Dougie Hamilton Question?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Dougie Hamilton Question?

For those that watch/follow the OHL on a regular basis, has Dougie been as dominant as his numbers suggest?

Through 26gp he is 11-30-41.  He is tied for 6th in scoring and on a 100 point pace.  I know it was a pretty big deal when Ellis cleared 100 points last year, but Dougie is still 18 as compared to 19-20 for Ellis. 

Is there any chance that Dougie is starting to outgrow the OHL, and after the WJC, could end up with a shot with the B's?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: Dougie Hamilton Question?

Good questions Crowls.  One poster with the horseshoe up....here gets to watch almost all the OHL games can elaborate.
    What I do hear how often are props as being the best player that night and/or in the super series how dominant he was.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Check with @RyanHPscout, he doesn't seem to have a high opinion of Hamilton. Kirk Luedeke is good too, he's got his blog and is on twitter @kluedeke29

In Response to Dougie Hamilton Question?:
    [QUOTE]For those that watch/follow the OHL on a regular basis, has Dougie been as dominant as his numbers suggest? Through 26gp he is 11-30-41.  He is tied for 6th in scoring and on a 100 point pace.  I know it was a pretty big deal when Ellis cleared 100 points last year, but Dougie is still 18 as compared to 19-20 for Ellis.  Is there any chance that Dougie is starting to outgrow the OHL, and after the WJC, could end up with a shot with the B's?
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

he won't play in boston this year. the bruins won't give up a year of his entry level contract for half a season

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Hey, I wonder, what if the Bruins could get a good rental if the trade involved Hamilton?  Would you do it?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Dougie Hamilton Question?:[QUOTE]Hey, I wonder, what if the Bruins could get a good rental if the trade involved Hamilton?  Would you do it?
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Rutherford would give PC Kaberle...what do you think ?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Dougie Hamilton Question?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dougie Hamilton Question? : Rutherford would give PC Kaberle...what do you think ?
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

You got me to laugh.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lereve77. Show lereve77's posts

[QUOTE]Hey, I wonder, what if the Bruins could get a good rental if the trade involved Hamilton?  Would you do it?
    No way! They have other chips that they could play. They cannot give up their one and only D prospect. If they got a stud D-man that they could re-sign maybe.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

Great question, Crowls...

Can someone answer this?  I've been wondering this for awhile...

I wish I could guage it better...

The only thing I could think of is comparing his projected numbers to Seguin's numbers before he made the jump to the big boy league...

Seguin had 106 points for Plymouth I believe so if Dougie is on pace for 100 points as a D man, that must be absurd I would think...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]For those that watch/follow the OHL on a regular basis, has Dougie been as dominant as his numbers suggest? Through 26gp he is 11-30-41.  He is tied for 6th in scoring and on a 100 point pace.  I know it was a pretty big deal when Ellis cleared 100 points last year, but Dougie is still 18 as compared to 19-20 for Ellis.  Is there any chance that Dougie is starting to outgrow the OHL, and after the WJC, could end up with a shot with the B's?

The B's are 13-0-1 over their last 14 games.  They aren't messing with anything.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Dougie Hamilton Question? : The B's are 13-0-1 over their last 14 games.  They aren't messing with anything.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Asked for opinions of people that have seen him play.

Asked if folks thought he might have a cameo opportunity with Boston after the WJC. 

Not sure what the 13-0-1 streak has to do with either, unless you are suggesting that the Bruins are not likely to lose again and/or will have no injuries to address.  Take a moment to look into that Crystal Ball of yours and let me know what the Powerball numbers are this week, will you?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Hamilton will finish his year in Juniors. There is no need to rush him, and it's possible that Chiarelli could add an experienced D man, but it's questionable who he would move at this point.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

They wouldn't even consider bringing him up this year. They don't want him having early season jitters late in the season and throwing the team off. No dice.
    They wouldn't move their #1 prospect, unless it was for a 35-40 goal scoring winger in a straight-up trade. If any of their top prospects are going anywhere, it will likely be Spooner, Sauve, Arniel, etc. They're heavy on forward prospects, but low on legitimate (#1 or #2 defensement) prospects. They have a bunch of 4-6 guys in the AHL, but none with nearly as much upside as Dougie. But they DO have a bunch of guys in the AHL/juniors with 1st line upside and legitimate 2nd/3rd line futures.

Hoping that Dougie makes it up to the B's next year, but if the B's don't think he's ready, I don't want him yet either.
    However, he'll be ready by 2013 at the absolute latest. Either his defensive game or his offensive game will be ready at that point, and if both develop to fulfill his potential....watch out, league.

Ryan Murphy? Seems like Dougie has just as much offensive upside.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

My question is after this season - next season.  I think Hamilton will have outgrown juniors (ok, I just struck a nerve with a welding mallet for Dez and Chowda).  Despite his limited playing time, I think Seguin really benefitted by being in the NHL last year.

I think it's best for your development if you play in a league above your ability.

Hamilton will still be too young to play in the ahl, my guesswork: 10 20 ahl games before going to the nhl.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]My question is after this season - next season.  I think Hamilton will have outgrown juniors (ok, I just struck a nerve with a welding mallet for Dez and Chowda).  Despite his limited playing time, I think Seguin really benefitted by being in the NHL last year. I think it's best for your development if you play in a league above your ability. Hamilton will still be too young to play in the ahl, my guesswork: 10 20 ahl games before going to the nhl.
    I wish the rules would allow Hamilton to play in the AHL next year but it's OHL or NHL for him. I really hope he makes the team.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

With the season in the bag, knowing where your seeding is and you want to see how he plays for about 10-12 minutes ? Sure Crowls I'd throw him out their with Ference. I remember how Julien threw McQuaid with out with AF then watching the tutelage on the bench till the next shift.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]My question is after this season - next season.  I think Hamilton will have outgrown juniors (ok, I just struck a nerve with a welding mallet for Dez and Chowda).  Despite his limited playing time, I think Seguin really benefitted by being in the NHL last year. I think it's best for your development if you play in a league above your ability. Hamilton will still be too young to play in the ahl, my guesswork: 10 20 ahl games before going to the nhl.

You should wait til your one day of viewing him next year at prospect camp before giving your opinion ( like Camara ). Until then, these bruins8-like comments ( nerve striker ) are as valuable as your comments post draft of Spooner and Knight.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

This question and subsequent comments has been beaten to death in past discussions. Your answer lies in the agreement between the NHL and CHL.

Your welcome and Hamilton outgrowing the OHL ? Badhab seems to have that answer covered.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Dougie Hamilton Question? : This question and subsequent comments has been beaten to death in past discussions. Your answer lies in the agreement between the NHL and CHL. Your welcome and Hamilton outgrowing the OHL ? Badhab seems to have that answer covered.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

Great, thanks for stopping in and reading the thread, yet posting nothing of value.  Job well done. 

Scoreless in his last two games and still on a 100 point pace. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dougie Hamilton Question? : Great, thanks for stopping in and reading the thread, yet posting nothing of value.  Job well done.  Scoreless in his last two games and still on a 100 point pace. 

"after the WJC, could end up with a shot with the B's?"

Get to know your hockey before asking an uneducated question and expecting something of value in return. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dougie Hamilton Question? :  "after the WJC, could end up with a shot with the B's?" Get to know your hockey before asking an uneducated question and expecting something of value in return.                                                   
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

The entire crux of the thread acknowledges my lack of knowledge on the OHL, that's why I started it.  I was hoping to be educated, looks like you choose to try to embarrass.  You know more about this topic than I do, so the opportunity would be help people understand what you know.  Instead, you swing by, puff out your chest, and add zero value.

You want to pick a fight Chowda, I am happy to engage.  To my recollection, this didn't go so well for you the last time, am I off on that?  Seems like you disappeared for several weeks/months if my memory serves me correct, returning with your tail tucked between your legs.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 54BLITZER. Show 54BLITZER's posts

[QUOTE]Hey, I wonder, what if the Bruins could get a good rental if the trade involved Hamilton?  Would you do it?

NOT A FREEK'N CHANE!!! R U SERIOUS??? THIS KID IS THE NEXT RAY BOURQUE!!! JUST THINK, SEGUIN, HAMILTON AND KNIGHT FOR KESSEL!!! THIS TRADE AT THE END OF THE DAY IS GOING TO MAKE BARRY PEDERSON FOR NEELY AND A FIRST PICK, ALAH GLEN WESLEY LOOK ALMOST INVISIBLE!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dougie Hamilton Question? : NOT A FREEK'N CHANE!!! R U SERIOUS??? THIS KID IS THE NEXT RAY BOURQUE!!! JUST THINK, SEGUIN, HAMILTON AND KNIGHT FOR KESSEL!!! THIS TRADE AT THE END OF THE DAY IS GOING TO MAKE BARRY PEDERSON FOR NEELY AND A FIRST PICK, ALAH GLEN WESLEY LOOK ALMOST INVISIBLE!!!
    Posted by 54BLITZER[/QUOTE]

Me too.  Chowda will love this, but for the 3 hours (not a whole day as he suggested)  I watched him at prospect camp I was very impressed.  I think he's the real deal.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dougie Hamilton Question? : The entire crux of the thread acknowledges my lack of knowledge on the OHL, that's why I started it.  I was hoping to be educated, looks like you choose to try to embarrass.  You know more about this topic than I do, so the opportunity would be help people understand what you know.  Instead, you swing by, puff out your chest, and add zero value. You want to pick a fight Chowda, I am happy to engage.  To my recollection, this didn't go so well for you the last time, am I off on that?  Seems like you disappeared for several weeks/months if my memory serves me correct, returning with your tail tucked between your legs.

"Obviously, I care or I wouldn't have posted it.

Thanks for your opinion."

-------------
    The last time I gave my opinion on a topic with you ( Saturday ) a smart alec reply was sent back my way. Am I supposed to be cordial with you after your tough guy routine ? Go F yourself. You also tried to do the embarrassing with NAS on this thread because of a simple comment he made.( crystal ball , powerball ) You are a hypocrite ! A fight seems to be what YOU want with both of us.

The rest of your post is just reincarnated mumblings . Enjoy your Hamilton thread and maybe you'll see him after the WJC. If you haven't figured that out yet you'll have to watch the OHL for that.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dougie Hamilton Question? : Me too.  Chowda will love this, but for the 3 hours (not a whole day as he suggested)  I watched him at prospect camp I was very impressed.  I think he's the real deal.

Hamilton's skating needs work . From what I hear it wasn't very good for those 3 hours.