Eklund

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

Eklund

I don't take Eklunds info as gospel, I understand it's like the tabloid of hockey, and we all know the members of this board disown those who speak his name.  I just wanted to point out that a. he had the horton trade, and b. he had the Nashville pickup of Fisher pegged that morning before any announcement.

So for those who totally dismiss everything he says, the guy does get some things right. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticBear68. Show CelticBear68's posts

Re: Eklund

an infinite amount of monkeys typing on an infinite number of typewriters will eventually produce the works of Shakespeare.  Ek gets a few things right, sure,  but you're bound to when you engage in premature e-speculation to the extent that he does - simple law of averages.

He as zero credibility, as far as I'm concerned - but thats just IMO

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

I agree celtic, but he gets blasted so much on here, time to point out when he had it right.

I read his site, and not because I believe any of it, just dont get that kind of discussion elsewhere.  If you know what hockeybuzz is as a site, it can still be fun to follow.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

It's been years since I've read Eklund, but I've caught Eklund doing this way back when, he's posted stories as "rumor" when they have in fact happened so you look at it and think that he had the scoop when in fact its a done deal.

He has also posted rumors he's found and claims he has the inside scoop, I've seen that something posted by someone else makes it onto his board.  I've actually seen a rumor post on here first and then it appeared on Eklund.

And then there are just the shots in the dark that he might hit on.

It's been years since I've looked at his site so he probably has some more sophisticated scam ideas in place now.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

So what sites do you guys check out during this time of year, and draft/free agenc etc?

Even if the Fisher deal was done, he had it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Even a blind squirrel can find a nut sometimes.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Eklund:
    [QUOTE]So what sites do you guys check out during this time of year, and draft/free agenc etc? Even if the Fisher deal was done, he had it.
    Posted by bigbadbruinsfan[/QUOTE]

This is what I did when I had the time and energy.
    Get a twitter account.
    Get something like nutshell mail or something that will forward  the tweets to your email, or be prepared to deal with 40 million tweets.
    If you use the mail option, get hourly tweets and build at leat one filter so you don't get mail with zero tweets.
    Now go out and find all the guys to follow on twitter, Dreger and there are some agents on there and whoever you decide might be reliable.

So then you can sit back and start sifting through all the tweets and follow up on whatever interests you.

And keep an eye on this forum, last year some noble soul found the Satan signing posted in some Slovakian newspaper and translated  out of that language.

It sounds like a lot of work, but it is less than reading all the articles in tsn, thn and everywhere else.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

oh, and this will horrify NAS, but I narrowed my tweets to Globe Bruins, KPD, Boston Bruins and ...  Murphy.  Murphy does publish bogus rumors - and creates rumors himself, but he also publishes stuff that does come true.  It's not like Eklund because Murphy does actually talk to real people in the organization.