Early Bruins 2012-2013 Prospect Reports

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Re: Early Bruins 2012-2013 Prospect Reports

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

I have to say ross didn't skate well during the scuffle, good thing he landed on the Whale player. KoKo is on fire, kinda glad Windsor isn't going to make the playoffs that way Khokhlachev can join the PBruins when Windsor is done.

PS. AHL announcer "This certainly isn't a makeout party!" well done.

San, they're only 2 points out with a game in hand. It might have to wait a week or so.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

Koko with 3-pt game last night, now 5-5-10 in 6gp.

In Providence 4-1 win:

Spooner 0-2-2

Warsofsky 1-1-2

The game also had an interesting scrap @ 2:44 of the 3rd involving Providence heavyweights Tommy Cross and Ryan Button vs Whale toughguys Ryan Bourque and Sam Klassen.

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/115150

Didn't look like Cross wanted to fight ( holding stick with gloves on ) until Bourque wrestled him to the ice.

Good thing for his movie star looks that Bourque's a pipsqueak.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

KoKo is on fire, kinda glad Windsor isn't going to make the playoffs that way Khokhlachev can join the PBruins when Windsor is done.

PS. AHL announcer "This certainly isn't a makeout party!" well done.

San, they're only 2 points out with a game in hand. It might have to wait a week or so.

At .500 ? wow....well since the Windsor goalie isn't a Bruins prospect. May he pull a Brian Leetch n step into an icy covered storm drain and lock his ankle up lol

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Another 3-point night for Camara.  His third 3-point game in his last 8 games, 4th multi-point game in his last 9.

Season-to-date: 37gp 27-22-49

Keeping with the "3" theme:

Torey Krug had a 3-point night on Friday (2-1-3) and added an assist last night.  Still modest numbers for the year: 32gp 5-7-12

Western Michigan's Colton Hargrove popped in 3 goals over the 2-game weekend series vs Michigan.  Better than doubles his goal/point output for the year, now 5-0-5 in 20gp.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"22 saves for Malcolm Subban tonight (last night) in 3-1 win over London. Subban now 18-8-3 with 2.11 GAA and .933 spct.

Cody Payne's 32 points in 46 gms is double his career-best 16 from last season. Floridian is making the most of his ice time in Plymouth.

Camara Now up to 27 goals, 49 pts in 37 games for Colts"

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Went to Providence Bruins Worcestrer Sharks last night.

P Bruins looked really good as a unit.  They were up 3-0 before I even got into the building (yes, busy drinking up the street).  I can't really say anyone made any impression on me that they hadn't already.  It seems like the better players are the same, but the bottom of the lineup has upped their game.

First time I've seen Svedberg play.

He made a huge impression on me.  OK, this is all normal goalie ritual stuff...  between periods he goes out near center ice and makes little twitches like imaginary saves.  Skates toward his own net and then sprints into the crease.

All normal goalie ritual stuff.   Except that if it wasn't normal goalie ritual stuff I have the impression that he would be doing that anyway.  As a matter of fact I have the impression if hockey wasn't invented he would have found a 4x6 cage, get some baseball catcher's equipment and get friend to try to throw rocks past him or something.

I can't point to anything specific, but I think he's stark raving nuts.

I understand why he opened the door on they guy now, somehow it makes more sense.

He doesn't say anything unusual in this interview, but just something about him makes me think he's out of his mind.

Yes, all goalies are nuts, but I think he's a special case.

This might work out well. I think he likes getting shot at.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I was just wondering ..everytime we play NYR  they have a big goon to fight Looch ...why dont we call  Bobby Robins from the P-Bruins for those games ...samething will happen with the LEafs with Colton Orr ...I think Robins has the size to handle those guys ...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

I was just wondering ..everytime we play NYR  they have a big goon to fight Looch ...why dont we call  Bobby Robins from the P-Bruins for those games ...samething will happen with the LEafs with Colton Orr ...I think Robins has the size to handle those guys ...

FWIW he didn't fight last night

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Hat Trick for Koko today.

OHL Season: 9gp 8-5-13

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

League's Top Rookie Goaltender to Make his All-Star Debut

Providence, RI
    - The Providence Bruins, in their 21st season in the American Hockey League, announced today that Niklas Svedberg has been selected at the starting goaltender of the Eastern Conference for the 2013 Dunkin' Donuts AHL All-Star Classic to be held in Providence Sunday and Monday, January 27 and 28. Svedberg, 23, has a 17-6-0-1 record in 26 games played for the Bruins this season. In 1526:50 minutes played,  the 6'1', 176-pound goaltender has recorded a 17-6-1-2 record and compiled a .921 save percentage and 2.32 goals-against-average. "

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

P Bruins looked really good as a unit.  They were up 3-0 before I even got into the building (yes, busy drinking up the street).  I can't really say anyone made any impression on me that they hadn't already.  It seems like the better players are the same, but the bottom of the lineup has upped their game.

He made a huge impression on me.  OK, this is all normal goalie ritual stuff...  between periods he goes out near center ice and makes little twitches like imaginary saves.  Skates toward his own net and then sprints into the crease.

All normal goalie ritual stuff.   Except that if it wasn't normal goalie ritual stuff I have the impression that he would be doing that anyway.  As a matter of fact I have the impression if hockey wasn't invented he would have found a 4x6 cage, get some baseball catcher's equipment and get friend to try to throw rocks past him or something.

I understand why he opened the door on they guy now, somehow it makes more sense.

He doesn't say anything unusual in this interview, but just something about him makes me think he's out of his mind.

Nice assessment. I am starting to think the guy is king weirdo from planet goalie as well. I mean that as a good thing.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

League's Top Rookie Goaltender to Make his All-Star Debut

Providence, RI
    - The Providence Bruins, in their 21st season in the American Hockey League, announced today that Niklas Svedberg has been selected at the starting goaltender of the Eastern Conference for the 2013 Dunkin' Donuts AHL All-Star Classic to be held in Providence Sunday and Monday, January 27 and 28. Svedberg, 23, has a 17-6-0-1 record in 26 games played for the Bruins this season. In 1526:50 minutes played,  the 6'1', 176-pound goaltender has recorded a 17-6-1-2 record and compiled a .921 save percentage and 2.32 goals-against-average. "

Cool.  Wasn't aware of his stats.  They very well could have another goalie here.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://ohlwriters.com/articles/cody-payne-is-the-bruins-unknown-prospect--2

Cody "bring the" Payne (yah that was corny...)

http://www.hockeyjournal.com/blog/kirks/From_NEHJ-_Bruins_Top_10_Prospects

Luedeke's updated Bruins top ten prospects. Matt Grzelcyk best offensive-defenseman in Hockey East....as a freshman. Torrey Krug on a tare lately for the PBruins!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Baby B's win 5-1 tonight over Albany.

Torey Krug (3rd star) on fire lately with another 1-1-2 line tonight.  Points in 4 straight, including 3 multi-point games for 3-5-8 over that span.

Spooner with 3 points (1-2-3 & 2nd Star) as well and also points in 4 straight (1-6-7).  Over his last 15gp, he is 4-13-17 with points in 12 of those games.

Sauve chipped with 2 goals too (1st Star), now 3-2-5 over his last 4gp.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Koko with a shootout goal. 

Camara with a game tying goal ( less then 2 minutes to go in the third ) and the shootout winner. 

Highlites here :

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/video/index/id/d131999e7be4d4a673d379f167829d74

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Torrey Krug and Ryan Spooner have been en fuego since early January. I'm lovin it!

PS. still no sign of Knight boo hoo

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Torey Krug (3rd star) on fire lately with another 1-1-2 line tonight.  Points in 4 straight, including 3 multi-point games for 3-5-8 over that span.

Spooner with 3 points (1-2-3 & 2nd Star) as well and also points in 4 straight (1-6-7).  Over his last 15gp, he is 4-13-17 with points in 12 of those games.

Krug is sort of a forgotten player for many B's fans.  Imagine if he can be solid as well!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I was concerned about the PBruins offense with Bourque and Tardif not in the game but was pleasantly happy upon looking at last nights scorecard thsi morning. And oh bonus Hutchinson gave Svedberg a breather with a win last night. Chiarelli has the Bs set up real well in the goaltending department for years to come.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

What did I say?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Svedberg gets his 2nd shutout of the year last night in Worcester. Five in row for ma Baby Bs!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Krug is sort of a forgotten player for many B's fans.  Imagine if he can be solid as well!

I would consider him our 8th Dman.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://bruins.nhl.com/v2/ext/media/2013/prospect_reports/0205_Prospect_Report.pdf

"The outstanding season continues for Malcolm Subban. He is 6-2 in his
    last eight games, and is second overall in the OHL with a .931 save percentage

CHL RANKINGS: The London Knights (No. 3) and the Barrie Colts(No. 8), who both boast Bruins' prospects, remained in the latest BMO CHL Top 10 released on January 30. The Knights, led by Seth Griffith,went 4-2-0 since the last Prospect Report and stayed put in the third spot, while the Colts (5-3-0), with Anthony Camara, moved up a spot. Griffith leads the Knights with 77 points (good for second in the OHL) and 31 goals in 51 games. Camara is fourth on the Colts with 50 points, but leads the team with 28 goals in 39 games."

Some highlights of the latest Bruins prospect report...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3-P_nlY8Ec

Matt Grzelcyk weaving, carving, darting through Northeasterns whole team last night during the Beanpot tourney.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=34854

"Lars Volden GK, 6 round pick 181 overall 2011 by Bruins 20 year old Volden playing 2012/2013 in Finland. Played for Norway (A) against Switzerland today (4-1) Saved 31 of 32 shots. "

Will be a nice one-two punch in Providence next season with Svedberg if he comes over.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=34854

"Lars Volden GK, 6 round pick 181 overall 2011 by Bruins 20 year old Volden playing 2012/2013 in Finland. Played for Norway (A) against Switzerland today (4-1) Saved 31 of 32 shots. "

Will be a nice one-two punch in Providence next season with Svedberg if he comes over.

Subban will be in Providence next year (Chowdahkid said so somewhere) ... unless he's in Boston.