$EGUIN'S FUTURE

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 54BLITZER. Show 54BLITZER's posts

$EGUIN'S FUTURE

What kind of contract are we talking about once the kid is no longer on his first initial contract?  Will the BRUINS PAY UP!!! COULD THIS GET DANGEROUS AND HEATED??? JULY 1, 2013, The first contract is up. Would Seguin sign an early contract extension?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Re: $EGUIN'S FUTURE

I don't think any GM is crazy enough to sign someone to a big bucks extension on the basis of 15 games.  Not if he's under contract for another 149 games.  I think the Bruins have 'a bit of time' to evaluate his actual market value.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 54BLITZER. Show 54BLITZER's posts

The start of next season would be a good idea!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Cross that bridge when you get to it. Seguin is still a kid and you have plennnnntttttty of time. So much so that you don't even need to worry about it for a couple years.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

I am sure that Segs knows that the pay will take car of itself.  In the meanwhile, take a look at teh cast he gets to play with..yeah, it's a team sport- perhaps, the most demanding in that regard.  Oh, there's Z, Bergy, Timmy, and the rest.  I am sure that these guys want more; know they can get it because they know how.

In addition, there are some other young gunners who are waiting to get a taste; get their names on the Cup, as well.  This should push the envelope for more (consistent/timely) performance.

So, I am sure that Segs understands how his success is built upon the team's success.  He has it made for the future..as far as having a shot at more SC's.  Of course, so doesn't the whole team, providing they procure where they need to be in the spring and turn it on.

In the end, Seguin's value will be measured in Stanley Cups, as that is the type of player he has learned to be.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

PC will sign him to a long term deal next summer.  He's a smart man.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

WIN WIN situation.
    If he becomes a star, the team can re-sign him, or trade him for a boatload of tallent, if his contract demands are more than they are willing to pay.
    It worked out quite nicely with Kessel.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

he'll get a long term deal in between stamkos and tavares. Then again if he scores 50 this year he might get a stamkos type deal. if he keeps this up, i would look for a deal in between 5 and 7 years at 7.5 million, or slightly less. This would have Bergeron (5), Krejci (5-6) and Seguin (7.5?) as your top three centers, and financially, thats not bad.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

He hasn't matched up with Joe Colborne's ahl player of the month.

Tyler only got nhl player of the week.

A month is bigger than a week, o darn, the Leafs fleeced us.  I might as well admit it now.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

They can't sign him till the summer per the CBA. It's pretty obvious he's going to be among the league's best, they will sign him in the summer to a big deal. Since you are going to be spending big money anyway, there is no need to rush it and it will be an easy negotiation.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I'd wait until he hasmore than a good couple of weeks under his belt before I start talking contract.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

The wildcard is the CBA - it's up at the end of the year.  The Bruins are unlikely to sign him to a mega-deal before they know the parameters of the agreement, and I doubt Seguin would be advised to sign before they know.  Imagine if there's a Larry Bird exemption....

If he keeps playing like this, Seguin's going to have to get paid.  If the team keeps playing like this, I'm sure Chiarelli will pay him at a market rate.  Ultimately, that's what Chiarelli does.  It ain't rocket science, really.  No, wait, I take that back - the part that is rocket science is accurately assessing the market in order to determine what you'll pay.  Columbus looked around and said "we need a guy like Drew Doughty...maybe if we PAY someone like he's Drew Doughty, he'll PLAY like Drew Doughty - good idea Scotty!"

And yes, the most important points here are - he has played 15 excellent games, and he's under contract for almost two more years.  If we start this bs now, someone's going to have a heart attack.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ingrizzlebizzles. Show ingrizzlebizzles's posts

i'm against such discussions at such an early stage. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

As long as he can be re-signed and we are able to keep the core of the team intact....I'll be happy. This is why it's a very good thing to have other good players in the system (Spooner, Knight, etc.).....so that we can dump some guys who are making 2-4 mil and pay some guys who are on entry-level contracts.