Developing Ryan Spponer

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fanonymost. Show fanonymost's posts

Developing Ryan Spooner

Count me among the posters here who are really excited about Spooner's potential, but I wonder whether we are doing him a favor by pushing for his inclusion on one of the Bruins' current lines.

He is still very young, somewhat undersized and with natural ability as a centerman, a crowded position in Boston. So, rather than slot him out on the wing, ala Tyler Seguin, would it not be a better developmental move to keep him down in Providence and let him a) mature physically, b) perfect his face-off skills (his greatest current weakness), and c) become a recognized leader among his peers (another important trait for Bruin centermen).  

I have high hopes for Spooner and could easily see his next move being to center the third line in Boston next season, with Kelly or Campbell being moved for a prospect. 

Just wonder what some of you think about this view. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fanonymost. Show fanonymost's posts

Re: Developing Ryan Spponer

Sorry ... typoed his name and "Edit Post" doesn't seem to allow me to make the correction.  :(

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Just so happens I went to Providence Bruins v. St. John's Ice Caps today.

Yes, he needs more seasoning, even at the AHL level.

He should stay in Providence for a while yet. 

How long?  Not sure, he could be ready soon or thru the end of this season max.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Spooner's .88 Pt/G, .97 Pt/G and plus +14 last season,  should stay in the minors. The Bs don't need to pick up there offense at all with a top 6 forward healing.