Did anyone see the faceoff stats? Wow!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

Re: Did anyone see the faceoff stats? Wow!

In Response to Did anyone see the faceoff stats? Wow!:
    [QUOTE]I thought it was a typo.  Bs 43 to 12!  Whoa... That must've had a major impact on Flyers' inability to get going.  
    Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]
    Redonkulous!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from StJohnsbruinsfan. Show StJohnsbruinsfan's posts

Yeah, Krejci and Bergeron were big on draws tonight. Krejci was unbeaten i do believe.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Think I saw a stat on HNIC where Bergeron won 17 of 19.  He owned them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

Bergeron, Krecji, and Campbell were a combined 36-3 on face-offs.  WOW!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

In Response to Did anyone see the faceoff stats? Wow!:
    [QUOTE]I thought it was a typo.  Bs 43 to 12!  Whoa... That must've had a major impact on Flyers' inability to get going.  
    Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]

Don't get too excited !  The high percentages are just another indication that
    philadelphia is having major issues in their dressing room (very divided) and the concentration just isn't there.  I'm sure even the Bruins are wondering where the fight in the Flyers has disappeared to.

Problems in the room have created the same atmosphere as last year. Watch out if the Flyers can iron out their differences , or at least put them aside for the rest of the playoffs.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Also a factor - seemed like every faceoff in the MTL series had one or the other center getting kicked out. It hurt both teams, and the normal advantage the Bs have was eliminated.

Not in this series. Fewer lame penalty calls (although last night had 2 that drove me nuts). Centers are given a bit more in the faceoff circle. Julien is putting 2 centers out there in some key situations, then one of them cycles off immediately if they gain possession. It's a huge advantage for the Bs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Huge factor in the game.  You can't sustain pressure if you always lose the puck.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Last night had a few iffy calls, but it was 4-2 Bruins.  Im not going to complain.  This HASNT been the Montreal series, although there have been some very suspect calls.

If you havent played hockey, especially at a high level, you really dont understand how much the draws help.  It gives you puck possession and you can do what you want to.  You can create and utilize your offensive plays.  Faceoffs are a HUGE part of winning hockey games.  Win faceoffs, win the physical battles and the rest will come on its own.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beorach. Show Beorach's posts

At least there didn't seem to be so many whistles as we had grown accustomed to...  The historical awareness in me sort of ruined the PP goal, though.  I was half thinking of how I'd rather have had a PP at the end of a tighter game (as if the karma for all the late penalties in other games this playoff season was being repaid in that moment - stupid superstitions, voices in your head, all part of it).