Did Anyone Catch the Byron Bitz Hilites?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Did Anyone Catch the Byron Bitz Hilites?

I watched the Bitz show with the Sedin Sisters. They had him playing the first period with the Sisters. Scored a goal and did a no look pass to D.Sister. Looked really good.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Re: Did Anyone Catch the Byron Bitz Hilites?

Don't expect more from old friend Byron. His star always burns out quickly.

Boston, Florida, and now Vancouver.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

In Response to Did Anyone Catch the Byron Bitz Hilites?:
    [QUOTE]I watched the Bitz show with the Sedin Sisters. They had him playing the first period with the Sisters. Scored a goal and did a no look pass to D.Sister. Looked really good.
    Posted by Stuke50[/QUOTE]

Lame. Lame. Lame.

Henrik has the 2nd longest active iron man streak in the league.  Hopefully the slapper he took off his right ankle vs. the Preds doesn't cost him that streak. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

In Response to Re: Did Anyone Catch the Byron Bitz Hilites?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Did Anyone Catch the Byron Bitz Hilites? : Lame. Lame. Lame. Henrik has the 2nd longest active iron man streak in the league.  Hopefully the slapper he took off his right ankle vs. the Preds doesn't cost him that streak. 
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

To bad She and her sister failed to show up in the finals and ruining the only chance the nucks will get at a cup while they are there. Had the red wings not have been nicked up I doubt the nucks would have made the finals but I am glad the softies did because we got the cup Cool

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

The Sister likely has the same eggs in his pocket as he did in game 1 of the streak. Why you bother trying to uphold the manly honour of that pansy on this site is beyond comprehension?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

which one is thelma, and which one is louise?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

If you think that refering to a hockey player in the feminine is an insult, then I feel sorry for any women that you deal with on a regular basis.  What makes you think women are inferior?  I'd love to see you turn around and chase a dump-in with Hayley Wickenheiser or Cammy Granato on your tail.

Hey Red, what's your opinion on the whole idea of "insulting" the last two Art Ross Trophy winners by calling them "sisters"?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

[QUOTE]If you think that refering to a hockey player in the feminine is an insult, then I feel sorry for any women that you deal with on a regular basis.  What makes you think women are inferior?  I'd love to see you turn around and chase a dump-in with Hayley Wickenheiser or Cammy Granato on your tail. Hey Red, what's your opinion on the whole idea of "insulting" the last two Art Ross Trophy winners by calling them "sisters"?

What the fu**k !!   I'm getting grief from a Canucklehead fan on a Bruin board ? I love my Bruins. I HATE the Canuckleheads. So go away to your own Board. The Sisters are the Sisters. Period. I have Canucklehead fans as friends and they refer to the Sisters as the Sisters. So get over it and frankly, if you don't like the comment, just leave. Go to your own board and whine. Unreal.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

[QUOTE]If you think that refering to a hockey player in the feminine is an insult, then I feel sorry for any women that you deal with on a regular basis.  What makes you think women are inferior?  I'd love to see you turn around and chase a dump-in with Hayley Wickenheiser or Cammy Granato on your tail. Hey Red, what's your opinion on the whole idea of "insulting" the last two Art Ross Trophy winners by calling them "sisters"?

The best women player in the world couldn't even play in the ahl.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Does "being on your own board" (like you own it) give you the right to be a misogynistic knuckle-dragger? You should get grief for an attitude like that no matter where you are, and by everyone who considers themselves a decent human being.  You can hate the Canucks all you want.  But the way you refer to the Sedins says way more about your attitude towards women than it does about your opinion of the Canucks.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

[QUOTE]Does "being on your own board" (like you own it) give you the right to be a misogynistic knuckle-dragger? You should get grief for an attitude like that no matter where you are, and by everyone who considers themselves a decent human being.  You can hate the Canucks all you want.  But the way you refer to the Sedins says way more about your attitude towards women than it does about your opinion of the Canucks.

Is it your time of the month 49-north?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

[QUOTE]Does "being on your own board" (like you own it) give you the right to be a misogynistic knuckle-dragger? You should get grief for an attitude like that no matter where you are, and by everyone who considers themselves a decent human being.  You can hate the Canucks all you want.  But the way you refer to the Sedins says way more about your attitude towards women than it does about your opinion of the Canucks.

It's funny to most, you find it insulting.

Cry me a river, build a bridge and get over it. Most people find it funny not misogynist.

Stick to hockey threads 49, you're not going to get anyone here to agree with you on anything Canuck related. You're talking to a wall when you defend the Sedin twins here.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I don't like the Canucks and I think it's funny to refer to the Sedin twins as the sisters, but its getting a little overboard in my opinion.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

lol!

Yeah I did see Bitzy get involved. I was happy for him, I always respect his grinder style, even though the guy doesn't exactly have a high offensive ceiling.

hopefully he'll stick around in the NHL, but I doubt it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PINEwarmer. Show PINEwarmer's posts

And we gave him up for Seidenberg. What was PC thinking?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

[QUOTE]And we gave him up for Seidenberg. What was PC thinking?
    Posted by PINEwarmer[/QUOTE]

He was thinking we got an awesome deal! lol

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

However you feel about the Canucks, 49's got a point.  It is absolutely demeaning to women to call gender-less, soul-less swedish ginger Ken dolls women.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6tBr6PMkBY

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

C'mon north...now you're trying to play the hysteria card.  The "sister' thing is playground smack meaning lack of masculinity, or abundance of femininity.  I think most are confident it doesn't  disrespect women any more than calling a canucklehead....umh....a canucklehead.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Considering Sedin "sisters" was something started in Vancouver, by sportscaster Neil Macrae i believe, maybe the sensitive Nuck fans should clean up their own backyard first.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I get your point 49, and I agree with you pretty much. But I get why they have the nickname and it's not based on mysogny, as much it is based on misguided attempt to lable their lack of toughness. I get the point and understand it, even if I disagree with the word choice.

That said I've played with and against women that show ten times the grit that the Sedins do. Hell, I'm married to one. Last year the wife went down to block a shot from Wickenheiser, who has a cannon of a shot that everyone of us on this board would be envious of and can likely unload it faster than anyone in the women's game. She took the hit for her team to prevent an easy open-netter from the best damn player in the world, and had a bruise the size of a dinner plate on her stomach afterwards. And she was laughing about it. That's a degree of toughness and grit we'll never see from the Sedin's. So yeah, I think maybe it's slightly disparaging, but only because most of the hockey players I know who play the game at a high level are tougher than the Sedin's.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

My point exactly red - without referencing that a Ken Doll of a Sedin would be anatomically correct.

Anyone able to find that Eddie Murphy bit on SNL where he checked the Michael Jackson doll's anatomical correctness?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]My point exactly red - without referencing that a Ken Doll of a Sedin would be anatomically correct. Anyone able to find that Eddie Murphy bit on SNL where he checked the Michael Jackson doll's anatomical correctness?
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

It sort of bugs me Book, that women are used to refer to weakass hockey players given my experiences with the game, but I sort of get the reason for it, stupid as it is.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]I get your point 49, and I agree with you pretty much. But I get why they have the nickname and it's not based on mysogny, as much it is based on misguided attempt to lable their lack of toughness. I get the point and understand it, even if I disagree with the word choice. That said I've played with and against women that show ten times the grit that the Sedins do. Hell, I'm married to one. Last year the wife went down to block a shot from Wickenheiser, who has a cannon of a shot that everyone of us on this board would be envious of and can likely unload it faster than anyone in the women's game. She took the hit for her team to prevent an easy open-netter from the best damn player in the world, and had a bruise the size of a dinner plate on her stomach afterwards. And she was laughing about it. That's a degree of toughness and grit we'll never see from the Sedin's. So yeah, I think maybe it's slightly disparaging, but only because most of the hockey players I know who play the game at a high level are tougher than the Sedin's.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

It's true that the Sedins don't play with grit.  It's a complete misnomer to say that they aren't tough.  Perhaps we have different definitions of toughness, but to me, playing first line minutes, seeing the shut-down defensive pair and the best defensive forwards on each team, game after game of being cross-checked, slashed, boarded, high-sticked, and being able to start 553 straight games, AND laying down a high standard of play that NHL historians will be writing about for years to come -- that, my friend, is toughness.

Is it tougher to take the slash or the cross-check, and retaliate, creating a 4-on-4 situation, or is it tougher to take it, grit your teeth and skate away, knowing that by not retaliating, you're putting your team on the powerplay improving the chances of winning the game?  Sometimes, it's tougher to be the guy who takes the abuse, and skates away.   

Sometimes, discipline is toughness.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

And sometimes being too timid in defending yourself from the abuse of others can be misconstrued as discipline. 

Can't think of any other players who don't defend themselves in the NHL as much as the Sedins. Is it discipline or timidness when it comes to confrontations ? Sometimes a player has to look past getting a PP and show they won't take the abuse from others, otherwise it will continue.