Eriksson

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Eriksson

Invisible.

Any guesses on why or how long it takes for him to get going? 

No need to bombard the board with line changes, as I don't think linemates the main issue.

Only been a few games, but I haven't seen the guy I watched in Dallas yet.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: Eriksson

The ghost of Tyler Seguin lives!

Seriously though, I'm not worried about him just yetl.  I won't rip him until after Thanksgiving.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I'm starting to worry.  Actually about him and Iginla.  

Where are the guys that they had in preseason?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The ghost of Tyler Seguin lives!

Seriously though, I'm not worried about him just yetl.  I won't rip him until after Thanksgiving.  

[/QUOTE]

It is Thanksgiving here in Canada.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

I am not worried yet, but I am definitely waiting. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Tha's why you never trade an elite (or potentially elite) player for a 28 year old and lesser prospects. See Joe Thornton trade for the template on bad deals. Of course, Chia blabbing about how immature Seguin is before making the trade lowered Tyler's stock about 50 percent. Another smart Chia move. I would have moved Seguin, but for a similar young star in the making, say Evander and picks. IMHO Chia makes at least as many bad trades as good. I hope Loui turns it around but he was trending down even last season.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Eriksson has the speed, but he's not synching with his linemates, and Iginla seems to be in the right place, but not hitting the open opportunities. Claude wants to take a month for chemistry to evolve, but, he's allready had six weeks. Anyone know how the Providence wannabees are performing ?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from G4ck5. Show G4ck5's posts

LOL game 3 and it begins. Worst trade in bruins history comments have started. Segs was a ghost on the bruins, he had 1 good year and everyone thinks he is Crosby and Ovie untouchble player. I am sorry I rather have ghost Ericksson who i know can score 25+ goals a season for like already 5 season than a punk kid who parties during the playoffs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:[QUOTE] The ghost of Tyler Seguin lives!

Seriously though, I'm not worried about him just yetl.  I won't rip him until after Thanksgiving.  [/QUOTE]

It is Thanksgiving here in Canada.....[/QUOTE]

Ok well then you can start in on Loui after your tryptophan nap and desert.

The Marchand-Bergeron-Eriksson line as a whole has been lacking in any sustained pressure in the offensive zone. They havn't been able to get any cycle going or forecheck.

The 3rd line has outperformed the 2nd line easily so far this year!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to bogie6's comment:[QUOTE]

Claude wants to take a month for chemistry to evolve, but, he's allready had six weeks. Anyone know how the Providence wannabees are performing ? [/QUOTE]

Fraser and Spooner like this question but I think Julien will give it some more time.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The 3rd line has outperformed the 2nd line easily so far this year!

[/QUOTE]

Been a pleasant surprise has it not? It will be interesting to see what CJ does once Soderberg is good to go.

As for Eriksson, no panic or rush to judgement yet. 10 games in, may be a different story.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Jeez, you pose a question about how Eriksson hasn't seemed effective in 3 games and you get OrrEspo making an idiotic generalization about trading "stars" and marco crowing about Kessel for some reason.  Nevermind.

Let's be clear about a few things:

1. Eriksson's slow start has nothing to do with Seguin.  I am not asking about the trade.  These three games offer absolutely no insight or analysis into the trade.  

2. I am not asking about Seguin or Kessel or Thornton.  Write about them in another thread.

3. I am asking for possible insights on why Eriksson is barely noticeable out there right now.  I'm not even seeing many chances, or good passes, or creative plays.  I can't put my finger on it since I know how good he is.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

I think he's still learning the system and still learning where his linemates will be on offense, while usually going up against the opposition's top scoring line, or its second.  

For what it is worth, through the first 2 games apparently that line was taking 66% of the shots that were taken while it was on the ice.  That falls into the "overwhelming advantage" category, and it's not just Bergeron and Marchand.  I know Eriksson had at least one good steal last night.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

I disagree a bit on Ericksson. Yes, offensively invisible for the most part. no points and only 6 shots on net and only one of them I recall as a real scoring chance. However, I have noticed him as being outstanding positionally, particularly in the neutral zone and his own end. I'm starting to see where some of the comparisons to Bergeron come from. Not that he is Begeron but you know what I mean. I think the offense will come around for both Loui and Iginla soon enough. If not then I'm on board with the posters here who claim CJ could make a 25 goal scorer out of Gretzky.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Good to hear CC and Walk.  Interesting points.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I'm not worried.  I dont think they had a lot of time to figure each other out.  The first one is always the hardest.   his complete game style is the reason i have no worries.   I dont think he gets the same amount of pts here though.  He scored a lot of meaningless goals on bad teams with lots of ice.  If he gets 25-25 im happy.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to G4ck5's comment:[QUOTE]LOL game 3 and it begins. Worst trade in bruins history comments have started. Segs was a ghost on the bruins, he had 1 good year and everyone thinks he is Crosby and Ovie untouchble player. I am sorry I rather have ghost Ericksson who i know can score 25+ goals a season for like already 5 season than a punk kid who parties during the playoffs.[/QUOTE]

If you put OrrEspo and Marco on ignore your problem is solved. You won't have to see anymore posts about Seguin, Dollar Bill Phil or how PC is terrible at trading.

Arguing with Lufa and Shab fans is boring as we all know.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from blackcrowes. Show blackcrowes's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Invisible.

Any guesses on why or how long it takes for him to get going? 

No need to bombard the board with line changes, as I don't think linemates the main issue.

Only been a few games, but I haven't seen the guy I watched in Dallas yet.  

[/QUOTE]

Being stuck in CT so not having seen any of Dallas last season I can't offer any specific ideas on how long it normally takes Eriksson to get into the swing of things.

However in my opinion I think the biggest issue is, like you said, 3 games. We're talking abut 3 games. If he was middle of the pack in points on the team over the first 20 games or so and then went 0-fer in a three game stretch, I seriously doubt anyone would even notice. But since it's the first 3 games, we're already questioning a 28 year old vet that has a proven track record of scoring (I'm not talking about the OP by the way). I get that his points dropped last season, but without watching most of the Dallas games that means nothing to me because there's no context to that dropoff. You don't know about possible nagging injuries, who he played with, what situations the (now fired) coach put him into, etc. I think before we start exhuming the remains of the Phil Kessel trade we should give Eriksson a couple more games to show what he can do on this specific team?

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

My only concern is that Errikson (and Iggy) have not had more impact on the PP.  Still though, too early to make a call either way.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to OrrEspoCash's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Tha's why you never trade an elite (or potentially elite) player for a 28 year old and lesser prospects. See Joe Thornton trade for the template on bad deals. Of course, Chia blabbing about how immature Seguin is before making the trade lowered Tyler's stock about 50 percent. Another smart Chia move. I would have moved Seguin, but for a similar young star in the making, say Evander and picks. IMHO Chia makes at least as many bad trades as good. I hope Loui turns it around but he was trending down even last season.

[/QUOTE]

This is a good point and Ive said it that first trading a kid like seguin is not your everyday practice. If you're going to trade him has to be for an up and coming young star but if you want to make friends here with the clique of four just say yea great trade and the prospects we got are bona fide stars. This forum clique is dying.

[/QUOTE]

i wouldnt have traded seguin for whats its worth.  I believe hes gonna be very very good.  He was dealt more bc of his contract.  The fact the media blew him up and the team sold him out was disappointing.  

Khudo has done very well to start the year.  I would have kept him.  Resigned rask cheaper when the market wasnt there for offer sheet.  Kept seguin.  Added other late signings.  Boyes, raymond, brunner on the cheap.    

I love having iggy and loui but i would rather have seguin.   it is what it is.  Boston felt they needed to deal him to sign rask.  While locking him up we also get an excellent 2 way player in loui, were able to bring in iggy and we resigned seidz.  Overall im pretty happy with all of these moves.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

Last night I thought Iginla played pretty well with lost of shots and very noticeable.  Can't sayt the same for Eriksson.  May take some time but I like the trade, for the player and cap reasons.  THrough 2 games Seguin has 1 assist and hasnt been very noticeable on Dallas' top line.  Not like he is lighting the world on fire either.