Down on Krejci

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Down on Krejci

Yeah, I know.  They won the Cup with him as the center of the top line.  I know.

Now that we've established that:

I'm really down on Krejci lately.  As I was watching the game yesterday, I was trying to remember the last time he did something impressive.  I couldn't.  With Horton and Lucic always primed to shoot and score, an upgrade at center would put this team into a different category all together.  I believe he is the main culprit behind the miserable powerplay.  Or, maybe he's not the reason it stinks, but he sure isn't helping the powerplay succeed.

It's almost December.  He as three goals and seven assists.  That's two more goals and five more assists than SHAWN THORNTON.

Maybe he's hurt.  Maybe he's done.  Maybe he'll snap out of it.  Maybe he needs to play on a different line or a different team.

I'd love to see what the stats of Lucic and Horton would look like if Seguin were to play between them for a month.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Re: Down on Krejci

I can't argue with this post, he has been less than impressive this year.

I am not opposed to moving him for a wing or d-man, with Seguin moving to the top center spot.  If not now, when?  With DK being a pending RFA, seems like it could happen.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

if i was PC i'd be more in a hurry to get pending ufa Kelly signed and take my chances with Krejci after the season....

i also think Seguin's future's as a center....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

And with Kelly certainly looking to lock an extension up as the 3rd line center and centers a plentiful in the OHL coming in next year. You have to think why wouldn't Chiarelli put feelers out for an expiring contract winger and a prospect or some pics ?

We have seen that PC is very patient (last couple of years anyways) he could decide to let Krejci do his usual spring madness then look to deal him at the draft to someone. If the deal is right do it but PC may have already decided he's keeping #46. I'm babbling I can't guess anymore...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: Down on Krejci:
    [QUOTE]And with Kelly certainly looking to lock an extension up as the 3rd line center and centers a plentiful in the OHL coming in next year. You have to think why wouldn't Chiarelli put feelers out for an expiring contract winger and a prospect or some pics ? We have seen that PC is very patient (last couple of years anyways) he could decide to let Krejci do his usual spring madness then look to deal him at the draft to someone. If the deal is right do it but PC may have already decided he's keeping #46. I'm babbling I can't guess anymore...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Your new found love of Kelly gives me goosebumps. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Down on Krejci:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Down on Krejci : Your new found love of Kelly gives me goosebumps. Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Easy with the excitement episodes kid...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Meh.  He hasn't been good.  And yeah, it sure looks like Kelly is a more important conversation - how much?! how long!?  Golly!  But I'm not overly concerned about Krejci.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Really ?  did we need another thread on Krejci ?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

This thread is about his play, not so much about what he will sign for or what he could fetch in a trade. His numbers are bad but I don't really have a big problem with his play. He could be better, but I think that's partly because of his early season injury and partly because the passion isn't there. He's a classic playoff type guy, and like Ryder those guys can look a bit lethargic during season play at times. I'm a fan of DK, I hope they keep him around if he can be extended at a reasonable price. I actually kind of like his poor play because I hope it brings his price down. We know what he can do when he's engaged, so if a slump makes him cheaper I say great.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Really ?  did we need another thread on Krejci ?
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Show me another one with similar content and I'll apologize.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Down on Krejci : Show me another one with similar content and I'll apologize.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

I'm not asking you to apologize but there are at least two others that mention his poor play and trade talk.
    Not exactly the same but similar.  You could have commented on those.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

No doubt he's been sub-par. I wonder why?
    He seems to be skating OK. He seems real weak on the puck though, losing more battles than he should. Not that he is a great possession guy, but something is certainly amiss with his decision making. He can't seem to get a pass through. Is it laziness? Has he become Michael Glyder-esque? I think a healthy scratch might light a fire under him, unfortunately that means rotating out 3 new lines, so it won't happen.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Alright , I'll input here.
    If the team was losing I'de be worried , right now they've won 11 out of 12 and got points in these last 12 games.
    The focus from other teams is starting to go to Bergeron's line. We might start seeing Krejci get it going. Horton also on that line looks like he 'll start scoring again and his bad stint has nothing to do with Krejci, he's gotten him the puck for some good scoring chances. Just hasn't buried them.
    I'm not worried at the moment.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SEABASS2013. Show SEABASS2013's posts

[QUOTE]Alright , I'll input here. If the team was losing I'de be worried , right now they've won 11 out of 12 and got points in these last 12 games. The focus from other teams is starting to go to Bergeron's line. We might start seeing Krejci get it going. Horton also on that line looks like he 'll start scoring again and his bad stint has nothing to do with Krejci, he's gotten him the puck for some good scoring chances. Just hasn't buried them. I'm not worried at the moment.

There is huge value in Krejci, the key to being a succesful NHLer
    is what you do in the playoffs, he is proven, if he doesn't get hurt
    thanks to that swine richards they may have consecutive cups!

resigning for a good price is a must based on the talent that will
    need to get paid soon!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Down on Krejci : There is huge value in Krejci, the key to being a succesful NHLer is what you do in the playoffs, he is proven, if he doesn't get hurt thanks to that swine richards they may have consecutive cups! resigning for a good price is a must based on the talent that will need to get paid soon!
    Posted by SEABASS2013[/QUOTE]
    If DK got hurt before Sturm would we all be claiming Sturm was the reason we didn't win. How about the fact we'd lost Seidenberg to injury too. I really think the DK injury was just the straw that broke the camel's back. No more, no less.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

I also wonder about his longterm health but I guess any player is one shot from being down the road savy is. Its frustrating because I am not sure if any of you watched him in the last olympics be he looked awsome and then you wonder why don't we see that much with the bruins. Sometimes I wonder if Krejci would be better off if he got more selfish and shot more pucks instead of always looking to pass. I wouldn't lose sleep if he was traded but I just don't know if the returnn would be worth it since Krejci is having a bad season.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Down on Krejci : If DK got hurt before Sturm would we all be claiming Sturm was the reason we didn't win. How about the fact we'd lost Seidenberg to injury too. I really think the DK injury was just the straw that broke the camel's back. No more, no less.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I think it was just a combo of way to many injuries and I think they missed seidenberg the most in those playoffs. Tuukka also I think was tired and running on fumes by the end of the series.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Down on Krejci : I think it was just a combo of way to many injuries and I think they missed seidenberg the most in those playoffs. Tuukka also I think was tired and running on fumes by the end of the series.
    Posted by LUCICmilan17[/QUOTE]
    That's the player I thought was the key.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

I, personally, am not worried about Krejci. He always comes around - usually by mid February.

He will also re-sign with Boston because he doesn't want to go anywhere else, unless he is forced to.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

If Horton and Lucic could put a brick in the ocean then Krejci's numbers would increase.

The line had spells last year just like this one.  They'll work it out. 

If I'm PC no way do I trade Krecji this year.  Wait for the season to end and then evaluate needs.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Alright , I'll input here. If the team was losing I'de be worried , right now they've won 11 out of 12 and got points in these last 12 games. The focus from other teams is starting to go to Bergeron's line. We might start seeing Krejci get it going. Horton also on that line looks like he 'll start scoring again and his bad stint has nothing to do with Krejci, he's gotten him the puck for some good scoring chances. Just hasn't buried them. I'm not worried at the moment.

There are at least two other threads with similar topics.  You could have commented there.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Down on Krejci : There are at least two other threads with similar topics.  You could have commented there.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    And what a lewd title.....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Down on Krejci : I'm not asking you to apologize but there are at least two others that mention his poor play and trade talk. Not exactly the same but similar.  You could have commented on those.

I don't keep up with all of the threads.  I rarely even open a thread when I don't recognize the OP.  If you're referring to the "What to offer Krejci" thread, well, I didn't open it and I didn't read it.  I would guess, considering the headline, it's about contract talks with Krejci.  I've never heard of the OP, so I don't care what that OP thinks.

This thread isn't about contract talks.  It's about the incredibly poor production from the center of the top line.  I don't see that as redundant, do you?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

I would be more worried if he was the only go to guy we have but hes not.  Best think for the B's is for him to have an average year so he doesnt price himself out fo Boston.  He comes through when it counts.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I'm not worried about Krejci at all. The talent is definately there. He's going against the other team's best D. Playing through an injury maybe? Other guys have had slumps and we don't bail on them.