Eriksson

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Eriksson

Reilly Smith goes to the 2nd line, Eriksson and Bergeron play better.

Coincidence ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Coincidence ?

[/QUOTE]

Do you know if Smith had any icetime with Eriksson in Dallas? Familiarity may help if this is the case.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Coincidence ?

[/QUOTE]

Do you know if Smith had any icetime with Eriksson in Dallas? Familiarity may help if this is the case.

[/QUOTE]

They shouldnt coddle him 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

Nice first goal and another post. Could have had 2.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I just started this thread to put the reverse jinx on Eriksson.  You're welcome.

Uh, Jarome Iginla...invisible...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from doodles444s. Show doodles444s's posts

In response to 49thparallel's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Tyler Sequin - 1st or 2nd line centre, but on Boston. He is now in his correct position and should flourish.

[/QUOTE]

If you are meaning center is his correct position... 98.5 said earlier today that Dallas had moved Seguin to wing and that Peverley was centering the line.

if not.. Sorry I misunderstood your comment.

Also... Not meaning to derail the Eriksson convo.. (Woot! First goal of the season today)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I just started this thread to put the reverse jinx on Eriksson.  You're welcome.

Uh, Jarome Iginla...invisible...

[/QUOTE]

Thats my thing.  Who u want to get rolling.  The shupe reverse curse still lives my friend.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Coincidence ?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes, they played together at times. I think Eriksson may have even set up Smith's first goal. They weren't regular line mates, however, and Eriksson was getting about twice the playing time as Smith.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I don't know if I've ever seen a backhand one-timer like that, ever. Eriksson really has Nick Johnson like hands. I like seeing Smith get some time to play. I like his game, a nice blend of simplicity and creativity.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to OatesCam's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't know if I've ever seen a backhand one-timer like that, ever. Eriksson really has Nick Johnson like hands. I like seeing Smith get some time to play. I like his game, a nice blend of simplicity and creativity.

[/QUOTE]

lol....perhaps the nickname should go to Eriksson as well?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

He got the goal.  Let's see how that picks up the 2nd line before moving it around.   Career numbers like his say he'll be fine.  Iggy, too (he got robbed on 2-3 opps in the last games as of my count)

After Kelly's goal against CBJ, the whole team picked up the speed.  They needed that kick.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Sobchack's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He got the goal.  Let's see how that picks up the 2nd line before moving it around.   Career numbers like his say he'll be fine.  Iggy, too (he got robbed on 2-3 opps in the last games as of my count)

After Kelly's goal against CBJ, the whole team picked up the speed.  They needed that kick.  

[/QUOTE]

Beat it ipot.  You turned your back on this team.

You're no fan of the Boston Bruins, you ship jumping turncoat.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Um seguin was breaking the law.  He wasnt 21.  He wasnt 19.  lots and lots of players go partying regulat season and playoffs.  I dont agree but dont kid yourself either.  you dont think the team leaks stuff to the media?  Its funny all this was brought on at once   I think its smelly.  I doubt the college chicks he was thumping were the source.  

Im not coddling.  But it cant swing both ways.  they should have grabbed the 18 year old drunk in all those pictures, then grabbed chara and team captains and have him settle down.  you cant say in one instance its fine and not the other.  I dont blame a kid for partying.  And i dont think this snuck up on them.  So maybe had they cracked down in the beginning it doesnt continue.  

I hope he lights the lamp all year.  I think hes gonna be a franchise player.  Its our loss.  He will grow up in time.  Heck JR never grew up and id love to had him over the course of his career.  

[/QUOTE]

Negative. They were in Canada and it was legal. I'm nit-picking but still. Unless you are talking about after they came home? I never paid attention to the media or pictures of him doing whatever, I just remember the post-game celebration.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Who cares about Seguin anymore. Sure, he's going to be a good player.

I firmly believe that Eriksson is a better player right now than Seguin. He had a down year last year, sure, but I'll still take him. Even last year, his point total wasn't a total disgrace. His two way game is lightyears ahead of what Seguin will ever achieve, though.

There are ups and downs to the Seguin trade, but you need to look at every level of it. Seguin/Eriksson trade-off may be worse long-term, but I'd argue that it's probably better short term.

Peverley for Smith? After Peverley's year last year, I'll take Smith. The chemistry that he's already formed with Kelly, and now playing with Bergeron as a testament to his play so far, speaks volumes. I like most things about his game, particularly for such a young player.

Then you look further down the trade, and the Bruins got two pretty good prospects in Morrow and Fraser (had 30+ goals in the AHL last year) for Ryan Button, who was way down the list of Bruins prospects, and I think the Bruins made out well here.

Seguin may be a great player one day, but I wasn't enthused. His lack of dedication to the game, lack of grit, lack of ability to step up big in the playoffs (after game 2 against Tampa, he had 3 goals in his next 38 playoff games), and just overall lack of creativity what so ever, I just don't believe he'll ever fulfill his potential. I defended him for a while last year, but in hindsight, I just don't see him becoming an elite player. I'm sure he'll enjoy a long career of being a pretty good player, particularly if paired with an elite playmaker, but I don't see him ever consistently putting up over a point per game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Oh yes, and Eriksson just got his 2nd goal. An ugly deflection, but was in the right place.