gotten close enough to smell, but I hear its cooties that he's got.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

After looking at these FA numbers, the Bruins and others who stayed pat are the brightest of the bunch.

Just ludicrous as to what is going on.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]After looking at these FA numbers, the Bruins and others who stayed pat are the brightest of the bunch. Just ludicrous as to what is going on.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

...and can you imagine if the cap comes down with the next CBA?  Some of these idiotic signings will be even bigger pieces of the pie.  Some of these GMs seem like they can't get out of their own way.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

agree totally nas!!!

great time to be a bruins fan!
    in the back of my mind im hoping the marchand contract will get settled.

with kaberle i have will admit that i was very down on him during the playoffs and he proved me wrong and willing to admit it. i am just struggling with the thought of this team moving forward with tomas. looking at the list of present ufa dmen left, if it comes to the money dez suggested earlier 3years times 4 million there is atleast 4 other defensemen that would cost less that i would rather see(ian white,brent sopel,brian mcCabe and scott hannan)

truth be told i would like to see them just promote from within the system and give the best of the young defensemen a chance at the 6th spot. kamper showed signs of nhl caliber talent or whoever plays the best going into next year in camp. keep the money u talked about and deal from strength when the trade deadline comes or if things don't go well before that with the d-core go make a deal at anytime- no-one will be off limits as far as salary goes.

if the bruins management does decide to sign kaberle then i will trust in them because with last years run they have bought alot of leeway with the fanbase and they know what's best for the team going forward.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]agree totally nas!!! great time to be a bruins fan! in the back of my mind im hoping the marchand contract will get settled.  with kaberle i have will admit that i was very down on him during the playoffs and he proved me wrong and willing to admit it. i am just struggling with the thought of this team moving forward with tomas. looking at the list of present ufa dmen left, if it comes to the money dez suggested earlier 3years times 4 million there is atleast 4 other defensemen that would cost less that i would rather see(ian white,brent sopel,brian mcCabe and scott hannan) truth be told i would like to see them just promote from within the system and give the best of the young defensemen a chance at the 6th spot. kamper showed signs of nhl caliber talent or whoever plays the best going into next year in camp. keep the money u talked about and deal from strength when the trade deadline comes or if things don't go well before that with the d-core go make a deal at anytime- no-one will be off limits as far as salary goes. if the bruins management does decide to sign kaberle then i will trust in them because with last years run they have bought alot of leeway with the fanbase and they know what's best for the team going forward.
    Posted by LoyalBlackNGold[/QUOTE]
    Loyal, after seeing the way the cash is being thrown around, I'm not sure Kaberle or any of the guys you've listed will make less than 4.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

I'd vote number one here too. I think the Bruins, for the time being are in fantastic shape. For this reason and for only the next couple of years. Chia did an amazing job signing the core (we all know who that is), but that restricted free agent group is going to get market contracts eventually. So I hope Chia uses this short-term plan:
    1. Keep the core together.
    2. Dont make a crazy signing in FA.
    3. Keep as much cap room as you can (8-10 mill) for as many years as you can.
    4. Use that cap ONLY to get the best players you can on expiring contracts at the trade deadline for a playoff push.
    5. Rinse and repeat as long as you can.

LETS GO BRUINS!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davidorr. Show Davidorr's posts

# 1 definitely,  Nas. I've watched the entire seventh game three times since their victory. That was my Father's Day present, they all had to let me watch the seventh game with no complaining.

I'm not a fan of resigning Kaberle. Allegedly Yandle is on the block because of his contract and the Yotes shaky ownership. Anyone care to guess what it would take to get him in trade and how much?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Deal with it! : Loyal, after seeing the way the cash is being thrown around, I'm not sure Kaberle or any of the guys you've listed will make less than 4.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

im not disagreeing with u dez. each of the guys i listed i personally think would be better fit on the 2011 - 2012 bruins.using the numbers u talked about in a earlier post(3years 4 million) i just dont want the bruins giving kaberle that money he is to soft and slow. then add the demands of the defense the bruins play its round peg square hole. i just dont see tomas logging more then 12 minutes 5 of which are on the power play so those minutes make him at best a 6th dman on this bruins roster, 12 million over years is way to much for a 6th defensman. i know the contracts that are being given out are outrageous but since my last post ian white signed a reasonable 2 years for 5.75 with Detroit.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Deal with it! : im not disagreeing with u dez. each of the guys i listed i personally think would be better fit on the 2011 - 2012 bruins.using the numbers u talked about in a earlier post(3years 4 million) i just dont want the bruins giving kaberle that money he is to soft and slow. then add the demands of the defense the bruins play its round peg square hole. i just dont see tomas logging more then 12 minutes 5 of which are on the power play so those minutes make him at best a 6th dman on this bruins roster, 12 million over years is way to much for a 6th defensman. i know the contracts that are being given out are outrageous but since my last post ian white signed a reasonable 2 years for 5.75 with Detroit.
    Posted by LoyalBlackNGold[/QUOTE]
    The Wings signing White is one of the few reasonable deals I've seen in the past 3 days. Regarding Kaberle, I think a full camp in Boston would make a world of difference but I, like yourself, don't want to see Boston overpay for anyone. I have full faith in PC making the right moves going forward.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Al-Samarraie. Show Al-Samarraie's posts

What you guys think of Valabik being let go to PIT?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Short but sweet summary. Some of us have waited a long time for this... enjoy!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]What you guys think of Valabik being let go to PIT?
    Posted by Al-Samarraie[/QUOTE]

I think you can see him for cheap money at your local AHL rink.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Al-Samarraie. Show Al-Samarraie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Deal with it! : I think you can see him for cheap money at your local AHL rink.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Yea, from what I gathered, he didn't really impress during his time with Providence. I guess it's easy to get excited about a D-man of that size. I like what we've got coming through the ranks though.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I'm a little late on this one but been saying this since the draft to all the Bruin fans I know the minute they questioned anything the Bruins did, do and will be doing.
    Good post !
    (bookmarked)