Eriksson

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Eriksson

The dude has two concussions this season.

That's all you need to know about his production.

He's a star first line right winger when healthy.

I'm pretty pumped that they're in first in the division and second in the conference and he's waiting in the wings.  It'll be like they trade a seventh round pick for him at the deadline. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

With 2 concussions this year, he is still averaging .55 pts/gp.

Marchand, including his current tear, is @ .62.

Last year, Horton was .51 and Lucic was .59.

Think he is doing fine, especially given what he has had to go through.

What does BadHab have against Swedes anyway?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm pretty pumped that they're in first in the division and second in the conference and he's waiting in the wings.  It'll be like they trade a seventh round pick for him at the deadline. 

[/QUOTE]

nas, i hate agreeing with you but you're on the ball on this one....

let's just hope PC can acquire a good d-man for that same price....  preferably prior to the deadline....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

BadHab, like I posted a month ago, we don't need Loui now. We need him in April, and beyond.

The Olympic tour will actually be good for him. It should serve as a springboard to a good rest of the year for him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I hope NAS and the Don are right and he'll come on strong, but I am frustrated with him.

Last time I wanted to scream at a guy like this was Joe Thornton.

It's clear he has talent, some aspects of his game are better than Seguin's - shooting accuracy, smarts and better vision than Seguin, but I just want to see him display it.

And for a guy who seems will to take a hit to make a play, I'd like to see him give as well as receive.

He's only got 4 PIM.  FOUR PIM!  

It would have warmed the cockels of my heart to see him jump Thomas in defense of his half blind Yeti Countryman.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wow actually agree with you what the fawk

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

"nas, i hate agreeing with you..."

"Wow actually agree with you what the fawk"

Bhab absurdity unites many fronts!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

I need to see him in the playoffs before reaching any conclusions.  He's a perfect CJ player with his defensive abilities and scoring touch.  And he's exactly what we needed last year.  So the jury's still out on Lou as far as im concerned.  Let's wait and see.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to bim09's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I need to see him in the playoffs before reaching any conclusions.  He's a perfect CJ player with his defensive abilities and scoring touch.  And he's exactly what we needed last year.  So the jury's still out on Lou as far as im concerned.  Let's wait and see.

[/QUOTE]

My thought as well, i still think Loui will make an impact and hopefully it starts before the playoffs and carries through.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

This guy makes Seguin look like Terry O'Reilly. He has the lowest compete I've seen in a long time, and yes before the concussion also. It's an issue for this team.

While we're at it, - Hamilton is starting to annoy me for the same reasons, although not as blatant. I know he's young, and has potential. Love his offensive instincts - but it's his persona that bothers me. Not sure that improves with experience. He's going to have to change his stripes if he wants to stick in Boston long term. Hey Dougie(jeez) you need to get invested emotionally.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

"nas, i hate agreeing with you..."

"Wow actually agree with you what the fawk"

Bhab absurdity unites many fronts!

[/QUOTE]

Ya know, I hope Rusty comes on here and agrees with you.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to bim09's comment:[QUOTE]  He's a perfect CJ player with his defensive abilities and scoring touch.  And he's exactly what we needed last year.   [/QUOTE]

Watched enough of LouI to know where he is at now and where he will be in the playoffs. And you said a mouthful on the impact that he would have had last year instead of Supa Tyler and Daugface.

Eriksson should get a shot with Krejci as well.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Loui is a first starcrw based on what? 

Fk concussion xcuse he was bad prior to it too. Damn apologists sicken me. 

I'll tell u this he better hat it going in the playoffs  cuz next year even if he gets 55 pts hell either be traded lost to free agency or taking a massIve pay cut. 

[/QUOTE]

He's under contract for a couple more years i think.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In response to islamorada's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Were you one of the posters who said the Bs should trade Bergeron in 2010?

hmmm...Did you post that Badhab?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

You wouldn't know a first star from a bowl of Poutine...dumbo goaler!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You wouldn't know a first star from a bowl of Poutine...dumbo goaler!

[/QUOTE]

Poutine is awesome.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Some perspective:

Before his recent improved results, Marchand had 14 points in 34 games.  Eriksson hasn't even managed to play that many games yet (and has 18 points).  We knew from his history that Marchand can produce in the NHL, and many of us were willing to wait out his struggles.

I don't see why Eriksson shouldn't be given the same courtesy, even without considering the concussions.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

Loui wasn't a throw-in in the Seguin deal....  PC knew what he was acquiring was a very good two-way player who proved his worth in Dallas....

Loui wasn't expected to come in and start playing a physical game because that wasn't what he was known for....

to disregard his learning a new system and two concussions as reasons for his slow start as a Bruin isn't fair....

of course Seguin's season provides fuel for the disappointment in Eriksson, but i think PC, and most on here, expected Tyler to do exactly that....

we haven't seen the real Loui yet but i think we'll witness it soon and that we'll like what we see....

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to watchtower's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Were you one of the posters who said the Bs should trade Bergeron in 2010?

hmmm...Did you post that Badhab?

[/QUOTE]

NO!  Please.  I don't want to be associated with trade talk.  I rarely speak of trading players and I don't believe I've ever suggested a trade.  I hate playing the game of pretend GM.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

Loui doesn't worry me...playing him with Chris Kelly as center does.  As much as like Kelly's Dzone game, offensively, I am not a fan of him centering anyone who is a Top 6 caliber player.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This guy makes Seguin look like Terry O'Reilly. He has the lowest compete I've seen in a long time, and yes before the concussion also. It's an issue for this team...

[/QUOTE]

...and it was a well-known fact even before the trade (I think I have mentioned Loui Cheekbones being called "all-Swedish/no-finish" in Dallas).

I do agree that two concussions can throw anybody off their game - but I think that we should get away from this "he was good once so he must still be good" philosophy. Dany Heatley was a superb forward once, too; Jonathan Cheechoo once scored 56 goals in a season; Jim Carey won the Vezina trophy, the list goes on and on. Maybe Loui and the Bruins simply aren't a good match, he's way too passive; yes, I know that Bergie and Krejci don't run around like madmen either, but they manage to get results - something I have yet to see and, honestly, don't expect to see from Eriksson.

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I hope NAS and the Don are right and he'll come on strong, but I am frustrated with him.

Last time I wanted to scream at a guy like this was Joe Thornton.

It's clear he has talent, some aspects of his game are better than Seguin's - shooting accuracy, smarts and better vision than Seguin, but I just want to see him display it.

And for a guy who seems will to take a hit to make a play, I'd like to see him give as well as receive.

He's only got 4 PIM.  FOUR PIM!  

It would have warmed the cockels of my heart to see him jump Thomas in defense of his half blind Yeti Countryman.

[/QUOTE]

I simply don't have a good feeling about this player; I surely hope he does an "Andrew Ference" and proves me wrong, but I never liked what I read in Loui's scouting report:
     "...Plays a somewhat passive game in all three zones, so he needs to keep the fire burning at all times."

If they shipped out Seguin (no, I do not want him back) because he didn't seem to be willing to play like a true Bruin, they should have known that Eriksson's game isn't quite "Bruins-style" either. So far Reilly Smith's contributions are the only good aspect coming out of this trade, and I simply cannot see Cheekbones outscoring Iggy or Smith if he was put on a line with Krejci or Bergie.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I do agree that two concussions can throw anybody off their game - but I think that we should get away from this "he was good once so he must still be good" philosophy.  yes, I know that Bergie and Krejci don't run around like madmen either, but they manage to get results - something I have yet to see and, honestly, don't expect to see from Eriksson.

You have to remember also that Bergeron was no offensive dynamo when he came back from his concussion from the Randy Jones hit, it took him a long time to fully recover and i dare say his trajectory as an offensive player has not peaked as high as it seemed to be going before his concussions started. Loui may or may not ever be a 20 g player again let alone a 30 g guy but i still think he can be a solid producer and effective in all areas of the rink. Will he ever become an intense,in your face, physical type player, its not in his DNA and never will be but the B's brass knew this before they traded for him and knew what kind of game he would bring.What they didn't know was that this player would suffer 2 bad hits to the head in short order thus drastically altering Loui's performance.