Edler Suspended for Remainder of Tournament

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Edler Suspended for Remainder of Tournament

Nasty knee-on-knee hit by Edler on Staal. He is gone for the rest of the tournament:

http://www.tsn.ca/canadian_hockey/story/?id=423399

I hope Staal recovers for the start of next season and lays a beatdown for this if the Canes play the Nucks.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Re: Edler Suspended for Remainder of Tournament

Really feel for Staal here.  That was viscious. Hope he recovers.  Edler is toast once next season starts and the Habs plays the 'Canes.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to DaveyN's comment:

Really feel for Staal here.  That was viscious. Hope he recovers.  Edler is toast once next season starts and the Habs plays the 'Canes.

I am sure you mean Nucks rather than Habs but your point is well taken.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Yikes, my mistake! Yes i do.  My hatred for the Habs apparently takes every dirty player and puts them in that organization.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

lol.....just consider the Nucks as the Habs of the West and the hatred will balance out.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Habs of the west...habs of the west...habs of the west....

GOT IT!

God I hate the Canucks.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Just realized what my mistake was.  Confused Emelin, with Edler.  Silly me.  Carry on.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to DaveyN's comment:

Just realized what my mistake was.  Confused Emelin, with Edler.  Silly me.  Carry on.

No worries.

You know, Edler is an interesting case. Early in his career the knock on him was, while talented, he did not use his size consistently. Now, he has almost taken it too far and crosses the line every once in a while. Case in point, the hit on Staal.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Was watching this and couldnt help but think of the head shot rule.  More knees are gonna be blown out.  Its the transition back to kneeing bc people are scared to hit high.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Very good point Shupe!

Only time will tell but it will be unfortunate if you are right.

My god, why do players feel they have to do this?

By the way, don't you think that the posts of BassFishingII on these boards bare a slight resemblence to RWTK?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Very good point Shupe!

Only time will tell but it will be unfortunate if you are right.

My god, why do players feel they have to do this?

By the way, don't you think that the posts of BassFishingII on these boards bare a slight resemblence to RWTK?

I thought the exact same thing JM. Neither can get a grasp on the puck over the glass penalty and both claim to have followed the game closely for years yet they still know very little about it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

I thought the exact same thing JM. Neither can get a grasp on the puck over the glass penalty and both claim to have followed the game closely for years yet they still know very little about it.

Yep, and both have overly long posts (they do not edit out the quote box)  and become beligerent and insulting when someone dares to contradict one of their theories. Could be....

However, if I am wrong I apologize to BassFishingII....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from golden9x2. Show golden9x2's posts

Canucks may be even more insidious than the Habs....and thats even hard for me to fathom/type due to our history and Subban, etc. but if even the Habs didnt want Lapierre.......even if by way of Anaheim......

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to golden9x2's comment:

Canucks may be even more insidious than the Habs....and thats even hard for me to fathom/type due to our history and Subban, etc. but if even the Habs didnt want Lapierre.......even if by way of Anaheim......

You may be right. The one thing about the Nucks being on the pacific coast is that few in the East really pay attention to them (Sandog and Red may be the exceptions here).

The couple of games a year that I watch Vancouver suggests to me they are simply a shameless team but perhaps I just catch them in their off-games.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from golden9x2. Show golden9x2's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

In response to golden9x2's comment:

You may be right. The one thing about the Nucks being on the pacific coast is that few in the East really pay attention to them (Sandog and Red may be the exceptions here).

The couple of games a year that I watch Vancouver suggests to me they are simply a shameless team but perhaps I just catch them in their off-games.

not to change the tone and/or topic of this post(and rehash an old topic I am sure) but this article with its clips of Burrows and Lapierre(let alone Subban..I almost put my fist through my laptop the only time viewing) in action are enough to incite the calmest non-Canuck fans.....http://nhl.si.com/2013/02/07/the-list-nhls-most-hated-players/

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from G4ck5. Show G4ck5's posts

Wow Edler is such a scum bag for that hit. Staal is a well respected player and a fair player "meaning staying within the rules". Leave it to a Nuck to play dirty.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from golden9x2. Show golden9x2's posts

I couldnt believe it when I saw it....if and thats a huge IF it wasnt intentional, he certainly had enough time to pull back his knee/leg from the impending collision......shades of Cooke type scum-baggism(wasnt that a Lennon term?!?!)