Eklund is rarely right but...............

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

Eklund is rarely right but...............

He is indicating today that Boston may be looking at Brad Richards as well as Chris Phillips (shutting Savard down).  If they can pull this off, then barring injuries I think they have as good  a chance as anyone of winning the Cup.  Richards is a former Conn Smythe winner and a great powerplay quarterback and Phillips would make the Bruins defense stronger and deeper. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Re: Eklund is rarely right but...............

Explain how Dallas, a playoff team with a legit chance at a Cup, is better by trading away arguably their best player?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

I don't see why Dallas would trade Brad Richards

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Money money money

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

In order to get a return on Richards (UFA end of season). 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

I think NAS posted something similiar to this, that Dallas is a team being sold,and if thats the case then selling a team would be much easier with a lower payroll. Just my thoughts however if savie is done then we will see PC make a deal and who knows, maybe richards wants out of Dallas.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogmonsta. Show dogmonsta's posts

I personally would love Brad Richards on the Bs...we shall see. Im all set with Phillips, Id rather see Gonchar.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

In Response to Re: Eklund is rarely right but...............:
    [QUOTE]I think NAS posted something similiar to this, that Dallas is a team being sold,and if thats the case then selling a team would be much easier with a lower payroll. Just my thoughts however if savie is done then we will see PC make a deal and who knows, maybe richards wants out of Dallas.
    Posted by wallydouglas[/QUOTE] 

I am sorry but that makes no sense.  A team that misses the playoffs and loses money is not easier to sell than a team that finishes first in their division and makes money due to their playoff revenue. Players are paid based on the regular season so any revenue collected in the playoffs is cost them nothing and is pure profit. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

How could Dallas explain to their fans they took a risk on dealing Richards to acquire another Center, one not as good as he is, and then not make a deep run for the cap, just to get value back because he is a free agent?

Believe me, I get it, but Dallas has a legit shot at being the West Conf. finalist and Cup rep.

So, unless they can stregthen their team in their minds, Richards is unlikely to be moved.

If Dallas was fading, that'd be another story.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

"Eklund is rarely right, but allow me to dream that he is JUST THIS ONCE because he has a good player going to the team I like".

The siren song of the hockey fan. We've all been there.