Did Montreal boo the national anthem the other night?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prob2236. Show prob2236's posts

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Did Montreal boo the national anthem the other night?

Yes.  As a Canadian living in NS it disgusts me.  If the worlds were at war Montreal would be the 1st trying to hide under the US for protection. 

My suggestion to those going to the game is to sing the Canadian National Anthem. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

No,  did not hear it.Like I've been saying they flash on the jumbotron every U.S. born Hab player and just before it starts the announcer says stand with your Montreal born Ameiecan born players to sing "their" National anthem.
    I doubt they'll boo it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Absolutely shupe.  I hope the Bruins fans once again take the high road tonight, show respect to our second favorite country, and sign the Canadian anthem (or remain silent).

Just makes Montreal look even worse by comparison.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Did Montreal boo the national anthem the other night?:
    [QUOTE]Yes.  As a Canadian living in NS it disgusts me.  If the worlds were at war Montreal would be the 1st trying to hide under the US for protection.  My suggestion to those going to the game is to sing the Canadian National Anthem. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Really ?  You heard boos ?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nix02061. Show nix02061's posts

I read that people said it was boo'd but I couldn't hear it on the telecast, but they can do funny things with those rink mic's so who knows what they let us hear...?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Yes.  It was pretty loud during the middle portions.  At the end everyone gives the little clap but he went right into Oh Canada.  Those morons would likely boo if it was sung in English only. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Bah.  This is old news.  Keep in mind also that many people worldwide hate the USA.  I have some family in Montreal and the only reason they don't hate me is because of the blood in my veins.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from geez77. Show geez77's posts

i was at the game and did not hear one boo. i was very surprised. hey just a thought but why do the national anthems anyway?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Bah.  This is old news.  Keep in mind also that many people worldwide hate the USA.  I have some family in Montreal and the only reason they don't hate me is because of the blood in my veins.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

OMG you're cousin Ryan !!!!  I don't hate you.

There is some hatred towards Obama lately.  I saw a small group in downtown Montreal doing a protest calling Obama Hitler and had a poster of Obama with that famous stache . 
    Just dumb!

I really didn't hear any booing, Shupe I'll take your word for it and that's even dumber.

NAS and all the rest going to the game sing along O'Canada !

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

Who cares?  I don't give a hoot about the national anthem.  I pay my taxes and that's the extent of my citizenship.  What in hell does this have to do with hockey?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Did Montreal boo the national anthem the other night? : OMG you're cousin Ryan !!!!  I don't hate you. There is some hatred towards Obama lately.  I saw a small group in downtown Montreal doing a protest calling Obama Hitler and had a poster of Obama with that famous stache .  Just dumb! I really didn't hear any booing, Shupe I'll take your word for it and that's even dumber. NAS and all the rest going to the game sing along O'Canada !
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

It's not just Obama, but Americans in general.  A lot of Amerians  go up there and act like jerks, and that's the minimal interaction some have with us.  My cousin works at a sports store.  Her top complaint:  Americans who buy stuff with American dollars (which they are kind enough to take...find a US sports store that will take Canadian dollars) and get upset when the change is loonies and toonies.  It happens a lot.  An American in a foreign country being upset because the currency isn't all American.

If people from South Korea (or where ever) acted like that here, I'd probably boo their anthem also. 

Who cares if others don't like your country or your anthem.  They aren't required to do so.  If they hate you or your kind or your country or your stupid song, they can boo away.  They aren't Americans.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Totally uncool to boo the Star Spangled Banner. Apart from just bad manners, I wonder how their seven American Habs feel?
    Probably 'Get me the feck out of this one horse town!' 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prob2236. Show prob2236's posts

Not-A-Kind are you kidding me.  Its ok to disrespect another country because your aunt had a bad experience with some rude americans.  I guess we should just light up the Canadan flag at center ice tonight then, right, I mean its not our country.  For all the bitching Canada does about the US they also benefit quite a bit from being direct neighbors of the USA.  Either way I agree so many countries hate us, we should just shut down our borders, pull out our troops from foreign wars and just tell the rest of the world that there on there own.  Ya that would go over well im sure.  Like Shuperman said if world war III broke out tommorrow Canada would be the first to hide behind its brother the USA. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Not-A-Kind are you kidding me.  Its ok to disrespect another country because your aunt had a bad experience with some rude americans.  I guess we should just light up the Canadan flag at center ice tonight then, right, I mean its not our country.  For all the bitching Canada does about the US they also benefit quite a bit from being direct neighbors of the USA.  Either way I agree so many countries hate us, we should just shut down our borders, pull out our troops from foreign wars and just tell the rest of the world that there on there own.  Ya that would go over well im sure.  Like Shuperman said if world war III broke out tommorrow Canada would be the first to hide behind its brother the USA. 
    Posted by prob2236[/QUOTE]

I don't disagree with most things you've stated here.  If people hate Canada, they certainly can burn the Canadian flag if they wish.  People who hate the USA burn the Stars and Stripes all the time.  I'd be happy to hold the lighter to the flag of North Korea, China, Afghanastan, Yemen, France, Libya, Pakistan, Venezuela, Mexico, Sudan, Nigeria, and many others.

post script:  It was a cousin, not an aunt, and that is just one example of how we portray ourselves in other countries.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Totally uncool to boo the Star Spangled Banner. Apart from just bad manners, I wonder how their seven American Habs feel? Probably 'Get me the feck out of this one horse town!' 
    Posted by Hanrahan1[/QUOTE]

I doubt Gomez and his $7M care too much about a few people in the crowd booing anything.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

I didn't hear any boos.  I think just before the US anthem they announced the names of the American players on Montreal.  That was a smart thing to do.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Thought I heard some boos, but I'm sure those numbskulls got some very dirty looks and were hushed down. For the most part I wouldn't paint Canadiens' fans or Montrealers in general with such broad strokes. There are American jerks and there are Canadian jerks. Idiocy knows no borders. My daughter goes to McGill so I'm up there alot, I find just about all folks up there to be kind, decent, and respectful...not at all the yahoos on this board portray them for. If someone judges me because I root for the Bruins, that tells me all I need to know about that person.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccoul. Show ccoul's posts

Yea agree with Mattbs, they had to announced the US players in the team, *another way to deal with these morons. Sad but true. Montreal  fans  have no class, little sefl esteem, dont expect them to respect the guy next door. Being a former Severviceman myself from Canada and having lived in the privonce of Quebec, i can reassure you  that it is from  a minority, the problem is they are all under the same  roofs. With all due respect to greats like Jean beliveau who prolly gives himself a head shake everytime he  hears this crap in the building. No worries folks these morons even Boo lourder their own National anthem

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnTAlouette. Show JohnTAlouette's posts

Didn't they offer asylum to draft dodgers during the Viet Nam war? Now that's hospitality.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

prob,

I said Montreal would.  Not the rest of Canada.  I am glad we are allies but we would do just fine without the US.  This political stuff should be left out b/c the US joins wars that benefit their own needs.  

Anyway, this is hockey.  Lots of bone heads live in each country.   

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Before game 3 the montreal pa announcer said and please salut the american anthem home country of gianta ect gil ect ect. The need  a pa announcer to tell them they have what 7 americans on the team so dont boo?