Doug Hamilton = Larry Murphy

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Re: Doug Hamilton = Larry Murphy

Dougie Hamilton  = 1.75 x Larry Murphy

Larry Murphy would love to have had the career that Dougie Hamilton will have.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Wheatskins' comment:

Dougie Hamilton  = 1.75 x Larry Murphy

Larry Murphy would love to have had the career that Dougie Hamilton will have.

A hall of fame career and cup rings.  I don't think Murphy can top his own career.  

i don't see the similarities at all.  Maybe on ice vision.  But Larry Murphy looks like he's skating in quicksand.  While Hamilton is big and extremely mobile.    

I got ripped over Neil last night.  Am I bizarro world?   Someone gonna touch on this.  Please

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

Yeah, I wasn't talking about the skating, but the vision, frame, on ice IQ, passing, and a right handed shot.

I agree Hamilton is a much better skater. 

Anyway, I am just saying, if this team just added a Larry Murphy type D Man, then the days of pining for a puck moving offensive minded guy who could be responsible on the back end, are over.

Nice luxury.

He's gonna be very fun to watch.  he's got a canon back there as well.  still believe we need to add a dman before deadline.  How about hamrlick.  He's been benched a lot in Washington.  pick him with Chimera

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Yeah, I wasn't talking about the skating, but the vision, frame, on ice IQ, passing, and a right handed shot.

Anyway, I am just saying, if this team just added a Larry Murphy type D Man, then the days of pining for a puck moving offensive minded guy who could be responsible on the back end, are over.

Nice luxury.

He's gonna be very fun to watch.  he's got a canon back there as well.  still believe we need to add a dman before deadline.  How about hamrlick.  He's been benched a lot in Washington.  pick him with Chimera

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Its amazing how fast he has adapted to the NHL ...he is smart with the puck for such a young age...Defenseman is a tough position ...thanks again to Burke for this trade..Wow

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

No disrespect to Murphy he was a great, great player. However take him of the lethal powerplays of Pittsburgh and Detroit, he doesn't have allot of his stats.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Nice luxury.

Glad you clarified the skating element.  I still have vivid memories of Murphy's days as a Leaf in the mid 90's when he was nicknamed "Pylon" Murphy and booed mercilessly by Leaf fans as though he played for the visitors. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Not nit picking but his Cap Kings days were also solid.  His claim to fame for me like most was Pitt and Detroit.  But I give credit to that slow mofo for having a brilliant career for a guy that seldom got much credit.  He's amongst the highest scoring dmen of all time.  

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

Nice luxury.

Glad you clarified the skating element.  I still have vivid memories of Murphy's days as a Leaf in the mid 90's when he was nicknamed "Pylon" Murphy and booed mercilessly by Leaf fans as though he played for the visitors. 

Again, was never a Murphy fan, but I am trying to figure out what right handed D Man had a quick imprint so soon. I mean, he's 19!

I seriously cannot think of a right handed D Man with that kind of passing skill and on ice presence.

Murphy had 76 points as a rookie in the early 1980s.   He may not have been a good skater, but he could pass and see the ice from the back end.

It's why I posed the question. Can anyone name a right handed D Man as mature as this so early?

Adam Foote evolved into a nice 2 way D Man, but seriously. It's a short list the last 30 years if you rack your brain. Shea Weber.

I think we are all thrilled with his game thus far.  How about we let Hamilton be Hamilton.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

It's why I posed the question. Can anyone name a right handed D Man as mature as this so early?

Adam Foote evolved into a nice 2 way D Man, but seriously. It's a short list the last 30 years if you rack your brain. Shea Weber.

[/QUOTE]

What about Tyler Myers in his rookie year? 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

No disrespect to Murphy he was a great, great player. However take him of the lethal powerplays of Pittsburgh and Detroit, he doesn't have allot of his stats.

He didn't last very long with the Toronto Maple Laffs, and he was run out of town.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to Wheatskins's comment:

He didn't last very long with the Toronto Maple Laffs, and he was run out of town.

Wheats - You must remember how he got booed every time he touched the puck by the home crowd.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In response to RockScully's comment:

I seriously cannot think of a right handed D Man with that kind of passing skill and on ice presence.

Murphy had 76 points as a rookie in the early 1980s.   He may not have been a good skater, but he could pass and see the ice from the back end.

Another former Ice Dog Pietrangelo is good and has been for awhile now. He only turned 23 last week and already has 104 points in 183 games. Not bad numbers considering he was playing in the 2010 OHL playoffs.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Not saying their games can't be similair for this reason, but for me Hamilton is just too tall to remind me of Larry Murphy.

He doesn't remind me of anyone.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Yes, RHO, I remember. The Leaf fans meant every boo thrown at him. It was almost sadistic.

Wheats - You must remember how he got booed every time he touched the puck by the home crowd.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Yes, RHO, I remember. The Leafs fans meant every boo thrown at him. It was almost sadistic.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

True, but he was also very productive in the mid late 80s with the Caps after arriving from LA.

I was never a big fan of Murphy. Again, I am just trying to see how some might see a young, right handed defenseman who looks very calm and contained.

I can certainly see that and agree.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I just sit here hoping that we're not seeing a hot streak.  I hope this is what we'll get all season long, because I'm a little stunned at how smooth and effective he's been, in every way.  It's awesome.

Anyone wanna talk about Kessel?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

I'm in agreement with the comparison to Pietrangelo. Mirror images with their play in St. Catharines.  Pietrangelo more physical then Dougie in junior.

First Pietrangelo, then Dougie. We have been blessed with defensemen that are fun to watch in Niagara.