did ryder play last night?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

did ryder play last night?

i really hesitated before starting this thread...it's not often everyone here are so agreeable, BUT, was it me or was ryder a complete non-factor last night? it seemed to me, EVERYONE contributed last night EXCEPT HIM. he still is unwilling to pass the puck in the offensive zone and is a lazy skater. did anyone else notice this? zero points and one shot on goal- there were 3 others with no points, but they atleast they skated hard. sorry to nitpick on such a beautiful day, but it is what it is. by the way- this is coming from one of the homers who wears rose-colored glasses!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Re: did ryder play last night?

One of his worst game ever

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Everything about him says to me "I just don't care"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

Agreed...the guy kills any line he is on.  No chemistry with anybody really all year.  Can't wait until he's gone from the team.  The only reason he's not on the 4th line is that he can shoot the puck.  Other than that he is completely useless. 

I feel bad for Bergeron.  No matter what happens he is always carrying dead weight on his line.   I'd rather see a young guy get a chance than wait for Ryder to have a good game one out of every 15 games.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from diz420. Show diz420's posts

Doesn't matter.  He's gone at the end of the season.  He'll be a healthy scratch in the playoffs if Julie has any ovaries.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Imagine if he actually was consistent?  It's a shame they couldn't have bamboozled soemone at the tradeline with maybe packagaing him and a prospect or something, and then kept Sturm.

I would have rather gambled with the hardworking Sturm instead of watching Ryder float around looking for the perfect pass for a one timer all game long.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to Re: did ryder play last night?:
    [QUOTE]Imagine if he actually was consistent?  It's a shame they couldn't have bamboozled soemone at the tradeline with maybe packagaing him and a prospect or something, and then kept Sturm. I would have rather gambled with the hardworking Sturm instead of watching Ryder float around looking for the perfect pass for a one timer all game long.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

meh Sturms knees wont hold out for 1rd of the playoffs. But I can think of a laundry list of guys id take over Ryder at the price/production level Ryder is at.

It seems everyone else at that price/production brings something else to their game, Glyder does not. He's just been well.... Bad.

I remember in the beggining of the game after the Boychuck goal on Ryders next shift he single handedly sucked out the momentum and gave MTL a chance, thank god the next line came out with sustained pressure but Ryder almost singlehandedly blew it in the begining.

Only bruin not to show up last night IMO, even Tuukka had a better game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JDavitt. Show JDavitt's posts

He is AWFUL.  Never wins a one-on-one battle, can't posess the puck at all and every team knows he's going try the drag and snap-shot EVERY time.  I tried to like the guy for almost 3 years no.  Now all I do all game is scream YOU SUCK RYDER at the TV whenever he's out there. 

That said, I do have a bit of a JD Drew/Ryder comparison with him.  While he isn't hurt as often as Drew, both are never spectacular in the regular season and are massively overpaid.  However, both do produce in the playoffs.  That's our only hope.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBfan67. Show BBfan67's posts

Ryder should be the healthy scratch the rest of the season!!!! Nuff Said

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Having agreed with these assessments for the last 5 months, the only gleam of light was to see Claude bench Ryder and move Marchand back to the Bergeron line in the 3rd period, a period in which the Bruins scored 4 goals. With 9 games to go I am hoping that Caron and Arneil are in the bull-pen waiting for the start of playoffs and end of CAP restrictions. Add Arneil to Bergeron's line, and Caron to Campbell's line along with REX. Give Thornton a permanent job in Public Relations, and let Paille and Ryder sit.This would immediately increase the Bruins overall speed and hockey sense, preserve Rex for the PP with Seguin and Marchand; and let Caron replace Rex on the PK with Bergeron, where he did so well early in the year. Four lines with speed and responsibility might just carry them through two series.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: did ryder play last night?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: did ryder play last night? : meh Sturms knees wont hold out for 1rd of the playoffs. But I can think of a laundry list of guys id take over Ryder at the price/production level Ryder is at. It seems everyone else at that price/production brings something else to their game, Glyder does not. He's just been well.... Bad. I remember in the beggining of the game after the Boychuck goal on Ryders next shift he single handedly sucked out the momentum and gave MTL a chance, thank god the next line came out with sustained pressure but Ryder almost singlehandedly blew it in the begining. Only bruin not to show up last night IMO, even Tuukka had a better game.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

Put it this way:

I would have preferred to move Ryder and then used Wheeler or Sturm in that one spot.

Whoever played better, is the starter on that wing.  The money would have made sense.