Detroit in talks with the Flames for Bouwmeester,

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Detroit in talks with the Flames for Bouwmeester,

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=402732

"According to MLive.com's Brendan Savage, the Red Wings - who lost the services of Brad Stuart and now-retired blueliner Nicklas Lidstrom - are looking at the trade route because no top defencemen remain available through free agency."

Does this leave a hole on the blueline for the Flames ? or maybe Calgary is going to make a run at Ryan after they unload Bouwmeester ?

Does Detroit have to give up one of their good vet forwards to get Bouwmeester ? Red Wings back in business on the blueline if they do complete the trade ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Detroit in talks with the Flames for Bouwmeester,

He would be a nice pickup for Detroit.  Detroit would play a system that he would excel in and he would be a great puck moving dman to go with my boy toy Datsyuk.
    What fwd would Detroit have?  Makes a lot of sense for Detroit.  Philly also could use him. If they wanted Ryan they likely could use JBo for Ryan.  I think Calgary has a nice situation.  Lower cap hit and get potentially better. 
    Calgary can take their time on this.  But JBo definitely has some trade value. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: Detroit in talks with the Flames for Bouwmeester,:
    [QUOTE]He would be a nice pickup for Detroit.  Detroit would play a system that he would excel in and he would be a great puck moving dman to go with my boy toy Datsyuk. What fwd would Detroit have?  Makes a lot of sense for Detroit.  Philly also could use him. If they wanted Ryan they likely could use JBo for Ryan.  I think Calgary has a nice situation.  Lower cap hit and get potentially better.  Calgary can take their time on this.  But JBo definitely has some trade value. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Good defenseman who if he goes to Detroit will probably be the defenseman he was supposed to be.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Detroit in talks with the Flames for Bouwmeester, : Good defenseman who if he goes to Detroit will probably be the defenseman he was supposed to be.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Couldnt agree more.  Detroit is a puck possession team.  Detroit always finds guys like this.  Murphy is a bad example bc of his sloth like pace but he was a fantastic puck moving dman and played Detroits system perfectly.  JBo would slide under the radar and play excellent hockey for them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from juniorfalcon19. Show juniorfalcon19's posts

[QUOTE]He would be a nice pickup for Detroit.  Detroit would play a system that he would excel in and he would be a great puck moving dman to go with my boy toy Datsyuk. What fwd would Detroit have?  Makes a lot of sense for Detroit.  Philly also could use him. If they wanted Ryan they likely could use JBo for Ryan.  I think Calgary has a nice situation.  Lower cap hit and get potentially better.  Calgary can take their time on this.  But JBo definitely has some trade value. 
    why would anaheim want JBo? they are intersted in young talent down the middle not high paid d men.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Detroit in talks with the Flames for Bouwmeester, : why would anaheim want JBo? they are intersted in young talent down the middle not high paid d men.
    Posted by juniorfalcon19[/QUOTE]

BC they have been searching for dmen to replace Neids/Pronger since they left.  Anaheim by no means is rebuilding either....Selanne/Koivu didnt come back bc they are rebuilding.  Anaheim also has about 16M in cap space.  They may be looking for young talented centers but they arent throwing in the towel on the season either.

I suggested it as a way to avoid the middle man on what San pointed out. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Looks like he is going to Motown soon anyway.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Detroit in talks with the Flames for Bouwmeester, : BC they have been searching for dmen to replace Neids/Pronger since they left.  Anaheim by no means is rebuilding either....Selanne/Koivu didnt come back bc they are rebuilding.  Anaheim also has about 16M in cap space.  They may be looking for young talented centers but they arent throwing in the towel on the season either. I suggested it as a way to avoid the middle man on what San pointed out. 

Right, theyre looking to deal Ryan to help their team. If I were Calgary I'd look to Aneheim, since scoring always seems to be their problem.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Now that Detroit likes Bouwmeester, watch the opinion of him change.  He's been a whipping boy since arrival in Calgary.  But wait, Detroit wants him?  He's good.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Yup agreed NAS, even though he could resurect his career, the basic fact is "the swede" is no longer on the team.  Dreamweavers!  Welcome back to reality "hockey town".

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from juniorfalcon19. Show juniorfalcon19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Detroit in talks with the Flames for Bouwmeester, : BC they have been searching for dmen to replace Neids/Pronger since they left.  Anaheim by no means is rebuilding either....Selanne/Koivu didnt come back bc they are rebuilding.  Anaheim also has about 16M in cap space.  They may be looking for young talented centers but they arent throwing in the towel on the season either. I suggested it as a way to avoid the middle man on what San pointed out. 

okay, so ryan for JBO+ what because that's not nearly enough value

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Depends what you classify as value.  Is value a top 2 dman who plays over 25mins and plays all situations....vs a young power fwd who will notch 30 a year and has asked to be traded.  I am sure the offers for Ryan havent been overwhelming based on Nash.  I'd love to have JBo patrolling the blueline for the Bruins more so then I would Ryan playing wing if contracts werent an issue. 
    Ducks want NHL ready talent and have been searching for a solid dman for years...I love Bobby Ryan and have argued about the Bruins trading for him.  I put more value in a solid allstar cal dman over a pwr fwd.  Take Chara out of this lineup and we struggle to make the playoffs.  Take any fwd off our roster and we still are fine...
    Its not happening...but the Ducks have a funny way of always getting into trade talk.  Especially when rivals get involved. 
    But he Ducks want to challenge this year before they potentially lose all their big guns.  They arent a lottery team.  They have talent to do damage.  If Ryan is gonna get dealt it will most definitely include young talent and likely a top 4 dman.  Philly doesnt look like a match right now...possibly Buffalo who are stacked with 8 NHL ready dmen +. 

Who do you think Ryan is worth for the record.  I consider Ryan a stud talent and would love to throw DK and a pick/prospect for him.  I just dont think its enough.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Shupe,

juniorfalcon and heyoo are little kids who know next to nothing about the game.

No point in wasting your time explaining why 1+1=2.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

It appears that Detroit is so used to having a $6 million defenseman on the roster that they will pick one up even if it is the likes of J-Bo, the epitome of "overpriced" the last few seasons (Gomez notwithstanding). Holland may be better served to leave this one alone. Shupe does have a good counter-argument for this view, I must admit.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

I hope this happens because I don't like Detroit. The Wings failing to land Shultz or Suter made me happy, them getting stuck with Bouwmeester would be icing on the cake. He would likely dissappoint delusional Red Wing fans who would expect him to be the second coming of Lidstrom...

Philly's failures to aquire a D-man was pretty nice too....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]I hope this happens because I don't like Detroit. The Wings failing to land Shultz or Suter made me happy, them getting stuck with Bouwmeester would be icing on the cake. He would likely dissappoint delusional Red Wing fans who would expect him to be the second coming of Lidstrom... Philly's failures to aquire a D-man was pretty nice too....
    Posted by Bisson1[/QUOTE]

I think he'd thrive in Detroit. I dont think anybody would espect him to fill Lidstroms shoes. After being stuck in Florida and then Calgary I'm guessing he'll come close to being the type of d-man he was supposed to be in Florida. Detroit does a fantastic job of recognizing these guys and getting the most out of him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]I hope this happens because I don't like Detroit. The Wings failing to land Shultz or Suter made me happy, them getting stuck with Bouwmeester would be icing on the cake. He would likely dissappoint delusional Red Wing fans who would expect him to be the second coming of Lidstrom... Philly's failures to aquire a D-man was pretty nice too....
    Posted by Bisson1[/QUOTE]

I think you are wrong bisson.  I think JBo is exactly the type of player the redwings need.  He has never been a look at me type player...not in his makeup.  Stevie Y came and left and Detroit kept on ticking.  Lidstrom then carried the torch.  Datsyuk/Zetts own the car now and JBo's ability to skate, play positional hockey and move the puck will make him a standout in Detroit.  Too much pressure on his shoulders going home(Edmonton, close enough).  I can't think of a better fit for a player and team in the league...He doesnt have to be Lidstrom is the greatest thing about Detroit.  Egos are checked at the door.  I never here of any fighting within Detroit.  Its bc it is as solid a professional franchise as there is in sports. 
    Oh no.  Has JBo become my Souray?  It came outta no where...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Bouwmeester is the Corvo of that class of D-men.  It's hard to see him for what he really is because every once in a while, he puts up good numbers.  Watch him enough and you notice that he looks great right up until he has to make something happen.  Pressure will eat him alive.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

If Bouwmeester is a special player who will be the answer on defense for the Wings, then why did that not happen in Calgary?  He was to be the answer for the Flames as well a few years back.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]If Bouwmeester is a special player who will be the answer on defense for the Wings, then why did that not happen in Calgary?  He was to be the answer for the Flames as well a few years back.  
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]
    On the same note though Isla, why did Campbell look bad in Chicago yet played like a Norris candidate in Florida? Different teams and systems can do wonders for some players.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]Bouwmeester is the Corvo of that class of D-men.  It's hard to see him for what he really is because every once in a while, he puts up good numbers.  Watch him enough and you notice that he looks great right up until he has to make something happen.  Pressure will eat him alive.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

Love you.  But thats crazy talk comparing Corvo and JBo is like comparing Chara and Gill.  He has played on Olympic teams and and international stage numerous times. 
    You can teach hockey players many things.  What you cant teach them is to skate...he is a world class skater at 6'4 200+ lbs.  He can move a puck, jump in the play and is steady in his own end. 
    JBo has never in his hockey career been on a team with a winning atmosphere...ever!  He goes to MoTown and he will excel.  JBo wanted to go home and we have seen numerous times that the pressure that goes with it sometimes doesnt mix well. 
    Detroit has a history of taking underdog players and polishing them off and finding gold.  If JBo goes to Detroit he will be an excellent find.  Overpaid?  Yes...but Joe Corvo?  Cmon man...you are gifted in terms of hockey knowledge. I can appreciate what he does bc he makes it look effortless.  I can only wish I could skate and move like he can and be able to put up 20+ pts a year. 

Imagine if Seids was never given a chance to prove his worth.  Seids wasnt in the same conversation as JBo a few yrs ago.  Imagine JBo on the best coached team in hockey with a proven atmosphere of winning...I hope it happens bc we have a new thread all year now.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from juniorfalcon19. Show juniorfalcon19's posts

[QUOTE]Depends what you classify as value.  Is value a top 2 dman who plays over 25mins and plays all situations....vs a young power fwd who will notch 30 a year and has asked to be traded.  I am sure the offers for Ryan havent been overwhelming based on Nash.  I'd love to have JBo patrolling the blueline for the Bruins more so then I would Ryan playing wing if contracts werent an issue.  Ducks want NHL ready talent and have been searching for a solid dman for years...I love Bobby Ryan and have argued about the Bruins trading for him.  I put more value in a solid allstar cal dman over a pwr fwd.  Take Chara out of this lineup and we struggle to make the playoffs.  Take any fwd off our roster and we still are fine... Its not happening...but the Ducks have a funny way of always getting into trade talk.  Especially when rivals get involved.  But he Ducks want to challenge this year before they potentially lose all their big guns.  They arent a lottery team.  They have talent to do damage.  If Ryan is gonna get dealt it will most definitely include young talent and likely a top 4 dman.  Philly doesnt look like a match right now...possibly Buffalo who are stacked with 8 NHL ready dmen +.  Who do you think Ryan is worth for the record.  I consider Ryan a stud talent and would love to throw DK and a pick/prospect for him.  I just dont think its enough.

Oh, no question a top pairing d man would be of more importance, but the question is does JBO qualify as that. I'll be honest, I don't get to watch too many calgary games, but I've got a buddy who is a Flames fan and he's always complaining about JBO. The talent is definitely there though

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Detroit in talks with the Flames for Bouwmeester, : Oh, no question a top pairing d man would be of more importance, but the question is does JBO qualify as that. I'll be honest, I don't get to watch too many calgary games, but I've got a buddy who is a Flames fan and he's always complaining about JBO. The talent is definitely there though
    Posted by juniorfalcon19[/QUOTE]

He is a top 1-2 on most teams.  Flames fans were boing Kipper.  Next it will be Iggy.  Again, you can't teach what he posses...his skating and size set him apart from most.  He isnt physical bc he is in position to make good plays.  He is a product of a terrible hockey environment in Calgary...
    Detroit took Dan Cleary and made him a player.  JBo is already a player and in a system like Detroits his talent would catch up with what they do there...Im not a fan of Detroit but they know how to run an organization from top down.  

Book- I reread yours again and qouted you wrong(sorry for that).  You didnt compare him to Corvo(or so i hope) but you mentioned he is the corvo of his class.  Who would be in said class.  It better contain a top of dmen from 16-30 in it bc thats where I would rank him.   

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

More like top 60 - that's top pairing D-men.  

No, no direct comparison between him and Corvo, but comparing him to the rest of the D who are top pairing leaves me with the same feeling I've always had about Corvo - tools, sure, but the toolbox is a wet paper bag.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

One more thing, shupe - when you say he has never been in a winning environment, you ain't kidding.  He has played 18 playoff games in his life, all of them the year of the lockout when, after two years of NHL action, he played 18 playoff games with the Chicago Wolves putting up an impressive 0-0-0 and 14 PiM.  Now, let's just pretend we've had the four-hundred post argument about how much of that is his fault - but when you're a player with the tools he possesses and you have never managed to make even one of the teams you've been on good enough to make the playoffs, then surely, as a guy treated like a cornerstone player, at least part of the problem is JBo?