ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Re: ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In Response to Re: ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!! : I will help you out Jal... The Original Boston Garden was known for the power going out and it getting too warm in the building and the games were played in a fog.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yTVfJNQQiw PJ Stock is know working as on air personality in Canada. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtSeSYyrgBY ESPN did a commerical with our OWN Cam Neely...don;t kick my dog...You should know these. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGpiAsISfyk 2 Sweenys Played for the Bruins at the same time...At one time Donny and ?? Do you at least know that.. Now you have been educated.
    Posted by Macfact[/QUOTE]

I knew the 1st and 4th ones.  Just not the PJ Stock (I don't watch CBC here in Boston) and the Cam Neely/ESPN ones.  Which is embarassing.....'cause I'm a big Neely fan.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Bobby Schmautz, Wayne Carlton, Steve Kasper, Greg Campbell

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!! : I knew the 1st and 4th ones.  Just not the PJ Stock (I don't watch CBC here in Boston) and the Cam Neely/ESPN ones.  Which is embarassing.....'cause I'm a big Neely fan.
    Posted by jalvis[/QUOTE]

No worries Jal..lol..But the Neely commercial was the greatest of all times...He is quite the man in Boston. The Neely house is the most impressive thing I have ever seen a Boston sports hero do. He is one of my all time idols as a player and person. So if he says TT can do what ever he wants listen carefully. I guess if you get NESN you would never see PJ on the air..makes sense to me.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

In Response to ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]If you can't tell us Who Taz is Who Nifty is Who the guy with those scars on his mask was Who Bourque gave his jersey to and what the number underneath was Who the dirtiest bast@rd  ever who ended a Bruins career was (multiple answers apply but they must be either a Canadien or a Penguin) What rhymes with 4 What too many men on the ice means to you What "blackout" means to you, particularly in reference to the Stanley Cup Why Vancouver is evil (again, multiple answers apply) And why Ulf is a four letter word.... THEN GET THE HELL OFF OUR BOARD AND LEAVE US ALONE!!!!
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

@red75 - I think I love you...wish you played for our team!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!! : No worries Jal..lol..But the Neely commercial was the greatest of all times...He is quite the man in Boston. The Neely house is the most impressive thing I have ever seen a Boston sports hero do. He is one of my all time idols as a player and person. So if he says TT can do what ever he wants listen carefully. I guess if you get NESN you would never see PJ on the air..makes sense to me.

After seeing the Neely ad again, I remember it.  But it has been YEARS since I've seen it.  Classic!  Actually, most of the ESPN commercials are very funny.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Charley Steiner with a bandana over his forehead and war paint, "Follow me to freedom." Classic ESPN commerical.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]I know a lot of those, but I don't think that's very fair for younger fans who were born in a different generation. (Unless you are targeting purely other teams trolls in which case ignore what I said)
    Posted by matttt87[/QUOTE]

No worries mattt... I was aiming it at all the loons that came out of the woodwork thanks to our weirdo goalie.
    And yes, 7-1 on Thornton is an acceptable answer for too many men on the ice.

Sigh... at least it looks calmer this morning. Maybe they've all gone back to arguing with each other on the Fox News and Huff Post boards.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

The Sweeney question needs to be clear - because the answer could be 3, you can have 3 Sweeneys, but only two at a time. The Bruins had to move Bob Sweeney out in 91-92 to make room for Tim Sweeney.  It may also be a rule that you can have only 1 Sweeney per position group - so it's okay to have 1D, 1F and 1G, but not two.

PJ Stock was never a one man wrecking crew.  He was a side show fly weight who could throw and could take a punch like a much bigger man, but he wasn't a wrecking crew.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!! : After seeing the Neely ad again, I remember it.  But it has been YEARS since I've seen it.  Classic!  Actually, most of the ESPN commercials are very funny.
    Posted by jalvis[/QUOTE]

Remember the goalie commercials..from holding up a bank with a skate...to riding the lawn mower over maple leaves...Die Maple Leaves Die

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

[QUOTE]The Sweeney question needs to be clear - because the answer could be 3, you can have 3 Sweeneys, but only two at a time. The Bruins had to move Bob Sweeney out in 91-92 to make room for Tim Sweeney.  It may also be a rule that you can have only 1 Sweeney per position group - so it's okay to have 1D, 1F and 1G, but not two. PJ Stock was never a one man wrecking crew.  He was a side show fly weight who could throw and could take a punch like a much bigger man, but he wasn't a wrecking crew.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

You are correct Book there were three Sweenys but for the purposes of ice yes you can only have two...

As far as PJ when he was in Boston there were even t shirts that were made up  in honor donning him the title of wrecking crew. So you may feel he was a side show your opinion taken...but most thought other wise...They were very popular t shirts.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Amen, but if you can get half you can stay.

It would still weed out the "Thomas is my hero" and "Get rid of Thomas" reactionary clowns that have come here just because their very insecure politics were challenged one way or the other.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!! : Remember the goalie commercials..from holding up a bank with a skate...to riding the lawn mower over maple leaves...Die Maple Leaves Die

Don't forget Mike Richter and the clear plexi he put in front of the net...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Great Memories....and for real hockey FANS...Those who want to get political watch these and laugh a little bit tight a s s

A pick me up for slow time for the Bruins let this be the only slump we see for the rest of the season. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!! : :::SIGH::: Terry O'Reilly
    Posted by Hockeymomsrule[/QUOTE]

It's not as widely known or used as most other nicknames in the area.  I remember the first time I heard it I was in my 20s. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

50 years ago? Didn't realize O' Reilly was that old.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!! : It's not as widely known or used as most other nicknames in the area.  I remember the first time I heard it I was in my 20s. 
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

I think I learned it from Happy Gilmore when he talks about Terry O'Reilly at the beginning.  I don't ever remember the nickname being used in broadcasts or coverage of the Bruins.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In all honesty, I always knew his nickname was Tasmanian Devil. About 25 years ago, I heard and interview with Park where he shortened that to Taz. Seemed to me like it was a dressing room name.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!! : I think I learned it from Happy Gilmore when he talks about Terry O'Reilly at the beginning.  I don't ever remember the nickname being used in broadcasts or coverage of the Bruins.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

That's EXACTLY where I first heard it.  My father, my uncles, my older brothers...none of them ever used it.  I heard Pie 1,000 times a year, but never Taz.  I remember hearing it on the movie and I said to the chick I was with, "Wow, that's not true."

So, for all of you who haven't heard of #24 being called "Taz" or any sembelance of that, you are forgiven.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

O'Reilly was known for being a tough player, racking up over 200 penalty minutes in five consecutive seasons, and earning for himself the nickname "Bloody O'Reilly" in the press. His teammate, #7 Phil Esposito, dubbed O'Reilly "Taz" in reference to the cartoon character Tasmanian Devil for O'Reilly's reckless, hard driving, non-stop style of play. He was very protective of his teammates causing Ray Bourque to note, when the Bruins retired his number, that the banner "hangs next to mine, protecting me again. That's awesome."[2]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!! : @red75 - I think I love you...wish you played for our team!
    Posted by Davinator[/QUOTE]

The Bruins? or the heterosexual thing? (sorry "playing for our team" is a loaded question in my world and context is key) Either way I don't and never wiil, but thanks for the compliment.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

Serious point to you if you can answer this one. Pierson's Pointers, who was called "the ultimate goal scorer"?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Charlie Simmer

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Ok, OatesCam, you had your jock scratched by the ancient ones. "Scheisse" I  don't know why Bronco Horvath was called Bronco.  Haha.  Pie "mackensie" would mean something totally different to a younger person!!  Cheers!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rochesternybruinfan. Show rochesternybruinfan's posts

[QUOTE]Or who was the  Bruins voice on WSBK 38.
    Posted by stan17[/QUOTE]
    Ok not sure if this one was answered but  Fred Cusick and DereK Sanderson