Done with this team!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

Re: Done with this team!

hehehe - good one Fletch!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In Response to Done with this team!:
    [QUOTE]Like Badhab I was a Bruins fan before they were called the Bruins and were actually called the Mayflower Puritans.  They played 'hockeysport' on a bed of gravel instead of ice, as ice hadn't been invented yet, and water was kept in liqued form only.  In 1927 I mistakenly had a menage-a-trois with Dit Clapper and his mistress at a back bay brothel, and ever since I have been faithfully bound to this team. However, as wonderful as the mid-90's were, when this team rarely made the playoffs, sent their best players packing, and were led by the likes of Dimitri Kristich, it is now, right now, that I have decided I can no longer follow this team. The two Vezina caliber goalies, the Norris winning defensemen, the three great centers, being in first place, near the top of the entire league, greatest goal differential in the NHL, playoff bound team that has scored 7 goals in a game twice this week and has a young exciting nucleus...just bores me now.  How could they lose a 4-2 game to the Sabres with Ryan Miller stealing the game??  Just unnacceptable. It's back to the book club, bridge tournaments, and scrap-booking for me.  Now, heavens to betsy!  Where is my medication?!?
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]
    Great post Fletch.......put this in perspective......what if the Leafs had exactly what the Bruins have.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Like Badhab I was a Bruins fan before they were called the Bruins and were actually called the Mayflower Puritans.  They played 'hockeysport' on a bed of gravel instead of ice, as ice hadn't been invented yet, and water was kept in liqued form only.  In 1927 I mistakenly had a menage-a-trois with Dit Clapper and his mistress at a back bay brothel, and ever since I have been faithfully bound to this team. However, as wonderful as the mid-90's were, when this team rarely made the playoffs, sent their best players packing, and were led by the likes of Dimitri Kristich, it is now, right now, that I have decided I can no longer follow this team. The two Vezina caliber goalies, the Norris winning defensemen, the three great centers, being in first place, near the top of the entire league, greatest goal differential in the NHL, playoff bound team that has scored 7 goals in a game twice this week and has a young exciting nucleus...just bores me now.  How could they lose a 4-2 game to the Sabres with Ryan Miller stealing the game??  Just unnacceptable. It's back to the book club, bridge tournaments, and scrap-booking for me.  Now, heavens to betsy!  Where is my medication?!?

oh yah?  I've been a Bruins fans since dinosaurs ruled the earth.  'Cept they didn't call them Bruins yet because neither Bears nor people were invented yet.  Last night's loss was the last straw.  Never mind not making the playoffs in a 6 team NHL, THAT I could tolerate easily, as well as the post lockout year when they missed the playoffs, or 99 or 97, or 1960-64 where they never won more than 18 games, no problem sticking with them through all that.

But last night...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: Done with this team!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Done with this team! : oh yah?  I've been a Bruins fans since dinosaurs ruled the earth.  'Cept they didn't call them Bruins yet because neither Bears nor people were invented yet.  Last night's loss was the last straw.  Never mind not making the playoffs in a 6 team NHL, THAT I could tolerate easily, as well as the post lockout year when they missed the playoffs, or 99 or 97, or 1960-64 where they never won more than 18 games, no problem sticking with them through all that. But last night...
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Good point Badhab, the lockout year was far more exciting than this year's first place team -- you couldn't leave the team then...but now...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

That's the post of the year, no contest.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

ICalm down it was a meaningless mid season yawner
    And Miller is a world class goalie
    Players can't go hard for 82 games1 Playoffs Dude playoffs!n Response to Done with this team!:

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Didn't see last night's game, guys but in reading the comments, the Bruins must have served up a real gut-kick to have respected die-hards like fletch, badhab, shaunk and beezfan totally pissed and poised to walk away. 

We've seen the club trance their way through games from time to time and for a team that is viewed by many as a Cup contender, we, fans know the Bruins are prone to bouts of lethargy but what it was about the Sabre game that has put you in this frame of mind?  

Maybe the loss was the culmination of something that was percolating inside and last night pushed it over the edge?  I don't know.  Hope you guys come around.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

RHO, you know they're joking, right?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

I'm off the wagon as well.
    Their pathetic play, sheesh. I mean really, they can't even beat a shank like Miller. The Bruins MADE those saves look difficult.
    It's over. Tear it down...oh, how I long for the Steve Kasper coached teams.
    Sheldon Kennedy our Nation turns it's lonely eyes to you...

Nash was right all along.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from winexpos. Show winexpos's posts

Great post Fletch!! Laughing

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]Didn't see last night's game, guys but in reading the comments, the Bruins must have served up a real gut-kick to have respected die-hards like fletch, badhab, shaunk and beezfan totally pissed and poised to walk away.  We've seen the club trance their way through games from time to time and for a team that is viewed by many as a Cup contender, we, fans know the Bruins are prone to bouts of lethargy but what it was about the Sabre game that has put you in this frame of mind?   Maybe the loss was the culmination of something that was percolating inside and last night pushed it over the edge?  I don't know.  Hope you guys come around.
    Posted by RichmondHillOntario[/QUOTE]
    I thought we were all fluent in Sarcasm here ?   Innocent

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Done with this team! : I thought we were all fluent in Sarcasm here ?  
    Posted by Beezfan4life[/QUOTE]

Good Lord...so did I...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from number08. Show number08's posts

Yeah? Well I was the snake charmer when Neely and Byers jumped into the cobra pit -and I'm done too!!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Ahhh, yes number08,  glad you're with me.

Great profile pic by the way...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

Isles are beating up on the Sabres tonight, that's how it goes in the NHL.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]RHO, you know they're joking, right?
    Posted by Kurako[/QUOTE]

Kurako - Can't talk!  Got a fish hook in my mouth!  Well done!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from fordprefect. Show fordprefect's posts

A+

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Awesome post Fletch....It is interesting that I'm assuming most of the fans on this forum are actually too young to have seen the B's win their last Cup. So that means all they have are some of these really good reg. seasons. I said it in another post, but I have NHL Ticket, I watch every B's game and I'm glad I do. They are entertaining, they have some brilliant wins, and some great, great comebacks late, and they are the best 3rd Period team in hockey. I was around for the 2 cups, albeit very young kid, but I said I was done with the team when they choked 3-0, 3-0 leads v. Philly. But I got sucked right back in by Thomas and Marchand and Lucic and Kampfer and Savvy's recent skill comeback. Maybe the B's won't win the cup this year, but I'll be a fool to say they don't at least have some makings of a team to get as far as the semifinals. I'm enjoying the reg. season though, so keep it coming B's

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Done with this team! : Awesome post Fletch....It is interesting that I'm assuming most of the fans on this forum are actually too young to have seen the B's win their last Cup. So that means all they have are some of these really good reg. seasons. I said it in another post, but I have NHL Ticket, I watch every B's game and I'm glad I do. They are entertaining, they have some brilliant wins, and some great, great comebacks late, and they are the best 3rd Period team in hockey. I was around for the 2 cups, albeit very young kid, but I said I was done with the team when they choked 3-0, 3-0 leads v. Philly. But I got sucked right back in by Thomas and Marchand and Lucic and Kampfer and Savvy's recent skill comeback. Maybe the B's won't win the cup this year, but I'll be a fool to say they don't at least have some makings of a team to get as far as the semifinals. I'm enjoying the reg. season though, so keep it coming B's
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

Cheers danny.  I was born in '76 so I've never seen 'em hoist a Cup.  I'm not bitter about following them my whole life though.  That said, the collapse last year against the Flyers may have been the most painful sports moment for me (tied with the Pedro game angainst the Yanks in 2003). 

It's been a pleasure watching this team so far this year though and I love the way Chiarelli has shaped things up.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

For me, it was the 3-OT Klima game...Why that game drives me nuts more than Pedro-2003, Game 6-86, Game 7-75, Game 7-79, Pats-76 Oakland robbery, 07-08 SB Choke, and AFC title choke v Indy.....I'll never know...But I can tell you if you get a tape of that Oilers-B's epic playoff, please for the love of god, burn it...burn it!!!!!!! not on to a DVD, mind you...douse it with a flame-thrower...I need to be rid of that memory.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]For me, it was the 3-OT Klima game...Why that game drives me nuts more than Pedro-2003, Game 6-86, Game 7-75, Game 7-79, Pats-76 Oakland robbery, 07-08 SB Choke, and AFC title choke v Indy.....I'll never know...But I can tell you if you get a tape of that Oilers-B's epic playoff, please for the love of god, burn it...burn it!!!!!!! not on to a DVD, mind you...douse it with a flame-thrower...I need to be rid of that memory.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]
    I was at that game and it was a letdown that I can never forget.The building went immediately silent.It was only Klima's 3rd shift in the final 3 periods.It was exciting though to see Bourque score on a one-timer with the goalie pulled to send it to overtime.