Decisions, decisions

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Decisions, decisions

So my pub is giving away a different vinatge jersey at the end of each round. It started with the first round. Every beer you buy you get an entry, at the end of each round they draw one name, and you have to be there to win, and you pick a jersey. They'll draw for two at the Cup Final. Since you get a ticket for each beer bought, and you have to know you'll be there, I have about a quarter of the overall entries (well maybe not that many but I know I have a lot). They started with a Hawerchuk Jets jersey, a Linden Canucks, a Beliveau Habs, a Howe Red Wings, and an Orr Bruins jersey (1970 style).

The Howe and Beliveau are now gone leaving Linden, Ducky and Orr. So if I happen to win a draw I'm left with a conundrum. We all know I won't pick Linden (surprised that's not gone yet).

I feel wrong not picking Orr if it happens - it's a wicked jersey... but I have an Orr jersey already. The Hawerchuk one is awesome and I no longer have my old Hawerchuk jersey.

So my question, would it be morally wrong, if I win, to not pick Orr during the middle of a Bruins playoff run, or is it ok since I already have my Bobby jersey?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: Decisions, decisions

It is morally wrong not to choose Orr under any circumstances.

Perhaps it would look good on your wife?  And perhaps she could then be convinced to buy you a Hawerchuk?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to red75's comment:

So my pub is giving away a different vinatge jersey at the end of each round. It started with the first round. Every beer you buy you get an entry, at the end of each round they draw one name, and you have to be there to win, and you pick a jersey. They'll draw for two at the Cup Final. Since you get a ticket for each beer bought, and you have to know you'll be there, I have about a quarter of the overall entries (well maybe not that many but I know I have a lot). They started with a Hawerchuk Jets jersey, a Linden Canucks, a Beliveau Habs, a Howe Red Wings, and an Orr Bruins jersey (1970 style).

The Howe and Beliveau are now gone leavuing Linden, Ducky and Orr. So if I happen to win a draw I'm left with a conundrum. We all know I won't pick Linden (su4rprised that's not gone yet).

I feel wrong not picking Orr if it happens - it's a wicked jersey... but I have an Orr jersey already. The Hawerchuk one is awesome and I no longer have my old Hawerchuk jersey.

So my question, would it be morally wrong, if I win, to not pick Orr during the middle of a Bruins playoff run, or is it ok since I already have my Bobby jersey?

Pick the Orr jersey and if you win you can send it to your pal in Denver...

I'll even replace your fishing pole and 6-pack in return.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I have never had the star player jerseys.  I wouldn't pick the Orr jersey.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I'm surprised the Orr is still there. I have 2 Orr Jersey's, but none are from the 1970 season. You pick Orr & I'll buy it from you. You'll have enuff to buy a Hawerchuk.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

I'm surprised the Orr is still there. I have 2 Orr Jersey's, but none are from the 1970 season. You pick Orr & I'll buy it from you. You'll have enuff to buy a Hawerchuk.

It's a bar in Vancouver and it's a Bruins jersey - I think the only reason no one has lit it on fire yet is that it's Orr.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

It's a bar in Vancouver and it's a Bruins jersey - I think the only reason no one has lit it on fire yet is that it's Orr.

And Linden's jersey is still available? Either every Nuck fan already owns one or Trevor isn't held in such hight regard in Van as Nuck management thinks. After all, compared to the other jersey's available on that list, his would be the last i took as well.Actually i'd likely leave it at the bar and let them have a free draw.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Well I know the first two winners - one has more Canucks jerseys than he knows what to do with, the other's a Habs fan. 

BTW,  I like Book's idea - Orr's the one Bruins sweater she'd wear.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gaaucoin. Show gaaucoin's posts

The Howe and Beliveau are now gone leaving Linden, Ducky and Orr. So if I happen to win a draw I'm left with a conundrum. We all know I won't pick Linden (surprised that's not gone yet).

I'd be all over the Orr sweater like dog pee on a fire plug...but you already have one...Beliveau and Howe (Gentleman Jean and Mr. Hockey) would have been very tough to turn down, but I'd have grabbed #4.  Since you already have one, I say go for Hawerchuk...just saying.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Well I know the first two winners - one has more Canucks jerseys than he knows what to do with, the other's a Habs fan. 

BTW,  I like Book's idea - Orr's the one Bruins sweater she'd wear.

www.solutionsbybookboy.com

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Wrong link, Book.

It's:  www.bookboy-solves-everything.com

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Yeah, I started the firm when I was a lot younger...rotfl.

Too bad more people didn't see that.  Applying cold water to burn.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Whoops, Mea Culpa...I thought the Headline was asking which sports game(s) to watch tomorrow night ?

Pity me !!! I need find a mammoth sports bar with umpteem TVs as I principally will concentrate on the Bruins and look over at the Sox vs Yankees and then hopefully the Pacers beating the Heat. But living SF area the last 40 years, I'm a Giant & A's fan too. Whew, kinda lucky the Sharks got knocked out but especially hated it was an LA team as I hate the Lakers !

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

Take the Hawerchuk jersey.

Let some other Bruin fan get the Orr. Would be best if you were to wear your Orr jersey while selecting Howerchuk, not that you'd need to prove that you're a Bruins fan

I'm sure you glow Black and Gold

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

"Decisions, decisions.  Oh, Payday!"

Name it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Red, easy decision !  Just do it without thought as you have rationalized the conundrum enough to say you have considered all the factors.  Emotion is rather immersed in rational thought when one thinks of person's like yourself.  I don't own an Orr jersey so it would be Orr if I was to choose.  

Parenthetically, I am so tired of hearing how good the Pens are as a hockey team.  Rask in goal is the key to the Bs success.  I like those chances.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

You already have an Orr jersey....why wouldn't you pick Hawerchuk (unless you believe that somehow, your pick would effect the Bruins playoff fortunes, which is ridiculous).

It's not like you're picking a guy who was a) on a rival team or b) a total a**hat.

Hawerchuk. Definitely.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I had an interesting experience after the game last night. I watched the game at my pub last night, partly to spare the wife my craziness.

The Ducky jersey went at the end of the third round to an acquaintance of mine, who didn't actually want the jersey (and it wouldn't fit him) he grabbed it to try an extort me (nice guy, eh?)

Our mutual friends have been guilting him into giving it to me ever since (we'll see how that pans out).
    So anywhose, since the Jets jersey was gone, and I have multiple Bruins sweaters, I told a friend, a sweet woman who is recovering from a traumatic brain injury after she was hit by a hit and run driver last year, that if I won the next draw I'd get her the Canucks sweater (she is a Canucks fan, but can't really justifyy the expense of a new sweater.).

So there I am after the Bruins lose last night, in my Boston gear and suffering the slings and arrows from everyone else in the pub, and they do the draw and pull my name. So I get up and surprise the hell out of everyone by grabbing the Canucks jersey, and walk straight over to my friend and give it to her.
    Kind of a nice moment and I lived up to my word.

Then I sit down and they draw my name again - I drink a lot of beer there ;). When I get the jersey I look at it, and realize when they said it was a 70 they were wrong, it's a 73-74 sweater with the 50th anniversary crest on it which I'd never seen up close before. So, as I write this I'm sitting at my desk in my new 73-74 50th Bruins anniversary Bobby Orr sweater.

Even better, after seeing my gesture to my friend , all of mine and my extorter's mutual friends are harping on him to just give me the Jets sweater already, which has just been sitting in his trunk since he won it.

Yeah, the Bruins lost, but it was still a very cool and memorable night

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Congrats Red!  Thats a great way to end the night!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Thanks Davey - a great end to a disappointing night.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

And this is what the shoulder patch looks like - it's on both shoulders. Neat to have a Bruins logo I didn't have before.

http://thumbs3.ebaystatic.com/m/mbWfnC6iIHJ5yNpuxbubUlA/140.jpg