don't trade the Toronto pick, deal with the Avs.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ocram. Show ocram's posts

don't trade the Toronto pick, deal with the Avs.

are Mike Fisher & Chris Versteeg worth first round picks, plus? The cost of doing business this deadline is very expensive.

Toronto is in the process of selling off their team, which means they will only get worse.  NJ & NYI will probably pass them in the standings soon, which puts our lottery chances at 3rd best after EDM & OTT.

Colorado is now 10 points out of the playoffs, look to deal with the Avs.  Trade for Milan Hejduk (UFA) & JM Liles (1 yr. left at 4.2) for Boston's 1st, & Wheeler, plus.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tuckerw3. Show Tuckerw3's posts

Re: don't trade the Toronto pick, deal with the Avs.

too much salary i think and even if not Hejduk has never been that much of a producer and I dont think this addresses the Bruins needs

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

ESPN's Rumour Centre comes on this board as a source....

Hejduk has never produced?  You mean the guy who had 50 goals in 02-03?  Is he a lesser player now?  Sure.  He's 35 as of yesterday.  He's still putting up 23-30 goals on a weak Avs team.  He's their second leading scorer.  Think of him as Satan Plus.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Hejduk is ok, but I don't recall him having that much speed left.

In Response to Re: don't trade the Toronto pick, deal with the Avs.:
    [QUOTE]ESPN's Rumour Centre comes on this board as a source.... Hejduk has never produced?  You mean the guy who had 50 goals in 02-03?  Is he a lesser player now?  Sure.  He's 35 as of yesterday.  He's still putting up 23-30 goals on a weak Avs team.  He's their second leading scorer.  Think of him as Satan Plus.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]espn's rumor central said the bruins wish list is brad richards and bosiogan, i wouldnt mind trading away TOR 1st rd for those two players
    Posted by bruinsCupiN09[/QUOTE]

heard on nhl network this morning that richards wasn't avalaible.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

No ThanxMoney mouth

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Hejduk would be a nice pickup, as would Liles, and I don't think they would cost the farm either.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

[QUOTE]ESPN's Rumour Centre comes on this board as a source.... Hejduk has never produced?  You mean the guy who had 50 goals in 02-03?  Is he a lesser player now?  Sure.  He's 35 as of yesterday.  He's still putting up 23-30 goals on a weak Avs team.  He's their second leading scorer.  Think of him as Satan Plus.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

What would this board be without you BB. There are so many uninformed postings, and then there is you. Well thought out, and very well articulated. Okay, I have a man crush on you. It is just so difficult reading these postings that are not based on fact, or their opinion is knee-jerk reaction, and not given to any thought of the bigger picture, like Cap space, or 'why-on-god's-green-earth-would-the-other-team-make-that-trade. 
    "Would you trade Hamill for Crosby?"

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Hejdjuk is 35 years old ..and he has slowed down ..why would the Bruins want another babyboomer on the roster ??? We have Recchi

Please ...get Duchesne or someone else ...

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 (as long as PC doenst listen to the fans)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from flave36. Show flave36's posts

If this is fantasy hockey deals, Chris Stewart is the guy you want.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I'm not sure what the Avs really have to offer, but I do agree with the ntoion that teams are overpaying and the Bruins shouldn't deal the Toronto pick now, when the value of it will be so much high at the draft.  I think the B's need to see what they can get for their 1st rounder, Wheeler, and a prospect.  If the market is totally bare, the Bruins need to make the hard decision to stand pat.  I think Philly and Nashville both overpaid.

As far as the Avs, Hejduk is slow but he has sick hands and a great shot.  Needs to be set up though and isn't going to carry the puck, not the best option for the Bruins.  Duchene and Stastny are totally off the table, no question.  Liles is a glorified Matt Hunwick -- good offensively, bad defensively.  Maybe David Jones would be available, or possibly Peter Mueller coming back from a concussion...not too much there though...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I wonder if the Avs would let go Chris Stewart ???

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Let's face it, the B's might not have the team to challenge for the Cup this year.  Perhaps, the Toronto pick will bring in that top defenseman they've been looking for?

Richards is a UFA on July1.  Do you want to rent him for that player?

At some point, the players the team has (on their current roster) are going to have to step up.