Does Claude help young players develop?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Does Claude help young players develop?

There is a previous post with so many comments that I thought we should have a more current version. Has Seguin learned under Claude's coaching? He has learned some defense, since that's what Claude preaches. His development will be mostly determined by his linemates. Right now he is with Bergeron [VERY GOOD TUTOR} and RECCHI [ Excellent off the ice}, but  as Rex's game fades he is not helping anyone, and CLaude should recognize this as a MAJOR developmental and operational problem. It was also noticeable that Caron, when playing with Bergeron, was steady and learning. When Claude moved him to another line Caron had some minor problems. Claude does not allow for "rookie" problems, so Caron has been sent to Providence. Just comparing these two young players, it is clear that Bergeron has a more positive effect while Claude has little patience with " rookies". When looking at Kamfer it is apparent that he is learning when paired with Seidenberg. When Claude moves him up with Chara, Kamfer's game is not as steady as he " watches" more than reacts. IMO Claude is better off leaving Kamfer with Seidenberg. Let's see what he does when Stuart returns.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Does Claude help young players develop?

Caron and Bergeron should not have been seperated as I'm convinced their brains are connected and Caron would be close to ten goals by now but as DRCC pointed out this might have been a cap move with Savard returning. I don't see Jordan returning soon because Chiarelli and Julien like Paille which is a shame.

I'm sticking with BadHabs point that Seguin is tailor made for the PP which he is. Tyler should operate along the half wall as Stamkos does being set up for one timers during the PP (How Geoff Ward is not seeing this ?). Learning Julien's defensive game has been why Tyler is not getting fed time but if he finishes more Recchi feeds, which he has flubbed a few, Seguin will get more time. Popping a few would get Tyler more ice time.

I'm fine with the occasional Kampfer giveaway as I feel Savard will find Steve wide open more than not. If Chiarelli were to decide that Kampfer should go back down after Stuart comes back would be a colossal mistake IMO.

I want more room under the cap to bring up players like Sauve, Bartkowski and Arniel for 5 or 6 game stints then get sent back down just to give them a taste here and there plus see what they can do with NHL caliber players. Can this happen ? Will this happen ? Probably not as we had to endure a mucker like Whitfield last year instaed of a forward with speed and a scoring touch.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Sandog,
    I think Caron will get a call up, but i think he played himself off the roster at the time, (well his play and lack of cap space) sending him down will free up some cap space long term..

Caron scored 3 goals in 7 games, and then went 13 straight with out one.. So you really cant project his goals.. Horton should be sitting on 50 by now based on where he projected after the first 10 right?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Bogie,
    I would add, I don't know that you really work on "developing" players at the NHL level..
    Julien is teaching these guys his system, and working on mistakes he sees.. probably providing direction in areas they need to improve on, but I think there is very little development on most nhl rosters during the season unless the players take it on themselves.. I do know at the exit interview in the off season there is some direction as to areas the players need to work on, but for the most part they will be working on areas that the team needs improving, not designing drills around single players etc..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Does Claude help young players develop?:[QUOTE]Sandog, I think Caron will get a call up, but i think he played himself off the roster at the time, (well his play and lack of cap space) sending him down will free up some cap space long term.. Caron scored 3 goals in 7 games, and then went 13 straight with out one.. So you really cant project his goals.. Horton should be sitting on 50 by now based on where he projected after the first 10 right?
    Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE]

Caron's numbers fell after he was seperated from Bergeron right ? That's on Julien his decesion and Chiarelli not having the cap space to develope Jordan.

Horton get 50 ? no 40 but that's not on Julien or Chiarelli but on Nathan. I understand your points on both.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

I had to listen to most of the games till about mid dec.. move cable install issues etc.. so i didnt see much, but caron is clearly a player julien liked.. He will be back..

I dont know what happened with his goals production, my assumption was more rookie starting hot, then falling off, (seguins there too)..but even his 3 in 20 only projects to 5 goals at this point.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Roler, I respect your comments, but, when you add an 18/19 year old rookie there must be some focus on developing those inherrant skills plus the NHL level skills like perception and decisions that were not needed in Juniors where talent prevailed. IMO Wheeler is a prime example who has taken three years to corral his innate skills to an NHL level performance. Also, skillful development allows the young player to absorb defensive capabilities without hindering his natural game performance. Claude developed Savard's defensive capabilities smoothly, but, Savvy had allready played NHL for a while. In Seguin's case, he has spent too much of his on-ice time thinking about Claude's system requirements.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Bogie,
    I don't think there is no work, but I think the answer would be something like "this is the nhl" you know?

Clearly lucic has continued to develop, and i am sure when there is a mistake in practice its pointed out, and how to do it correctly similarly i am sure there are drills that work on general parts of the game.. but each player has strengths, weakness and things that really cant be developed.. Savards "vision" passing etc..

Seguin isnt up to game speed yet i dont think and ive said multiple times i see him cheating in the zone on the break out..

with the puck, the kids good, and hes going to improve, I dont know if you can develop that though at an nhl level..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Perhaps just some healthy scratches for Caron would have been OK instead of sending him down to Providence but that's where the cap came into play couldn't keep both Paille and Caron.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Just wondering, since folks are asking about/calling into question CJ's role in developping of Seguin and Caron, how much credit would you give to CJ for the development of Krejci or Lucic to name a few system players who have come up and improved under CJ. Or did he play no part and those players would be the same without him? If that's the answer, then how is he responsible for Caron or Seguin? If not, and you think that he has helped Looch and Krejci, then I'll ask why not put a little faith in CJ, and time, and think he may know what he's doing.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Does Claude help young players develop?:
    [QUOTE]Just wondering, since folks are asking about/calling into question CJ's role in developping of Seguin and Caron, how much credit would you give to CJ for the development f Krejci, Lucic to name a few system players who have come up and improved under CJ. Or did he play no part and thse players would be the same without him? If that's the answer, then how is he responsible for Caron or Seguin. If not, and yu think that he has helped Looch and Krejci, then I'll ask why not put a little faith in CJ, and time, and think he may know what he's doing.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

Red , if you keep reading the same posters opinions over and over again it becomes apparent their opinions are based on the dislike of certain individuals and not based on any type of objectivity whatsoever.

There's a very little chance you'll get any answers to this question ( from the haters ) that have any merit to it.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: Does Claude help young players develop?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does Claude help young players develop? : Red , if you keep reading the same posters opinions over and over again it becomes apparent their opinions are based on the dislike of certain individuals and not based on any type of objectivity whatsoever. There's a very little chance you'll get any answers to this question ( from the haters ) that have any merit to it.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

That's what I figure, but the question is still worth asking, futile as it is.