Draft picks for Kessel shake out

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Draft picks for Kessel shake out

+1 Stanley Cup, -1 Stanley Cup.

Eriksson, Smith, Hamilton and Knight:

Eriksson - Concussion magnet, grinder, JAG.

Smith - Better than Seguin in alot of area's, more consistent.

Hamilton - Longway to go.

Knight - Injury prone, AHL 2nd line forward.

Tyler Toffoli - On fiyah!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Re: Draft picks for Kessel shake out

In response to bim09's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You forgot Matt Fraser, Morrow

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Well this thread was aimed at two posters we know. With all of mega trolls assertions about Seguin, the Bruins should have won last years cup. Right ?

So the point is Boston wins the  2013 cup with Kessel and Toffoli ?

or PC still doesn't draft well ? Or both ?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well this thread was aimed at two posters we know. With all of mega trolls assertions about Seguin, the Bruins should have won last years cup. Right ?

So the point is Boston wins the  2013 cup with Kessel and Toffoli ?

or PC still doesn't draft well ? Or both ?

[/QUOTE]

We came close to winning the cup, a few minutes cost the bruins a 7th and deciding game. This season top team in the west chicago and the east the bruins.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hamilton will be the d man for the bruins future and erikson getting 2 head shots in the last month can't use that as judgement call. But for Smith oh yeah so far so good.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

I'll take Smith and Hamilton for Kessel any day.  

I like watching Kessel, and yes we miss him in terms of scoring, speed and his ability to open up space.  But it's clear that his style wouldn't work for the Bs.  And the problem is that if he's the big scorer on a team, and making the big money, who do you think the new players are going to emulate?  That's why we're better off without hiim.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Ergoetal's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I like watching Kessel, and yes we miss him in terms of scoring, speed and his ability to open up space.  But it's clear that his style wouldn't work for the Bs.  And the problem is that if he's the big scorer on a team, and making the big money, who do you think the new players are going to emulate?  That's why we're better off without hiim.

[/QUOTE]

Oh my.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Hamilton long way to go? He's been phenomenal this year at the age of 20. So, as I see it, the trade works out as follows 

Phil Kessel for:

A stanley cup

Dougie Hamilton, a 20 year old d man that to me looks like he could be a number one d man.

Loui Eriksson, a guy that has not clicked with the Bs but is an excellent two way forward capable of scoring 70 points (he had 71 points in the last full NHL season).

Reilly Smith - a 22 year old looking to be around a 60 point guy that plays a two way game in his first full NHL season.

Jared Knight. a prospect with quite a way to go. 

Joe Morrow - A pretty high level blue line prospect. 

Matt Fraser - a pretty good prospect

3.25 million in cap room (if we're being honest, Peverley was just a contract we wanted to get rid of)

and unfortunately we lost out on ryan button. 

ya. i'll take that. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I would assume your in the minorty here, even in this forum.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I would assume your in the minorty here, even in this forum.

[/QUOTE]

In 2-3 years if Hamilton shapes up into a top pairing D man I think he's right. As of today, he's dead wrong. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

I don't know that we can claim Erikson as a 70 pt guy in the boston system.  I see him as a 50-60 point guy.  not that that is bad, that is what all of our forwards put up, I just don't see him ever hitting 70 considering Krecji, Lucic, Horton etc. don't even make it to that level and from what I see Erikson is no better than any of them offensively.

I think Smith is going to be another 60 pt guy before too long

In the end it fits the B's system which typically is to have two lines with 60 pt wings/65 pt centers, a third line that puts up 30-50 per player and a fourth line that can grind and provide energy.

Seguin had the potential to be the first Bruin with 90+ points since Savard, but we would have had to go with a more inexperienced 3rd line to make the cap on a regular basis ---- a riskier path; sometimes that will pay off, other times (like last year) it doesn't work out

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to Chappy28's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't know that we can claim Erikson as a 70 pt guy in the boston system.  I see him as a 50-60 point guy.  not that that is bad, that is what all of our forwards put up, I just don't see him ever hitting 70 considering Krecji, Lucic, Horton etc. don't even make it to that level and from what I see Erikson is no better than any of them offensively.

In the end it fits the B's system which typically is to have two lines with 60 pt wings/65 pt centers, a third line that puts up 30-50 per player and a fourth line that can grind and provide energy.

Seguin had the potential to be the first Bruin with 90+ points since Savard, but we would have had to go with a more inexperienced 3rd line to make the cap on a regular basis ---- a riskier path; sometimes that will pay off, other times (like last year) it doesn't work out

[/QUOTE]

the salary cap had nothing to do with trading seguin. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I loved that Savard, Kessel, Lucic line.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I loved that Savard, Kessel, Lucic line.

[/QUOTE]

I agree that line had it all, I wonder what it would like today.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

The salary cap WAS a major reason for trading Seguin but obviously not the only reason. Seguin made $900,000 last season compared to the approximately $5.75 million per season he will make over the next six years. Personal and professional issues which he refused to acknowledge and how they affected his (play off) performance were the others. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If kessel were a bruin going into playoffs might as well just mail us the cup. What for though I mean 1 cup is enough who needs more- right? 

[/QUOTE]

Stop it already.  That's pure speculation.  And what did your Kessel do against the Canes in the playoffs when he was a Bruin?  bupkiss.  Most all of his playoff goals with the Bruins came in the series where they swept the Habs clean.

FACT - the won the cup without Kessel.  And they won the cup without your advice.  And they went to the finals last year.

Again.  Tell me what players you think are built for the playoffs and which are built for the regular season.  And if you say Seguin, you're joking.  And if you say Kessel, you're deluding yourself.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bad hab 

Ok first off picking a series the Canes un which kessel did score 2 Is an attempt at justification a poor one at that- pls see his amazing playoff record You expect him to shine In every series - u serious . And What was his age?  And how about the cuff injury that sidelined  him for what 3 months. 

Did toews dominate in playoffs last  year

Get RId of crosby Malkin cuz they did nothing against bruins last year. They won the cup get true but it took a year after the trade to realize that the devil wasn't the answer So we get horton and marchand play put offence

On track along with one killer game from seguin

If u think kessel isn't built for either the reg season or playoffs. Begin watching the nhl. As far as seguin you have crucified him because of 1 playoff . He's 21 many more  years to go

[/QUOTE]

oh please.  this is so lame.  how many times are you going to go over the same ground again and again and again?

What you are saying is that you can build for the future and have a cup contending team at the same time.  So who's doing that?  The Leafs?  The Stars?

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I just don't like Phil Kessel.  Sorry.  I think he's a guy who can completely dominate bad teams and can be completely dominated by good teams.  Last year's playoffs was not, to my mind, Kessel raising his level of play.  He has, to my surprise, been much more effective over the last few years.  He has also showed signs this year that his habit of disappearing and sending his team into a tailspin isn't going away.  I'm glad he's not a Bruin, and I don't have to feel guilty about that because they won a Cup essentially with players they acquired with the cap space and picks moving him brought in.  As for the Kessel trade having any bearing on the Chicago series, I think the Oates, Tocchet, Ranford trade was more germane to the Bruins losing that series.  Boy, could they have used Adam Oates and Rick Tocchet.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Madhouse27. Show Madhouse27's posts

I didn't even need to past Hamilton to feel good about all of this. 

25. This post has been removed.