Devils draft pick?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Devils draft pick?

The Devils were penalized for having circumvented the salary cap by signing Kovalchuk. The penalty was having to forfeit a first round draft pick. My question is , which year did they have to forfeit and if its 2011 are the Devils out of the mix when the draft order comes out ? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Devils draft pick?

In Response to Devils draft pick?:
    [QUOTE]The Devils were penalized for having circumvented the salary cap by signing Kovalchuk. The penalty was having to forfeit a first round draft pick. My question is , which year did they have to forfeit and if its 2011 are the Devils out of the mix when the draft order comes out ? 
    Posted by 50belowzero[/QUOTE]
    Good question.Wouldn't they be devastated if they end up bottom 5 and don't get a pick.What happens then?Will everyone else move up 1 slot?I'm even happier about PC not acquiring Kovalchuk(as much as many folks here were clamouring for him).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Thats what i was thinking. If they forfeit the pick next summer that means the leafs pick would move up one, so to speak. Just curious, don't want to get my hopes up. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

According to Burnside they have to forfeit their pick in one of the next four years - the team gets to choose in which of those four dafts they do it. Can't see them fofeiting this year's pick.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Devils draft pick?:
    [QUOTE]Thats what i was thinking. If they forfeit the pick next summer that means the leafs pick would move up one, so to speak. Just curious, don't want to get my hopes up. 
    Posted by 50belowzero[/QUOTE]
    Who would've guessed the Kovalchuk signing could add to Boston's lineup?If it happens  that would be tremendous.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

O.K, didn't know about the 4 year window, thanks.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Devils draft pick?:
    [QUOTE]They have to forfeit their pick in one of the next four years - the team gets to choose in which of those four dafts they do it. Can't see them fofeiting this year's pick.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]
    That's too bad(and hardly seems fair)that NJ has ANY say in the punishment they receive.Thanks for the info though.