Early Bruins 2012-2013 Prospect Reports

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Re: Early Bruins 2012-2013 Prospect Reports

In response to heyoo's comment:

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Everyone hold the line chowda watched half a game and says they were all easy shots. We should just put you in net then. If your allowing 31 shots a game your forwards and dmen are not playing much d. What stats you want to use how about +/-  if the forwards are scoring a lot and not allowing a lot of scoring opp then they should be through the roof. Hmm only one in the top 40 guess the forwards are not looking as great as you say. Ill watch a half game and get back to you with some more priceless...

The Bruins have no one in the top 75 in NHL scoring. Same thought process ? 

The bruins have three in the top 30 +/-, two of them in the top ten. 

Let's try this again. 

You said.

Hmm only one in the top 40 guess the forwards are not looking as great as you say.

I said.

This time with an answer involving points. Not plus/minus.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

Everyone hold the line chowda watched half a game and says they were all easy shots. We should just put you in net then. If your allowing 31 shots a game your forwards and dmen are not playing much d. What stats you want to use how about +/-  if the forwards are scoring a lot and not allowing a lot of scoring opp then they should be through the roof. Hmm only one in the top 40 guess the forwards are not looking as great as you say. Ill watch a half game and get back to you with some more priceless...

The bruins have three in the top 30 +/-, two of them in the top ten. 

Let's try this again. 

You said.

Hmm only one in the top 40 guess the forwards are not looking as great as you say.

I said.

This time with an answer involving points. Not plus/minus.

That whole paragraph is about plus/minus including the top 40 remark or did you just want to disregard the entire paragraph and pull one sentence out of context? The bulls have one forward in the top fourty of plus/minus which takes your original argument to the garbage disposal because it was trash. You said subban only performed so good bcs of the forwards?? They allow 31 shots a night and have one player that is a responsible two way player. What does the bruins having a top 75 scoring forward have anything to do with the bulls?? The bruins win bcs of a two way game not a top 75 scoring forward. Maybe you would know that if you watched more than half a game. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

@kluedeke29

"Another goal for Anthony Camara- his 33rd. Has 2 goals, 3 points in 3 games since coming back from 6-game break (suspension) on 23 Feb"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

I really like the camara kid could see him playing next year on the third or fourth line. The hits he laid out in the wjc, perfect bruins player. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Oh, man have they been awful.  This is the first "class" post Kilrea coming in and the big question is if they've lost the touch with the midget draft.  They had Couture, then Toffoli and Shane Prince, then Monahan, but the heir of that illustrious line of offensive stars is nothing like clear.

To draw the analogy closer to home for those who have no idea who Brett Gustavson or Ryan van Stralen are - imagine putting Seguin between Cambell and Bourque and expecting him to finish top ten in league scoring....

And gutting the team at the trade deadline has made it an even bigger challenge for Monahan to put up the points. When I tune into the 67's playing I end up turning the channel to another game. They are having a rough year as are the Ice Dogs since Dougie left.

Thus goes the cycle of a lot of teams in junior hockey. Build up for a run in the playoffs. Watch your good players leave because of age and start the re-build all over again.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

You said subban only performed so good bcs of the forwards??

Not only, but it was a big reason. And that's what happened during the time frame that Subban won his award. Improved play by the players in front of him. 

"A lot of this has to be attributed to the play of his teammates in front of him as of late. I'll watch a period or two of a Belleville game and see very little in quality scoring chances directed at him. But for the most part, when he gets a scoring chance against him he has been there to save it."

-------------
     Maybe you would know that if you watched more than half a game. 

A half of a game was watched a few days ago. Besides the Ice Dogs, I have watched the Bulls more then any other OHL team this year including seeing all of ( better ? ) last nights game. They were ouplayed and Subban was good btw. 

And you ? Zero. and I'm thinking this number is "in your life" for OHL games.
    ------

Your theory of the Bulls not having good players in front of Subban ( because of lack of players in the top 40 in scoring ) must also be applied to other teams in hockey if you're going to use it. The plus/minus comments never came into this year long converstion until this week. You have been mentioning points only all year long. 

Therefore, going by your initial reasoning, the Bruins forwards are worse then the Bulls because of nobody in the top 75 in NHL scoring. Sounds dumb eh ?

Same old bruins8 thinking with a different screen name .

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Hey Book, look at that ^^^^^^. IamwhatIam has rubbed off on me too. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

I really like the camara kid could see him playing next year on the third or fourth line. The hits he laid out in the wjc, perfect bruins player. 

What do you think of the linemates Camara is playing with ? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Lol @ Chowdah x 2.

On the other note, yeah, there are few dynasties in Junior hockey.  Monahan was higher in the points standings when he had Graovac finishing at a good clip and Ceci on the back end.  Graovac, of course, being relevant to the other fibre in this thread.... 

That's what's amazing about some of these franchises who do manage to stay very competitive over a long haul.  And why guys like Kilrea, Templeton and Bassin become legends - they manage to smooth out that boom and bust somehow.  When I lived out west, it was Kamloops that always seemed to fly high and never too low.  OHL has had a bunch of teams that have maintained over time - right now, you'd have to say the Knights are the best example, wouldn't you?  Now that the Spits are going through a rough year? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Lol @ Chowdah x 2.

On the other note, yeah, there are few dynasties in Junior hockey.  Monahan was higher in the points standings when he had Graovac finishing at a good clip and Ceci on the back end.  Graovac, of course, being relevant to the other fibre in this thread.... 

That's what's amazing about some of these franchises who do manage to stay very competitive over a long haul.  And why guys like Kilrea, Templeton and Bassin become legends - they manage to smooth out that boom and bust somehow.  When I lived out west, it was Kamloops that always seemed to fly high and never too low.  OHL has had a bunch of teams that have maintained over time - right now, you'd have to say the Knights are the best example, wouldn't you?  Now that the Spits are going through a rough year? 

Yes, we were thinking the same thing. The Hunters have kept the talent level up to the point where they've not experienced the free fall to the bottom like many other teams have. 

They have done a really good job at bringing in talented players from all over the world. 

E.g. There most recent find goalie Anthony Stolarz from the college ranks replacing and releasing their #1 goalie, overager Kevin Bailie half way through the season.

That took some balls considering they were first overall at the time. They must have felt Bailie wouldn't do it for them in the playoffs.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://theahl.com/stats/statdisplay.php?type=standings&subType=1&season_id=40&tournament_id=0&leagueId=4&division_id=-1&confId=0

PBruins going afte the number two seed with 2 more games this weekend.

Niklas Svedberg posted 19 saves as the Bruins improve to 32-18-0-4 on the season.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Wonder how much of a "chip" Svedberg might be? Having a nice 1st year in North America, tied for AHL lead in Wins and top-10 in GAA & SV%.  Still, only 23.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

Wonder how much of a "chip" Svedberg might be? Having a nice 1st year in North America, tied for AHL lead in Wins and top-10 in GAA & SV%.  Still, only 23.

After going undrafted and splitting his SEL years with a stint in the SWE-1 league, I'm not sure a half season in the AHL is enough to convince anyone he's truly valuable.

It sure would be awesome if he is, however.  With, Khudobin, Subban and this guy, if they all pan out to play like Rask, Chiarelli will be able to make a couple of pretty fantasic trades.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

Torey Krug named AHL rookie of the month for February.

http://theahl.com/krug-named-ahl-s-top-rookie-for-february-p182186

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

And if Khudobin does skate off for that tax free money of Russia. There is always 6'3" Lars Volden to try n convince to come over as well.  2011 Bruins draft pick 24 GP in the SM-Liiga league- .924 SV%. That would be some nice competition in Providence.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

Once again chowda just makes up things out of thin air go figure. When were we talking about scoring?

( because of lack of players in the top 40 in scoring ) Just so we are clear in five post back and forth never once did i mention their lack of scoring, okay? priceless

Therefore, going by your initial reasoning, the Bruins forwards are worse then the Bulls because of nobody in the top 75 in NHL scoring. Sounds dumb eh ? Never said anything like this.

This is what i said, once again making things up out of thin air because you got owned in every post.

What does the bruins having a top 75 scoring forward have anything to do with the bulls?? The bruins win bcs of a two way game not a top 75 scoring forward. Maybe you would know that if you watched more than half a game. 

The bulls win bcs of great golatending even from their backup, they have no top end talent in terms of forwards. No elite offensive player, no top two way forwards and his best dman is his younger brother who will be lucky to get taken in the second round unless someone overreaches. Their team is littered with decent ohl talent, the goaltending is the difference.

Lick your chops son bcs you can not make things up to help your argument in this one.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

Camara was still posting numbers when scheifele was in the nhl. How are the guys you said would stick in the nhl from the ohl looking. Just wondering how many of those "NHL" ready players actually made a roster this season?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Camara was still posting numbers when scheifele was in the nhl. How are the guys you said would stick in the nhl from the ohl looking. Just wondering how many of those "NHL" ready players actually made a roster this season?

Oops ^^^^!

Scheifele has been not playing with Camara lately. Why do you think I asked ? Ok , I confess. Just to get a " i dunno" type of answer from you.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

And if Khudobin does skate off for that tax free money of Russia. There is always 6'3" Lars Volden to try n convince to come over as well.  2011 Bruins draft pick 24 GP in the SM-Liiga league- .924 SV%. That would be some nice competition in Providence.

Ya lars volden has been playing great in net in the sm-liiga but the coach has been sitting him to play their two older goalies who are not producing much. He only played 12 games i think so far this season in the league, so i dont think it would be hard to convince him to jump the pond to get consitant playing time. If Anton walks i would replace him with svedberg kid is posting the best numbers anyone has seen from prov in a long time. His numbers are better than what rask and anton put up in prov. Then let subban and volden take up the prov starts.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Once again chowda just makes up things out of thin air go figure. When were we talking about scoring?

( because of lack of players in the top 40 in scoring ) Just so we are clear in five post back and forth never once did i mention their lack of scoring, okay? priceless

Therefore, going by your initial reasoning, the Bruins forwards are worse then the Bulls because of nobody in the top 75 in NHL scoring. Sounds dumb eh ? Never said anything like this.

This is what i said, once again making things up out of thin air because you got owned in every post.

What does the bruins having a top 75 scoring forward have anything to do with the bulls?? The bruins win bcs of a two way game not a top 75 scoring forward. Maybe you would know that if you watched more than half a game. 

The bulls win bcs of great golatending even from their backup, they have no top end talent in terms of forwards. No elite offensive player, no top two way forwards and his best dman is his younger brother who will be lucky to get taken in the second round unless someone overreaches. Their team is littered with decent ohl talent, the goaltending is the difference.

Lick your chops son bcs you can not make things up to help your argument in this one.

Yes, I was burned again by a stats fanatic. Priceless x2.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

NAS stay classy my friend thought you blocked me maybe you should keep it going and stay away from my post.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

NAS stay classy my friend thought you blocked me maybe you should keep it going and stay away from my post.

He reads my replies to you. How can he not see your posts ? Duh !

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

Oops ^^^^!

Scheifele has been not playing with Camara lately. Why do you think I asked ? Ok , I confess. Just to get a " i dunno" type of answer from you.

Funny you say that bcs last night scheifele assisted on camaras goal. Anyways off to the game tell me how it looks from your couch. Cant play with the children anymore.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

After going undrafted and splitting his SEL years with a stint in the SWE-1 league, I'm not sure a half season in the AHL is enough to convince anyone he's truly valuable.

It sure would be awesome if he is, however.  With, Khudobin, Subban and this guy, if they all pan out to play like Rask, Chiarelli will be able to make a couple of pretty fantasic trades.

True, but he was not an entirely unknown entity when PC signed him.  Teams that might have been in on him initially, wouldn't lose interest based on his AHL play.  Seems like young goalies are good "chips" to have.  How impactful is certainly debatable.