Does the player you want get signed today?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Does the player you want get signed today?

After going through the endless suggestions of players that posters want during this free agency I've finally read someone's opinion on who the Bruins should sign that I feel comfortable with.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5g6U0mU8590T2q0Q52LRQuxH1W4vw?docId=0ff183f5d7ba49419428727e60b83230

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Re: Does the player you want get signed today?

I wouldnt be upset if theres no signings other than keeping marchand. At the same time I would be if savard id done, then that needs to be addressed losing an elite center. How do you replace him ? or do we even have to ?.
    Everyone says a pmd, and kaberle is most likely gone, i have no answer there or suggestions.
    The one thing i am high on are all the young kids coming to compete this year. I have a feeling that 2 make it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sgebhardt8. Show sgebhardt8's posts

The more I think about it Erik Cole makes the most sense to me.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bigpapa1977. Show Bigpapa1977's posts

I 100% agree that this market is crazy.

As I have been saying, the B's should look at signing veterans to one year deals.  Then, if the salary cap increases as Chia expects, those salaries will come off the books after this year.

If he will accept it (now looking less and less likely): Simon Gagne
    If he will accept it (now ALSO looking less likely): Ed Jovanovski
    Jason Arnott

I think that the Erik Coles, James Wisniewskis, Ville Leinos, and Tomas Fleischmanns of the world are going to see highly overpriced contracts.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from saultont. Show saultont's posts

Would the Bruins still hold any interest in Chris Drury as a Recchi replacement...he can play C/LW and being captain has those leadership qualities....Drury could always put up points and sort of a " local " boy being born in Conn and playing for BU if that means anything...knee injuries hampered him last year and thats a factor likely in his recent buy out from the Rangers. But if he has healed at age 34 he might make an interesting waiver pickup and a one year deal might be a pleasant surprise....any thoughts guys?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

In Response to Re: Does the player you want get signed today?:
    [QUOTE]Would the Bruins still hold any interest in Chris Drury as a Recchi replacement...he can play C/LW and being captain has those leadership qualities....Drury could always put up points and sort of a " local " boy being born in Conn and playing for BU if that means anything...knee injuries hampered him last year and thats a factor likely in his recent buy out from the Rangers. But if he has healed at age 34 he might make an interesting waiver pickup and a one year deal might be a pleasant surprise....any thoughts guys?
    Posted by saultont[/QUOTE]

I thought PC said in that article he wasn't interested in replacing Recchi?  The leadership will come from within.  I think there is plenty of young talent in the system that deserve a look first.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Raffi Torres please.  That is all. 
    Just for one second imagine if he signs here.  I know it is a -100% chance of it.  But just imagine.  Too funny.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulyboy. Show paulyboy's posts

STAMKOS
    It will be worth parting ways with the #1s.  Go full tilt and this team will be cup contender for the next 5 years and the true HUB OF HOCKEY title will be Boston.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Would love to see Cole on the Bergeron line and Hannan as a vet presence on D, but it ain't happening.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]Would love to see Cole on the Bergeron line and Hannan as a vet presence on D, but it ain't happening.
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]

i said Hannan last week.  Book made fun of me. hurt my feelings. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I hear ya. I got skewered by even mentioning Samsonov's name. Fans do crazy things when they are forced to look down the depth chart and see what's realistic versus what's a pipe dream. I know it was crazy, but I'd rather talk about guys who could actually sign and not Richards/Stamkos/Parise.

Cole and Hannan are good fits. I don't buy this "they don't need experience or vet presence" crud. Maybe not for a playoff run, but the season is looong and focus will be tough if the locker room is filled with guys who just got their name put on the Cup. Human nature.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Drury is intriguing but I'd only bring him as a camp invite because of his injuries but somehow I don't think Chris would go for that he'll probably be offered a 1 year contract by some team. I don't even think Drury could pass a physical right now and the Bruins need pop on the 2nd line not another Glyder liability.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I'd still like to see Higgins, but from the looks of that article, I wouldn't expect anything today.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from puckhog9966. Show puckhog9966's posts

[QUOTE]Raffi Torres please.  That is all.  Just for one second imagine if he signs here.  I know it is a -100% chance of it.  But just imagine.  Too funny.
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

I wouldnt mind seeing Torres, i thought overall he was one of the best canucks night in and night out of the finals... atleast he didnt roll over and dissapear 100% like others did. Does he bring a decent game like that during the regular season? I know he has played western conference other then the small stint with buffalo, so i havent seen much of him and what i have seen was forgetable in the regular season.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]I hear ya. I got skewered by even mentioning Samsonov's name. Fans do crazy things when they are forced to look down the depth chart and see what's realistic versus what's a pipe dream. I know it was crazy, but I'd rather talk about guys who could actually sign and not Richards/Stamkos/Parise. Cole and Hannan are good fits. I don't buy this "they don't need experience or vet presence" crud. Maybe not for a playoff run, but the season is looong and focus will be tough if the locker room is filled with guys who just got their name put on the Cup. Human nature.
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]

Hannan was in washington's top 4 all year and they had the best record in the east.  he is a shut down defender and I would trust him on the ice.  I never had a good feeling unless Chara was out there. 
    Hannan plays hard every shift and can move the puck.  He isnt what we need on the PP though and I doubt they would go after him.  But he would be a nice addition.  We don't need a Porshe.  We need a guy we can trust on the backend and possibly a top 9 fwd.  We are in a good situation for sure.  But as we witnessed in the playoffs with Van.  You can never have enough NHL ready Dmen.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does the player you want get signed today? : I wouldnt mind seeing Torres, i thought overall he was one of the best canucks night in and night out of the finals... atleast he didnt roll over and dissapear 100% like others did. Does he bring a decent game like that during the regular season? I know he has played western conference other then the small stint with buffalo, so i havent seen much of him and what i have seen was forgetable in the regular season.
    Posted by puckhog9966[/QUOTE]

Puck,

He is very streaky but got PP time in Van as well.  He plays hard every shift and is a canon ball on ice.  Yes he crosses the line at times but he keeps teams on their toes.  Like you said he was one of their better performers in the finals when all the other yellow bstards went into a shell. 

Very few openings on our team and we likely need a little more skill than what RT provides. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

Langenbrunner or Cole....

Babchuk or White....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from looneyman. Show looneyman's posts

Shock the world & offer Stamkos 8 / 80Mil. He is worth the $$$ & if Tampa matches it so be it. This guy can play & I would gladly give up 4 picks that will be in the mid twenties for the next 4 years.This is the type of player you over pay for, he gets fans in the seats, sells jersey's & can score. I know the B'S Will not sign him but I can only hope.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

I think Mike Grier would make a good replacement for the Veteran/Recchi replacement role.

Good player, well respected, fairly small dough, still tough in the corners, local kid.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

From what we've seen with blowout deals, Hannon on defense sounds good. With Peverly and Kelly, I do not see a fit for Torres, since Chiarelli would probably prefer a scorer with speed , like Sauve. That gives three scoring lines :: KLH; Bergie/Marsh/Seguin; Kelly/Peverly/Sauve; plus a solid 4th with Paille/Campbell/Caron. IMO Caron will beat out Thornton in training camp. That leaves only the D to focus on:: Chara?Seids[ leave them alone]; Ference/McQuaid; Kamfer/Boychuck/Hannon or a similiar skill D. I still think Boychuck could be gone in a trade

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jhunk. Show jhunk's posts

How about Anthony Stewart or Matt Gilroy?  Both likely wouldn't require large amounts of money.   Both 26yrs old, seems to me both would be low risk high reward players.  Ultimately I believe the Bruins will replace from within but these are just a couple of interesting options.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

I wanted Tyler Kennedy to come to MTL...he re-upped with Pitt.

I'd like to see Mike Rupp with the Habs.  Erik Cole would be a good pickup as well.

Not expecting any big signings with Montreal. They have 8 mil to spend but nobody out there is worth that kind of money. Mostly, guys who have some grit and can do well on the 3rd or 4th line is what I'm looking for. Wouldn't mind seeing Ville Leino but he's somewhat more of what MTL already has: finesse guys.

Jagr signing elsewhere made me VERY happy, though.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

Sullivan gone to Pens and Cole getting close to habnots....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Does the player you want get signed today?:[QUOTE]I wanted Tyler Kennedy to come to MTL...he re-upped with Pitt. I'd like to see Mike Rupp with the Habs.  Erik Cole would be a good pickup as well. Not expecting any big signings with Montreal. They have 8 mil to spend but nobody out there is worth that kind of money. Wouldn't mind seeing Ville Leino but he's somewhat more of what MTL already has: finesse guys. Jagr signing elsewhere made me VERY happy, though.Posted by Kennedy97[/QUOTE]

Erik Cole might be a reality for you Kennedy. Philly might be out of money for Leino now that Talbot and Jagr are in the mix.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

18 mil per for four years....

whoa!!!!