Disappointed Canadian

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Re: Disappointed Canadian

I love soccer and that was an epic game the two countries played.  I didn't think officiating was a major factor in the outcome. I find it funny the number of hockey fans that hate soccer. The games are so similar. I always played the two sports throughout the year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Nice! You can be the dirty perv neighbour taking pictures of the young tail he brings to his pool parties.  I expect detailed updates with pictures.  Ramar construction pays well!

In Response to Re: Disappointed Canadian:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Disappointed Canadian : Yeah, Brett Hull is Canadian and was your best player.  And I can't count the golds we have in WJ Hockey...but enjoy those two events in hockey history.  Canada could put two teams in the Olympics and face each other.   Not to mention the amount of Canadians were on the Bruins team that won the cup.  It didn't visit the US a lot that summer.  Speaking of which that rat Marchand is gonna be my neighbor in NS when he's home in the summer.  He bought his parents place...what a large home...unreal.
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]Nice! You can be the dirty perv neighbour taking pictures of the young tail he brings to his pool parties.  I expect detailed updates with pictures.  Ramar construction pays well! In Response to Re: Disappointed Canadian :
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

He had a silver spoon in his hind quarters before he started playing hockey.  True story is that when he brought the cup back they were concerned he wasnt going to get very many people at the rink.  Sid on the other hand had 10s of thousands. 
    Yeah Ramar owns everything up in that area...his house is pretty nice for a summer shack.  He drives an old beater white jeep...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

This is not a Canada - USA thing.

This is a "game outcome determined by terrible officiating" thing.

If the game was determined fairly, on the pitch, by the players, there would be no complaining, regardless of the outcome.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]Wow, a thread about women's soccer sure got pretty heated.  I suppose it's expected from the 2 Canucks fans, since their team plays like a women's soccer team anyways, but no excuse for anyone else lowering themselves to their level.
    Posted by BSXIII[/QUOTE]

"Playing like the Canadian women's soccer team" is a mighty high compliment.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

A pissing contest on which country is better and pointing out the inadequacies of the other. Beautiful ! A few bad jokes both ways with some obvious hurt feelings.

Well done Nas. Ruffled a few feathers, stepped aside then watched the hens have a cluckfest. 

Amusing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Disappointed Canadian : but we can go into other countries and be proud.  How about you? 

Of course you can.  No one knows who or where you are.

Shupe:  Hey pretty.  How YOU doin'?

Girl:  Hi sir.

Shupe:  I'm in town for the week.  Got plans between now and forever?

Girl:  Oh, a foreigner.  Your English is good.  Where are you from?

Shupe:  Halifax

Girl:  Where?

Shupe:  Nova Scotia

Shupe:  (frustrated)  Quebec City

Shupe:  Montreal!

Shupe:  Toronto

Girl:  Are you making these places up?

Shupe:  I'M FROM CANADA!

Girl:  Is that an island?

Shupe:  No, Alice, it's in North America!

Girl:  Oh, you're an American.  Why didn't you say so?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

All I have to add to this conversation is how un-professional FIFA is.  In every big tournament they have some part timer reffing big and important games.
    This time this ref was a substitute teacher .  Real joke.
    Why don't they put the best available refs ? In soccer right now it's men (sorry Red) .  Wasn't it NHL refs that officiated womens hockey in Vancouver's Olympics ?
    Let's not forget the U.S. womens team is the best or 2nd best in the world. On that day the Canadian women gave them a run for their money and should have won the game.
    With this being said I don't think the ref was bought out or there was a fix,  it was just plain incompetence.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Disappointed Canadian : Of course you can.  No one knows who or where you are. Shupe:  Hey pretty.  How YOU doin'? Girl:  Hi sir. Shupe:  I'm in town for the week.  Got plans between now and forever? Girl:  Oh, a foreigner.  Your English is good.  Where are you from? Shupe:  Halifax Girl:  Where? Shupe:  Nova Scotia Girl:  Where? Shupe:  (frustrated)  Quebec City Girl:  Where? Shupe:  Montreal! Girl:  Where? Shupe:  Toronto Girl:  Are you making these places up? Shupe:  I'M FROM CANADA! Girl:  Is that an island? Shupe:  No, Alice, it's in North America! Girl:  Oh, you're an American.  Why didn't you say so?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

I love your scripts. LOL
    I'm also certain Shupe would kick your azz.
    Go Canada go !

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Vast mineral and agricultural resources, public healthcare, a superior elected government system, a more stable and secure banking system, much more affordable secondary education and the metric system. In Response to Re: Disappointed Canadian :
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

Quality land resources...frozen.

Public healthcare...as long as you don't die waiting in line.

Elected government system...not including the fact that your true leader is in England.  They tried that with us.  We smoked 'em.

More stable and secure banking system...Our banking system is so stable and secure, catastrophies don't even crash it.

More affordable secondary education...is nice but if you want more education, you have to pay for it big time here.   The good news is that people do.  Because they can.  Because they make enough money.  Of course, higher quality education costs more also.  Your lower end colleges and universites are equivalent to a GED here in Mass.

The metric system?  You ran out of things that are great about Canada that quickly?  That's a stretch.  Like a three foot stretch.  Do you know how long that is?

Honestly, all barbs aside, everyone knows (or should know) that I love Canada.  Outside of the US, it's my favorite place on Earth.  I've traveled the world and have not found anywhere I like more.  I'd love to live in Montreal or Ottawa.  And I would (one more barb) but the jobs up there don't pay enough and the money that is made is taxed to high heaven in order to afford a ridiculous health care system.

USA USA USA (and Canada)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Disappointed Canadian:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Disappointed Canadian : and my 'gun violence' remark was me rising to the typical NAS "bait remark". Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

Priceless you reminded some of us about a couple of recent massacres because "NAS made me do it". If the summer Olympics had gold a medal for excuses you would have one another medal for your beloved Canada.

You make excuses for that loser team of yours and now for senseless, idiot remarks as well.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]After looking att he overall medal count, Canadiens should be dissapointed in the Olympic performance all together, not just a soccer game.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]
    Kel, there are more people in California than we have in our entire country. Your country has roughly ten times as many people to select from so I expect very little from our Olympic teams (summer especially). That's not an excuse as to why other countries do better. It's a reason.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Disappointed Canadian : Priceless you reminded some of us about a couple of recent massacres because "NAS made me do it". If the summer Olympics had gold a medal for excuses you would have one another medal for your beloved Canada. You make excuses for that loser team of yours and now for senseless, idiot remarks as well.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

No, I was commenting on your long, long history of gun violence; the latest incidents only functioning as an exclamation point on an outdated national policy.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Disappointed Canadian : Of course you can.  No one knows who or where you are. Shupe:  Hey pretty.  How YOU doin'? Girl:  Hi sir. Shupe:  I'm in town for the week.  Got plans between now and forever? Girl:  Oh, a foreigner.  Your English is good.  Where are you from? Shupe:  Halifax Girl:  Where? Shupe:  Nova Scotia Girl:  Where? Shupe:  (frustrated)  Quebec City Girl:  Where? Shupe:  Montreal! Girl:  Where? Shupe:  Toronto Girl:  Are you making these places up? Shupe:  I'M FROM CANADA! Girl:  Is that an island? Shupe:  No, Alice, it's in North America! Girl:  Oh, you're an American.  Why didn't you say so?

That was pretty good.  Problem is most Americans think that way.  But the US of A is the most hated country in the world.  Sad but true.  Try wearing an American flag anywhere outside of the US and you will see.  Wear a Canadian flag and you will also see. 
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEyUWKJFER8

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Disappointed Canadian : Quality land resources...frozen. Public healthcare...as long as you don't die waiting in line. Elected government system...not including the fact that your true leader is in England.  They tried that with us.  We smoked 'em. More stable and secure banking system...Our banking system is so stable and secure, catastrophies don't even crash it. More affordable secondary education...is nice but if you want more education, you have to pay for it big time here.   The good news is that people do.  Because they can.  Because they make enough money.  Of course, higher quality education costs more also.  Your lower end colleges and universites are equivalent to a GED here in Mass. The metric system?  You ran out of things that are great about Canada that quickly?  That's a stretch.  Like a three foot stretch.  Do you know how long that is? Honestly, all barbs aside, everyone knows (or should know) that I love Canada.  Outside of the US, it's my favorite place on Earth.  I've traveled the world and have not found anywhere I like more.  I'd love to live in Montreal or Ottawa.  And I would (one more barb) but the jobs up there don't pay enough and the money that is made is taxed to high heaven in order to afford a ridiculous health care system. USA USA USA (and Canada)

You don't wanna know what I pay in taxes each year.  Scary.

And I hope you don't believe all the garbage you just put on there...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Disappointed Canadian : No, I was commenting on your long, long history of gun violence; the latest incidents only functioning as an exclamation point on an outdated national policy.
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

Obviously you didnt check out our joke on gun policy.  Before you try and tell me different stop.  I deal with it daily. It cost millions and was so flawed they scrapped it.  And for the amount of major incidents that happen in the US we have so many unsolved shootings it not funny.  Anyone can get a gun at anytime and any place if they want one bad enough. 
    I think it was a little fresh off two major incidents to be throwing out gun remark.  But I also think everyone is taking this US Canada thing a bit too far.  All in good fun. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

About 9 decimeters? I know your joking and so was I about the metric system.  There are positives to both countries, and they are (relatively) extremely alike. For me personally and my family it doesn't matter which side of the border we live on. My siblings' lifestyles are the same regardless. I do think for many people, however, they would be better off in Canada. Private health care is fine unless you are someone without it, the US banking system may survive a crash but many peoples' pensions didn't. There are issues in America that need fixing, but the political system is such a divided and unwieldy machine right now that it can't fix it. But Canada is a luxury that wouldn't exist without the USA.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Disappointed Canadian : Quality land resources...frozen. Public healthcare...as long as you don't die waiting in line. Elected government system...not including the fact that your true leader is in England.  They tried that with us.  We smoked 'em. More stable and secure banking system...Our banking system is so stable and secure, catastrophies don't even crash it. More affordable secondary education...is nice but if you want more education, you have to pay for it big time here.   The good news is that people do.  Because they can.  Because they make enough money.  Of course, higher quality education costs more also.  Your lower end colleges and universites are equivalent to a GED here in Mass. The metric system?  You ran out of things that are great about Canada that quickly?  That's a stretch.  Like a three foot stretch.  Do you know how long that is? Honestly, all barbs aside, everyone knows (or should know) that I love Canada.  Outside of the US, it's my favorite place on Earth.  I've traveled the world and have not found anywhere I like more.  I'd love to live in Montreal or Ottawa.  And I would (one more barb) but the jobs up there don't pay enough and the money that is made is taxed to high heaven in order to afford a ridiculous health care system. USA USA USA (and Canada)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Wow, this thread took a bad turn.

I heard the commentary of a US soccer analyst last night which seemed fair to me.  He said the Canadian's did indeed get jobbed on the 'delay' call, because that call is really never made and the goalie was getting up off the ground and remaining active instead of standing there wasting time.

He also said it is a shame that anyone would discredit either team, by saying there was a predetermined outcome or that the refs 'won it for the US'.  Both teams played great.  Both teams probably deserved to win.  The Canadians were treated unfairly, but the Americans played a pretty gutsy game too.  No reason to hate them.

Any rivalry between the US and Canada, outside of direct competition in sports, seems crazy to me.

49, scoring some points in this debate on the backs of recent murders in the US is indeed the lowpoint of this thread and I am usually an appreciator of your perspective.  Kind of a fresh wound for many of us in the US to have you picking at it, over which country is better, or whatever.  Is the idea to try to find things that were tragic for your country to settle this little soccer match dispute?  Let's not.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Disappointed Canadian : Kelv. I am kidding.  No the US isnt a popular place in terms of world popularity. But I wouldnt want anyone else as a northern brother.  US Govt should provide for its own over everyone else.  I'd say the same about Canada.  Both our national debts are nothing to brag about.  Boston is my favorite place on earth...hands down! USA  AOK

Hola Senor Shuperman.

Como esta usted?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

The biggest polluter of the planet is China, not the U.S.

On this note Canada beats the hated French for the Bronze.

I'm rooting for the U.S. against Japan as I did at the last World cup.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Disappointed Canadian : Hola Senor Shuperman. Como esta usted?

Southern...you know what I mean.  I can make a claim that I live in NS and Maine is actually north of me.  Nice save Shuperman

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]The biggest polluter of the planet is China, not the U.S. On this note Canada beats the hated French for the Bronze. I'm rooting for the U.S. against Japan as I did at the last World cup.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Ditto...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Disappointed Canadian : That's not true.  Other Asian countries in particular dislike N. Korea, with the possible exception of (some of) the Chinese.  European Union countries don't care much for unelected dictators who censor, torture, and imprison their own people either.  The US is disliked more over nebulous perceptions of being a global bully, hording resources, the global military presence, and polluting the planet.  At the same time though, the culture is adored by most foreigners. I've never been treated badly in foreign countries although I am aware of the perceptions that are held about Americans. I've never seen a Canadian outside of North American without an identifying maple leaf somewhere on their person, and I get it. Even when Canadians don't like us, I like them.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

A thread in a hockey forum talking about the offiials in a womens soccer game somehow turns into who hates North Korea more...LOL..
    I almost hope TT says something stupid.
    It's going to get mighty interesting in here if there is no hockey come October!