Does Bergie Make Team Canada

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Does Bergie Make Team Canada

I know it seems like a lock but the tsn crew have him on the outside looking in.  I cant invision him at the very least securing the 4th line center role.  They also had Vlasic JBo over Letang PK.  I get we have lots of right handed shots but JBo?   I love his ability to move and he is a very good dman, but how does he even make the top 8.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Does Bergie Make Team Canada

Yes I think Bergeron goes over with team Canada.

I would have Letang out there with the extra space. He would carve up a lot of opposing players through the neutral zone.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Yep!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

If he's not I'll be stunned.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Did you see the panel last night.  The three things that stood out were jbo in the top 4, Vlasic in the top 6(maybe san can chime in on him because he sees him more) and bergie as the 5th center.  I dont think they can keep benn and mattduchense off the team.  They had giroux on the 2nd line.  They want him on there badly.   If stampkos cant go i want bergie on sids line.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I hope not.  I hate to see my favorite players lose big games.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Ask Steve Yzerman about what Team Canda can and can't do with young guys putting up whackjob point totals.

'Course, that might work in Duchene's favour given Yzerman's on the other side of that decision now.

Benn may list as a centre, but he's been a winger most of his career.  If they can't keep him off the team (and I don't know about that), I don't think it will be at Bergeron's expense.  By scoring more than playmaking, Duchene might also be making a case for the wing rather than the dot.  Down the middle, you have to assume that Crosby and Toews are locks at C with Getzlaf and Tavares on the team but possibly moving to the wing (assuming both are healthy).  Tavares has the worst FO% of the top Canadian centres.  Couture has fewer points than Duchene as of now, but may have a longer record of consistent impact.  Giroux gets thrown in here, but he's a RW.

So, yeah, there's an argument to be made that Bergeron has been outplayed by other candidates, but Team Canada, as a program, is always talking about finding the balance between the best players and the best team.  Heard Pat Quinn talk about that a while back and his Olympic year as coach, they got away from that philosophy a bit and that cost them.

All of that to say it will be a team-building decision, not a paper exercise by TSN talking heads.  My guess is he might nominally be the 5th C, but he'll play most of the games, take a lot of draws, and yeah, maybe work in with Crosby and try to recreate the 2005 magic.  In this, Claude being on the bench may help his cause.

If you had to put money down, put money that he goes.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Did you see the panel last night.  The three things that stood out were jbo in the top 4, Vlasic in the top 6(maybe san can chime in on him because he sees him more) and bergie as the 5th center.  I dont think they can keep benn and mattduchense off the team.  They had giroux on the 2nd line.  They want him on there badly.   If stampkos cant go i want bergie on sids line.  

[/QUOTE]

Who was on it 1st of all?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

In watching last year's playoffs I felt that Bergeron has elevated his game to elite levels.  I feel he is at point where is one of the most dominant forwards in the game in terms of all-around play.  Personally, I think you could argue that in game impact he's in a similar place as Crosby, and you could see it in the head-to-head outcome.  Less offence but better defence.

I'd have him as the #2 or #3 center with Crosby and Toews.  Skilled but less complete centers like Stamkos or Tavares would play wing.  For me he would be a lock.

The TSN crew I think were just talking about the feelings of the minute in terms of who would be on the team.  Bergeron is off to a slow start (I think mostly because of having to untuck his jersey) while guys like Benn are making buzz and Giroux is a fun topic because everyone ignored him with his awful start.  I'm pretty sure Bergeron is a for-sure.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dave24. Show Dave24's posts

If Canada wants to win, then Bergeron should be there.

I think JBo is included because of how they see his skating game fit the bigger ice. Letang and PK have more upside of course, but they are more prone to mistakes too.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Bergie makes it. you cant load a team full of offense and win because your taking away the defensive side of the game, it would be too much on the D without guys like bergie. I predicrt he makes 3rd line center

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

If Canada is in a tight game late and they absolutely need to win that particular faceoff and play shutdown defense...who would anybody rather have??

Simple as that...of course he goes.

But as an Americanian, I'm fine if Canada wants to stock up on exclusively gifted offensive players up front.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Yes definetly don't even have to think about it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

...and some TSN analysts would have Kunitz making it! They can out-wit themselves, sometimes.

Bergeron is on the team, a for-sure. He was there last time. Babcock loves him. Yzerman loves him (and I'd like to think Julien and Chiarelli feel the same?)

He was there before Stamkos went down - but he's even more of a lock now.

And not 'sneaking in' nor relegated to the periphery either - he will get a good chance to play with Crosby is my bet. They've only made magic everytime they've been paired up in International play.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Now way Bergeron is not on the team. I'd also have Duchene in over Giroux.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

I'd check the source and recognize how often TSN is way off base.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to bogie6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Which they are many,many times. Insiders my azz.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to bogie6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bmac and duch.  I know NAS will love BMac As his new title.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

The Insiders are great for trades, but not necessarily great at picking Team Canada. You think Dreger was talking to Yzerman, Babcock, or Julian? And they said Bergeron is now off the list? Doubtful & far too early for anyone to make this assumption. 

One thing people like Shupe seems to forget. Is it's not the best talent that always prevail & are the difference makers. Game 3 in the 87 Canada Cup is perfect example of that. In that game the Soviets were up 3-0 in the 1st 8 minutes. It was the Rick Toccett's, Brent Sutter's & Brian Propps that brought the Canadians back into that game. It wasn't Lemieux, or Wayne. Guys like Bergeron are needed & HE WILL BE THERE! 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Personally I think they need to make surprise picks, or non-picks, to make their program interesting. If they just picked the usual suspects then who would really care? They need to spice it up so they throw in the J-Blows and Kunitz's of the world to be controversial.

Bergeron will be on Team Canada.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

My team canada :

Eberle Crosby Hopkins

Sharp Toews Tavares

Spezza Getzlaf M. Richards

Ladd Bergy Duchene

St. Louis ( pending stamkos situation)

Keith Seabrook

Subban Valasic

Pietriangelo Letang

Boumeester

Price Crawford Luongo

But i will still predict that Russia USA and canada will be my choice for gold contenders. I am also interested to see how team switz will do this tournament, the swiss know how to upset teams especially the canadian teams.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsow. Show bruinsow's posts

In response to boborielly224's comment:
    [QUOTE]

My team canada :

Eberle Crosby Hopkins

Sharp Toews Tavares

Spezza Getzlaf M. Richards

Ladd Bergy Duchene

St. Louis ( pending stamkos situation)

Keith Seabrook

Subban Valasic

Pietriangelo Letang

Boumeester

Price Crawford Luongo

But i will still predict that Russia USA and canada will be my choice for gold contenders. I am also interested to see how team switz will do this tournament, the swiss know how to upset teams especially the canadian teams.

[/QUOTE]

Drew Doughty?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

The Insiders are great for trades, but not necessarily great at picking Team Canada. You think Dreger was talking to Yzerman, Babcock, or Julian? And they said Bergeron is now off the list? Doubtful & far too early for anyone to make this assumption. 

One thing people like Shupe seems to forget. Is it's not the best talent that always prevail & are the difference makers. Game 3 in the 87 Canada Cup is perfect example of that. In that game the Soviets were up 3-0 in the 1st 8 minutes. It was the Rick Toccett's, Brent Sutter's & Brian Propps that brought the Canadians back into that game. It wasn't Lemieux, or Wayne. Guys like Bergeron are needed & HE WILL BE THERE! 

Wait a second there skipper.  "One thing people like Shupe seems to forget".  Where is this coming from.   I commented on something a panel said.  Yes i do believe they have sources bc how do they break stories without it.  many are ex players with ties to these guys.  

I was the one on here saying lucic shouldnt make it for the same reason bertuzzi shouldnt have made it when they took an allstar team instead of a team. 

i 100 percent believe he should be there to the point where i said i could see him playing with crosby since we are deep at center.  

Give me your version of this yrs canadian team.  I need to know since you are one of those guys who knows how to build a championship cal.  team.  

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Personally, I'd be thrilled if the critical players employed by the Boston Bruins like Chara, Bergeron and Rask stayed home during this exhibition game period and rested while avoiding unnecessary injury in games not related to working for the Bruins.