Doan will be a Canuck by the Weekend

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

Doan will be a Canuck by the Weekend

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/hockey/canucks-hockey/Canucks+still+dreaming+Shane+Doan/6997190/story.html

The Canucks have 2.4 left to spend. If Luongo goes they will have lots of cash.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Re: Doan will be a Canuck by the Weekend

Looks to me that Shane wants to take the easy road, in his final years.

The mind may still be willing, but the inspiration could be lacking.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Nucks have no cash to spend as you point out Soups. The unloading of Luongo is a big if. Not sure I see this happening. I wonder what 49 thinks of this.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Some Canadian outlet (I forget which) had Doan showing up in Monteral due to the Habs being interested. I guess they think Doan would consider a contract that would pay him 1.5-2mil a year, since that'll be all (tops) the Habs could spend on him. Either that or MTL just won't re-sign Subban so they can ink Doan.

Loving the silly season.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

I hope the Nucks cant unload Luongo. It was a ridiculous contract to sign and it will bite them in the butt, just like all the other idiotic organizations that give players these long drawn out contract. I cant wait til the new CBA kicks in and eliminates this from happening.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from felixwas. Show felixwas's posts

The guy wants four years and $30 million. And he's 35. That's a lot of money to pay for intangibles.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

In Response to Re: Doan will be a Canuck by the Weekend:
    [QUOTE]Nucks have no cash to spend as you point out Soups. The unloading of Luongo is a big if. Not sure I see this happening. I wonder what 49 thinks of this.
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]

MG has gone on record saying that they're prepared to have both RL & CS on the roster in 12-13.  Doesn't make much sense to me, so it's likely just talk.  I don't think the Canucks are interested in 4 yrs - $30M for Doan; I could see 2 years; but  if Doan wants that type of $$, the Canucks will be forced to fire sale RL. 

If it all falls out as RL gone (even if all they get back are futures), Doan & Garrison in, and CS performs as expected, the Canucks should be better off up front, on the blueline, and in net.  But there's still a month and a half before camps open, and over 2 months before the salary cap kicks in, so lots can happen between now & then.

Of course, then there's the whole issue of the looming lockout, so all this might be moot.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Well, this was off the mark.