depth on this team = no moves

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins6. Show Bruins6's posts

depth on this team = no moves

I think with the return of Stuart and Lucic, it will leave Paille and Mcquaid as scratches. I think we have the depth not go out and trade picks and young players for the short term
    If ever we had other injuries a Caron and Cohen could also help out , so I think we should swim or sink with this roster and not go after this puck moving d-man that comes up all the time.
    Kampfer has been great and I really think Boychuk should get more chances on the second pp unit
    There are people mentioning that Stuart should be dealt and I would be dead against it also

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: depth on this team = no moves

Bruins6,

If this team wants to make a serious run at the cup we need to upgrade.  We have 2 1st round picks and 2 2nd rounders.  The draft is supposed to be weak after the 1st half.  I would have no issue dealing our number 1 and possibly Wheeler or Ryder if it brought us a quality player. 
    Most of the guys on the market have contracts that would require sending someone the other way.

I like Dumont and Regehr. 

But sure we can hold onto everyone and make a run at the cup in a few yrs...but Chara will be that much older.  TT will be that much older.  I say go for it all this year.  This team will not make it to the semis as is.  I am tickled pink by our little streak.  But lets call a spade a spade.  No Pronger in Philly and they will be active at the deadline.  And No sid in Pitt and they also will be active. 
    As will Washington and likely TBay who both have cap space. 

I say we add two pieces and make a run for the cup this year.  For starters our top 4 dmen need an upgrade.  Look what Philly did last year.,  They are even better this year with Mez/Odie as their last parining.  And Pitts top 4 are fantastic as well. 

Add a top 4 dman and a pure scorer like Dumont and our chances improve a lot and we likely don't destroy the core of the team at all. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

If Chiarelli thinks he can survive with Siedenberg on the point for the PP then he should resign. Boston would be potent with a better PP quarterback.

This draft is not deep this year either so Shup is right those draft picks were accumulated for a reason to help get good talent now. I'm not saying get rid of all four picks but use some of them for some players that could put this team over the top.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from north1234. Show north1234's posts

like i said last week...let this team play offense and see where the chips fall...lot of offensive players playing to defensive...17 goals last three games...proves my point..case closed...hats off to julien he must have given these guys the green light because they are flying in the offensive zone....and really are full of energy...thats what happens when you let offensive guys go...kids in a candy store

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

The sudden offense this team has generated lately should not fool anyone, we lack a reliable finisher on the wing.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigNickster. Show BigNickster's posts

What about trading this years coming up picks for next years picks
    Example:
    Keep the Toronto pick no question
    Trade away a low draft pick to take on a seasoned D or scoring Forward to a team tha is desperate where they might give back there next years draft pick ( same round or one higher )

Bruins look like they presentyly are pretty deep with prospects, AHL etc...

This year we have Kampfer and Marchand looking pretty good
    and look what we have in Providence ( too bad the Baby Bruins are so bad this year plus there are other prospects spread around )

Go Bruins Go

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I am in complete agreement with you Bruins6, this team is excellent and deep.  I really hope for no moves.  An elite puck mover would be nice and all but it would mean dumping some salary, if there is even one available, which there is not.  Bringing in a second-rate offensive defensman is pointless.  Kampfer is good, Seidenberg and Boychuck are decent, and Chara's historic point totals suggest he is a high-end offensive threat.  There are ups and downs in offense, but the bottom line is that right now statistics indicate that we are tops in defense and in the upper third in offence.  That is plenty good to be a contender.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins6. Show Bruins6's posts

I see your points shuperman and Sand Dog and a Wisnewski for a secound rounder type deal would have helped for sure
    I dont believe Dumont or Regher type players would be needed though for picks
    I wouldn't trade a first rounder for Kaberle also because if you draft well then you dont need to overspend in free agency
    This team is far from perfect but if they play consistent hockey over 60 minutes will be a team to contend with

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Bruins are 7-2 vs. Washington, Philly, and Pittsburgh this year. Pretty sure this means they will win the season series against these three (combined) and no worse than tie each of them individually over four contests.  They're 23-9-5 in the conference, and would be even better if they'd stop losing to the freakin' habs - only team in the east to have their number.  They need to get better vs. the West having won only the second game of the year vs. a Western team, but really, that won't matter much come playoffs.  They only have to be better against one Western team then....

You can always get better, sure.  But...Dumont?  He has 11 points in 43 games.  Four goals.  No.  If the Bruins are going to get a boost, they need to find an off the radar guy who could thrive in the right circumstances - one of those lightning in a bottle deals.  I doubt you'd see this particular deal, but something like bringing in Boyes and seeing if he and Bergeron can find that old chemistry (10-15-25 for Boyes this year with $4M on the books for next year).  It's a version of the "change of scenery deal, but one where you're picking the guy based on some knowledge of what it took for him to succeed in the past.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

To initiate a change means that you need to upgrade your team. At the moment, there are few upgrades necessary. Lucic will be back to replace... WHO?? should it be Paille [automatic] or would it be better to replace Thornton and leave the other lines as is ? On defense ,when Stuart comes back, should it be McQuaid who has been very steady ? { does he have to pass waivers?] or should they work a trade for Boychuck?? and rely on Bartkowski for 7th defense??  Horton hasn't scored, but he is showing a lot of speed and effort; Ryder is still a flake, but he does score; Wheels is playing much more forcefully, and Seguin has helped that line. REX has lost his speed, but his smarts is still there, and Bergie obviously likes his play. Any comments??

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Thinking this team needs to upgrade for a serious cup run is foolish.  Thinking it doesn't, is also foolish.  Thinking anything can be done to guarantee the top prize is foolish.  It depends on what opportunities arise, and that will become much clearer in about a month.
    What is fairly clear, is that the players most want to dangle here(Savard, Wheeler, Ryder, Recchi), individually, will bring little in return, unless packaged with players we don't want to see go.  Dealing that TO draft pick, could easily work out to being as bad a deal for us, as it was for Burke.
    This is "hurry up and wait" season.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: depth on this team = no moves:
    [QUOTE]Thinking this team needs to upgrade for a serious cup run is foolish.  Thinking it doesn't, is also foolish.  Thinking anything can be done to guarantee the top prize is foolish.  It depends on what opportunities arise, and that will become much clearer in about a month. What is fairly clear, is that the players most want to dangle here(Savard, Wheeler, Ryder, Recchi), individually, will bring little in return, unless packaged with players we don't want to see go.  Dealing that TO draft pick, could easily work out to being as bad a deal for us, as it was for Burke. This is "hurry up and wait" season.
    Posted by stevegm[/QUOTE]
    Theer is no way dealing the Leaf pick could work out as bad for us as it did for Burke.On the one hand,I'm opposed to trading the pick but on the other hand,if the right offer comes,I have no problem with PC dealing the pick for a serious upgrade now.We all want a chance to win now and the farm is reasonably well stocked already.