Deeper look into the Atlanta Trade

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmakowski. Show bmakowski's posts

Deeper look into the Atlanta Trade

The general consensus is that Peverly is a good acquisition, but I'm not sold on the d-man Valabik.

He's a 1st round pick who's spent 5 years bouncing around the minors, only has 9 points for Atlanta's AHL team this year, AND he'll be an UFA at the end of the season.  Might as well have gotten a bag of pucks instead.  I would have liked to see us get a draft pick instead, seeing that we've dealt so many.

Is this the best we could have gotten from the Thrashers?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Re: Deeper look into the Atlanta Trade

The Eastern Bloc behemoth is a throw in.  It's really not relevant.  On paper, Atlanta wins the deal, but it fit what Chia wanted and that is cost cutting.

And a guy who can score 14 goals from the Center spot, might be worth more to Boston on the Wing, with someone like Bergeron feeding him.

Good, low risk deal for both sides.

I still feel some of his overpayments on the roster forced him to go low brow at the WIng addition here.  We'll see.

Maybe Peverley clicks on the 2nd line. Someone else has to score those goals that we get from Lucic and Marchancd, because Ryder and Horton don't really do it against elite competition.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmakowski. Show bmakowski's posts

I definitely think Peverly will click somewhere.  If he steps up, Ryder could be the odd man out, potentially making him expendable.  But he wouldn't be very enticing trade bait.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Valabik is only 25 ...this is young for a D ...dont count him out ...he could become another Zdeno within the next 2 years

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmakowski. Show bmakowski's posts

In Response to Re: Deeper look into the Atlanta Trade:
    [QUOTE]Valabik is only 25 ...this is young for a D ...dont count him out ...he could become another Zdeno within the next 2 years Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]

I would agree with you if he wasn't an UFA at the end of the season.  He might end not being of zero value to us if he moves to another organization this summer.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

Peverley will be a useful player for the b's for years to come....  Wheeler's career has stagnated ever since the first half of his rookie year.... 

still don't know why Stuart was shown the door....  would've preferred if the older and more expensive Ference had been moved instead....

PC must've set a record for dealing the most former first-rounders ever in a single day....   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from iambunty. Show iambunty's posts

I am a big critic of ference but he Defensive play has been ok this year...I mean he is +18. Not alot of offense but hes valuable to the play of the team right now. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

Valabik has been waived twice this year and not one GM was willing to take that contract for nothing.  He is a money dump Atlanta did not want to pay his $762500 to play in the AHL.  He is now the most expensive player on Providence and I would bet he will be playing in Europe next year and will never to be heard from again.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Once again.....

Valabik is a "throw in" who will be in the AHL for the year providing the Bruins D do not pull a "Vancouver" on us.

He is an RFA not a UFA at the end of the year at which time PC can decide if he is worth keeping or not.....

That is all...