Drury done...was it him PC was talking about

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Re: Drury done...was it him PC was talking about

Absolutely not.  He was due a new deal at the end of the year and had threatened to sit out the next season unless his new contract was what he deserved.  The Blues didn't think he was that important to Hull, and could replace him with Janny.  They were wrong.

In Response to Re: Drury done...was it him PC was talking about:
    [QUOTE]Speaking of not honoring contracts, didn't Adam Oates renege on a signed contract with the Blues ? If i remember correctly, thats how he became a Bruin ?
    Posted by 50belowzero[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

O.K, thanks for the refresher. For some reason i thought he had signed a deal in the off season but when he saw what other players were getting after he had signed he wanted to rework the deal. Hull offered to pony up some of his salary but St. Louis management wouldn't budge. I guess i'm confusing his negotiations with someone else or maybe its just old age.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

Forget Chris Drury.  Move on.  We need a roster that wins the Cup, not our hearts.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Drury done...was it him PC was talking about : Twice he signed contracts that he refused to finish.  Anyone who holds out twice is unethical in my book.  Really, anyone who holds out once is, but twice is just absurd.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

A fair point on the contracts.  Some guys play long enough, and well enough, that people forget their unethical negotiations.  I don't begrudge Wheeler for refusing to take a contract, although I think to patently refuse to play for the team you are drafted by is a shady tactic that undermines the parity of the game (see: Elway, Lindros, JD Drew).

Back on point, I was even more curious about the non-hockey douchiness from Tkachuk.  Was he a bum off the ice?  I always naively imagined he would be a cool guy.  Got nothing to back that up though.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Missed this story about PC talking about anyone, what was said?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

[QUOTE]Anyone got other guys for that list?  Shoulda been a Bruin but isn't?
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

Drury was definitely on that list for me.  Others include: Shane Doane, Jerome Iginla, Stevie Y, Rob Blake, and Peter Forsberg.  And being a UMaine fan I'll add Paul Kariya.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Drury done...was it him PC was talking about : Twice he signed contracts that he refused to finish.  Anyone who holds out twice is unethical in my book.  Really, anyone who holds out once is, but twice is just absurd.

It still takes two parties to make an agreement. Unethical needs to be defined.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]I always wished for the following players to be a Bruin. Tony Amonte Jay Pandolfo Cory Schneider Keith Yandle Scott Young Ryan Whitney Bob Carpenter Tom Barrasso
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

Carpenter did play for the Bs.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RascalHoudi. Show RascalHoudi's posts

Brendan Shanahan should've been a Bruin!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

I was pretty psyched when Tkachuck showed up at the 2004 World Series in Red Sox gear even though he played for a St Louis team... a true Boston kid.

I wanted him as a B.

I wanted Camaleri when he was with LA.  That didnt work out.

I understood when the B's traded Dryden, but they knew better when they let Parent get away.  Ucch. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from northbruin. Show northbruin's posts

[QUOTE]To Hades with Keith Tkachuk.  What a complete jerk.  If you sign a contract, you play it out.  He held Phoenix hostage more than once. I used to hang out with (name withheld), so I would see Keith periodically.  He was just as much of a jerk as a person as he was in his role of 50 goal scorer, 200 PIM guy, 100% unethical.

Yes! And an absolut costly looser!