Did the Rangers Pay Off Shanny?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from G4ck5. Show G4ck5's posts

Did the Rangers Pay Off Shanny?

I saw the video and the explanation of the video, but i can't believe Nash didn't get a one game suspension for this. Still a hit from behind and results with contact of the head through a finishing motion. I dunno, maybe because I am basis that superstars get away with murder in the NHL. Just saying if that was Lucic or Chara thats 2-3 games there.

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=60&id=226104&navid=nhl:topheads

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Re: Did the Rangers Pay Off Shanny?

I agree and the fact he left his feet too, hes a big man and didnt need to leave his feet, after seeing other suspension hits, im confused and even the players have no idea whats what. Sad.. i think shanny has to go

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I will say this in Shanahan's defense and something I didn't notice in the previous videos - that the principle point of contact the nameplate and not the head.

It did appear to me when I saw the videos that the head was the initial point of contact.

I see what Shanahan is saying, and on that basis I see why he said no supplemental discipline.

However, what I think should be taken into account was the recklessness Nash took and most importantly the back of Kopecky was facing Nash for the entire sequence.  I don't see this "sudden turn" - Kopecky's back is toward Nash at least one full stride away so it is clear to me that Kopecky's back was targetted.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to wallydouglas' comment:

I agree and the fact he left his feet too, hes a big man and didnt need to leave his feet, after seeing other suspension hits, im confused and even the players have no idea whats what. Sad.. i think shanny has to go

I see what you're saying, but he didn't leave his feet to make the hit.

Nash launches himself into Kopecky and leaves his feet after making contact - but did not leave his feet to make the hit.

Granted, it is a subtle difference.