Disappointed Canadian

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Disappointed Canadian

In Response to Re: Disappointed Canadian:
    [QUOTE]You canadians have to come to grips with the simple fact the cream rose to the top the USA ladies are simply a better team. Also why cry over a hand ball in the box? The right call was made. I remember the USA men getting messed over by the refs vs germany in the knockout round on a non hand ball call on the germans in 2002 that was a real ball buster 8 teams left in the tourny. Great game wished I had bothered to watch most of it as I only flipped on when I saw the game was in extra time when I logged onto espn.com.
    Posted by bosbruins2011cup[/QUOTE]

Wasn't a hand ball....nor was it a delay of game...phantom call that is never made to get it to the penalty kick.  Complete bogus call...cream didnt rise...they trailed to the Canadians all game.  All I can say is the US team won and hopefully they can grab the gold medal game.  Bad calls are bad calls...but like I said the Canadian coach was excellent in defeat when they were 10 minutes away and then 2 phantom calls called in 30s.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Hmmm, what's worse than soccer?

I know, women's soccer.

Even worse, women's soccer on a hockey forum.

C'mon, Nite. This is the stuff that Contrarian guy posts in the hockey forum.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosbruins2011cup. Show bosbruins2011cup's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Disappointed Canadian : Wasn't a hand ball....nor was it a delay of game...phantom call that is never made to get it to the penalty kick.  Complete bogus call...cream didnt rise...they trailed to the Canadians all game.  All I can say is the US team won and hopefully they can grab the gold medal game.  Bad calls are bad calls...but like I said the Canadian coach was excellent in defeat when they were 10 minutes away and then 2 phantom calls called in 30s.
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

I have seen horrid reffing in soccer to many times to count its a way of life in that sport like I said Canada had 3 leads thats a choke job in soccer. The USA women in the last world cup lost in the final and there was bad calls against them all game but I blammed them losing more on the fact they choked the lead away. The comentators on NBC did mention they thought there were some officiating errors so maybe that will make you all feel better? Bottom line 3 times you had the lead and 3 times you gave it up heck of an effort non the less.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]Here is another thought maybe the canadian women need to be in better shape? The USA ladies were in much better physical condition that was apparent in extra time. Also spend less time flopping on the ground and push harder to get the go ahead goal. That canada player in extra time who faked being hurt then came back in the game that was montreal esk. Also instead of crying about refs ( sadly its a way of life in FIFA soccer) Protect one of 3 leads you had? Canada from what I saw from the highlights played a good game why take away from their effort with crying about the refs? Also btw gutty effort by the USA women comming back 3 times and getting the go ahead goal late in stoppage time. Good luck vs france for bronze.

Cmon, you didnt even watch the game.  Both female teams were dropping like flies.  Its soccer...I am no soccer fan...but Canada was the better team throughout this game...US were given two brutal calls...and I mean BRUTAL to tie the game late.  Would have been nice of the ref to put her whistle away and let them play. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Disappointed Canadian : I have seen horrid reffing in soccer to many times to count its a way of life in that sport like I said Canada had 3 leads thats a choke job in soccer. The USA women in the last world cup lost in the final and there was bad calls against them all game but I blammed them losing more on the fact they choked the lead away. The comentators on NBC did mention they thought there were some officiating errors so maybe that will make you all feel better? Bottom line 3 times you had the lead and 3 times you gave it up heck of an effort non the less.

I can't believe I am arguing womans soccer...mount everest here I come again

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosbruins2011cup. Show bosbruins2011cup's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Disappointed Canadian : Cmon, you didnt even watch the game.  Both female teams were dropping like flies.  Its soccer...I am no soccer fan...but Canada was the better team throughout this game...US were given two brutal calls...and I mean BRUTAL to tie the game late.  Would have been nice of the ref to put her whistle away and let them play. 

All I know is in extra time usa looked to be in much better shape and the final score was 4-3 USA and it didn't make my day and it shouldn't ruin yours haha

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Disappointed Canadian : All I know is in extra time usa looked to be in much better shape and the final score was 4-3 USA and it didn't make my day and it shouldn't ruin yours haha

I concur...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosbruins2011cup. Show bosbruins2011cup's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Disappointed Canadian : I can't believe I am arguing womans soccer...mount everest here I come again

No kidding was thinking the same thing when does hockey start?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Disappointed Canadian : I can't believe I am arguing womans soccer...mount everest here I come again

Room for one more?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]Hmmm, what's worse than soccer? I know, women's soccer. Even worse, women's soccer on a hockey forum. C'mon, Nite. This is the stuff that Contrarian guy posts in the hockey forum.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]
    Sorry Soxfan, but I had to vent my disappointment in my countries attitude. It's not the sport it self I'm talking about. Soccer is one of the worst sports & I'd sooner watch paint dry. However, due to situation that Canada put themselves in. I watched not for the sport, but for my country. If my country can't, or doesn't win. I cheer for the US, not because they're necessarilty better, but because I consider the US "our friends" & I always cheer for my friends unless they're going against family. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Disappointed Canadian : I didn't get to watch the game so i can't compare, but if the soccer game had worse reffing, it had to be atrocious. 
    Posted by 50belowzero[/QUOTE]

It was.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

[QUOTE]Next time you find yourself watching a women's soccer game, just walk over to the kitchen, open the refrigerator door, stick your head in, and slam it shut about 20 times in a row 
    Posted by JWensink[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I'm just stunned actual hockey fans would watch soccer and enjoy it, boring. These are usually the same people who say they can't watch baseball.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

I'm disappointed...

... that a great game was marred by a horrible call by the officials.

... that people think that women's soccer is a sport unworthy of the Olympics.

... that someone thought that a player who's knee came within a millimeter of a hyperextension was "faking".

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

interesting commentary on the women's soccer controversy

http://youtu.be/g2jAwiq6YsE

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Soccer belongs here as much as women's hockey, politics, comments from trolls and reviews of the latest movies.

This is a hockey forum.  There are thousands of places on the web where you can discuss soccer. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Hmmm, what's worse than soccer? I know, women's soccer. Even worse, women's soccer on a hockey forum. C'mon, Nite. This is the stuff that Contrarian guy posts in the hockey forum.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

Yes.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

The good:
    A pretty exciting soccer game.
    A new painful conspiracy for null to absorb -- ha ha.  His tears bring me joy.
    7 goals in soccer game

The bad:
    Fodder for anti-USA conspiracies (remember the US getting jobbed in the World Cup -- it happens to us too)
    Diving.  Lots of it.  How can you ever believe that people are 'really' injured in this sport?
    Soccer talk on a hockey forum.
    US and Canada rooting against each other.  They're 1 and 1a to me.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Even though this is a hockey forum, a game like yesterday's Women's Football Semi-Final is worth commenting on.

It was a fabulous game. These women have better technique and ball control than most MLS teams.

It was a pleasure to watch, and I'll watch again.

As for the result - the better team lost. The Canadians were technically superior to the Americans. Apart from a lucky corner kick and a one-in-a-million shot (both by Rapinoe), and the referee, the Yanks had almost no clear cut chances. Whereas, the Canadians had chances just about every time they moved forward.

The fair result should have been 3-1 Canada.

This match was the highlight of this Olympics, for me.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]Soccer belongs here as much as women's hockey, politics, comments from trolls and reviews of the latest movies. This is a hockey forum.  There are thousands of places on the web where you can discuss soccer. 
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    I'm sorry your worship! It'll never happen again! Tongue Out

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosbruins2011cup. Show bosbruins2011cup's posts

Also to add a few thoughts on the game the delay of game call on the canada goalie by the rule book was the correct call although I think its the first time I have ever seen in called ever in a soccer game so I can see why you guys are mad about it. The hand ball was the correct call the ball clearly hits the arm plain as day. Also if your going to cry about non calls how about the cheapshot the canada star who scored the hatrick did on the USA defender? She clearly intentionaly stomps on her head when the player is on the ground. That should have been a red card and canada should have had to play the rest of the game a player down. What a dirty play I guess it made the soccer gods angry..... Anyway if your going to keep crying about how your ladies got jobbed at least have the decentcy to mention Canada getting away with intentionaly stomping on a USA players head that should have resulted in a red card.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]Also to add a few thoughts on the game the delay of game call on the canada goalie by the rule book was the correct call although I think its the first time I have ever seen in called ever in a soccer game so I can see why you guys are mad about it. The hand ball was the correct call the ball clearly hits the arm plain as day. Also if your going to cry about non calls how about the cheapshot the canada star who scored the hatrick did on the USA defender? She clearly intentionaly stomps on her head when the player is on the ground. That should have been a red card and canada should have had to play the rest of the game a player down. What a dirty play I guess it made the soccer gods angry..... Anyway if your going to keep crying about how your ladies got jobbed at least have the decentcy to mention Canada getting away with intentionaly stomping on a USA players head that should have resulted in a red card.

Both plays were not the correct call.  It hit her forearm and she was attempting to get out of the way.  She didnt intentionally try and hit it. 
    Stomping on her head intentionally?  I highly doubt it.  Lots of things happen in the course of action in sports.  You say its flopping when the Canadian players went down and murder when an American is down.  The teams played hard against each other but I saw a lot of good sportsmanship throughout the game. 
    You keep sucking me back into this debate.  The one US vs Canada match that matters was the 2010 mens hockey.  We all know the outcome there...  :-)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosbruins2011cup. Show bosbruins2011cup's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Disappointed Canadian : Both plays were not the correct call.  It hit her forearm and she was attempting to get out of the way.  She didnt intentionally try and hit it.  Stomping on her head intentionally?  I highly doubt it.  Lots of things happen in the course of action in sports.  You say its flopping when the Canadian players went down and murder when an American is down.  The teams played hard against each other but I saw a lot of good sportsmanship throughout the game.  You keep sucking me back into this debate.  The one US vs Canada match that matters was the 2010 mens hockey.  We all know the outcome there...  :-)

I also remember the 96 world cup of hockey winning on your home soil and also the usa under 18's beating canada in overtime Sealed on Canada's home soil in 2010. Canada has owned usa in hockey no doubt but at least I can point to some stinging defeats us Yanks gave you guys a few times the same can't be said for womens soccer its like the hammer vs the nail there not that I care just mentioning it.

As for the cheapshot intentional stomp to the head its clear as day. They showed it today while I was watching olympic coverege not sure if they caught it live during the game but they had a great angle on it today. Also on the handball the canada player turns her body into it and is standing in the box when the ball hits her arm thats a nice save just not a legal one.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Disappointed Canadian : I also remember the 96 world cup of hockey winning on your home soil and also the usa under 18's beating canada in overtime on Canada's home soil in 2010. Canada has owned usa in hockey no doubt but at least I can point to some stinging defeats us Yanks gave you guys a few times the same can't be said for womens soccer its like the hammer vs the nail there not that I care just mentioning it. As for the cheapshot intentional stomp to the head its clear as day. They showed it today while I was watching olympic coverege not sure if they caught it live during the game but they had a great angle on it today. Also on the handball the canada player turns her body into it and is standing in the box when the ball hits her arm thats a nice save just not a legal one.

Yeah, Brett Hull is Canadian and was your best player.  And I can't count the golds we have in WJ Hockey...but enjoy those two events in hockey history.  Canada could put two teams in the Olympics and face each other.   Not to mention the amount of Canadians were on the Bruins team that won the cup.  It didn't visit the US a lot that summer.  Speaking of which that rat Marchand is gonna be my neighbor in NS when he's home in the summer.  He bought his parents place...what a large home...unreal.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosbruins2011cup. Show bosbruins2011cup's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Disappointed Canadian : Yeah, Brett Hull is Canadian and was your best player.  And I can't count the golds we have in WJ Hockey...but enjoy those two events in hockey history.  Canada could put two teams in the Olympics and face each other.   Not to mention the amount of Canadians were on the Bruins team that won the cup.  It didn't visit the US a lot that summer.  Speaking of which that rat Marchand is gonna be my neighbor in NS when he's home in the summer.  He bought his parents place...what a large home...unreal.

Canada is the best at hockey not arguing that at all but you guys act like you never lost an international tourny of any kind when I have seen it plenty in my lifetime.

Heres a video link on the cheap shot I got the player wrong but here it is about the 3 or 4 second mark clear as day you might have to watch it a few times but here ya go http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/soccer/highlight-melissa-tancredi-stomps-carli-lloyds-face.html

So marchand is going to be your neighbor? For real? How about I pay your league fee this season for my hockey league and you send me a personalized autograph of marchand? Haha only kidding so he bought the house he grew up in and is kicking his parents out?