ESPN reporting a Rask Trade Rumour

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

ESPN reporting a Rask Trade Rumour

ESPN is not exactly known for their dedication to the NHL, though.

Anyone come across this anywhere else? I'm not paying to them to read the most likely ridiculous article...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Re: ESPN reporting a Rask Trade Rumour

Sounds about as likely as TB Shopping Stamkos..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to ESPN reporting a Rask Trade Rumour:
    [QUOTE]ESPN is not exactly known for their dedication to the NHL, though. Anyone come across this anywhere else? I'm not paying to them to read the most likely ridiculous article...  
    Posted by MDsizzle[/QUOTE]

Link?

Of course the very idea, considering Rask's age, talent and miniscule cap hit, is loopey. I smell Eklund.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Rask is a big part of the Bruins future.  He's not going anywhere.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

and bigfoot just knocked on my door for some toilet paper 2ply   lol 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

I wouldnt think he would be going anywhere either but you can bet theres alot of calls coming in and its safe to assume PC will listen to offers.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

its on the right, down a bit. Really not much unless you want to subscribe...

http://games.espn.go.com/frontpage/hockey

I would assume Rask would be the last player to be traded. TT is not exactly a spring chicken and we have zero depth at goalie past TT & Tuukka. ...and then their is that whole great young goalie of the future/present with a fantastic cap freindly salary thing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

..pens looking to unload crosby too?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

Malkin, Crosby, Staal for Rask and Ryder...book it, Dano!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

got to throw in Fleury too, we need another goalie, remember?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Rask gets traded....if....we have a blue chip goalie down in the minors somewhere....or we are going to get half a hockey team for him....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

and not to mention, we are looking to drop salary at this point. Rask makes lile 1.2 mil or something? Are we going to trade him to Tor for their next 20 years of 1st round picks? ...and then still make moves to bring back Savvy?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"bigfoot just knocked on my door for some toilet paper 2ply"

So they go in the woods too ?...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CroatianBruins. Show CroatianBruins's posts

Did not find link, is this the same one as TSN is now reporting?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to ESPN reporting a Rask Trade Rumour:
    [QUOTE]ESPN is not exactly known for their dedication to the NHL, though. Anyone come across this anywhere else? I'm not paying to them to read the most likely ridiculous article...  
    Posted by MDsizzle[/QUOTE]

MD, that's ESPN's "Rumor Central" which isn't worth the electrons it's transmitted with. A blogger could writes something like "wouldn't it be great if the Sharks traded Marleau to the Red Wings for Osgood?" and Rumor Central would report it as a trade rumor. Just look at Nov. 19 - a comment from Jack Edwards that the Panthers should move to Quebec is now a story headlined "Talk of Panthers move." Not long ago, James Murphy (him again) proposed in his blog that the Bruins should trade Savard for Spezza (which simply considering the cap implications - Spezza's hit is $7 million - is insane), and THAT was reported there.

I used to get Rumor Central with my old cell phone, but not on my new one, and I'm glad. It's just pure aggravation.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

WOW! It goes from trading the present goalie, to the future goalie! Insanely asinining! However, in PBergerons words. "He has to listen to offers!"

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

This "Rumour" started on XM radio today. Forget which show it was but someone suggested, and made it clear that he completely made this up, was not basing it on anything he heard or read, that it was just basically for the sake of debate, said that "What if the Bruins were to shop Rask. If Thomas were to stay how he is playing now, and the Bruins were one piece away from being cup favorites, would you trade him or let him sit on the bench doing nothing?" and finished it with "again, I'm bringing this up just for conversation, although I'm sure someone is going to go on twitter and say "I heard the Bruins are shopping Tuukka!!" They then debated the concept for a while.

Sure enough, 12 hours later, it's on ESPN.

Move along folks, nothing to see here...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

On Sat it probably was James Murphy again! Last week or the one before he started yapping about Savard again!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

It's ESPn, they just don't get it right anytime in almost any sport.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

Tracked it down - it was Andy Strickland, the St. Louis Blues blogger who reported that the Bruins were looking to sign Bill Guerin. Kind of ironic that his blog is called "TrueHockey,com," isn't it? 

Obviously, as davecarr noted, it's not a "rumor" but a "proposal":

Most of the speculation thus far as been about the Boston Bruins trading Tim Thomas, not Tuukka Rask. But TrueHockey.com's Andy Strickland writes, "Boston is seeking a puck moving D-man and the re-emergence of goaltender Tim Thomas has given GM Peter Chiarelli some options to play with. If you're Boston would you hang onto Rask who obviously can't help you in the playoffs if he's sitting on the bench?"

Now, it's probably unlikely they deal Rask, mostly because he's clearly their goalie of the future. However, if a puck-moving blueliner becomes available on the trade market, Rask could be a valuable trade chip and the Bruins might be willing to make that swap, especially give the rarity of puck-movers.

That said, it makes a lot more sense to trade Thomas because the veteran stopper carries a $5 million cap hit until 2013. Getting rid of that cap number would provide much-needed flexibility for the B's.

As I said before, "Rumor Central" doesn't differentiate among rumors, speculation, or pure baloney. They print EVERYTHING. (and guys like Murphy pick it all up and publicize it as fact, but that's another story).

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In Response to Re: ESPN reporting a Rask Trade Rumour:
    [QUOTE]Tracked it down - it was Andy Strickland, the St. Louis Blues blogger who reported that the Bruins were looking to sign Bill Guerin. Kind of ironic that his blog is called "TrueHockey,com," isn't it?  Obviously, as davecarr noted, it's not a "rumor" but a "proposal": Most of the speculation thus far as been about the Boston Bruins trading Tim Thomas, not Tuukka Rask. But TrueHockey.com's Andy Strickland writes, "Boston is seeking a puck moving D-man and the re-emergence of goaltender Tim Thomas has given GM Peter Chiarelli some options to play with. If you're Boston would you hang onto Rask who obviously can't help you in the playoffs if he's sitting on the bench?" Now, it's probably unlikely they deal Rask, mostly because he's clearly their goalie of the future. However, if a puck-moving blueliner becomes available on the trade market, Rask could be a valuable trade chip and the Bruins might be willing to make that swap, especially give the rarity of puck-movers. That said, it makes a lot more sense to trade Thomas because the veteran stopper carries a $5 million cap hit until 2013. Getting rid of that cap number would provide much-needed flexibility for the B's. As I said before, "Rumor Central" doesn't differentiate among rumors, speculation, or pure baloney. They print EVERYTHING. (and guys like Murphy pick it all up and publicize it as fact, but that's another story).
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

I guess it is time to redefine the word "rumor".  Duinne is there a word that can qualify a "legitimate rumor"?  I wish there was for individuals who actually understand the cap, skill and abilities of the player, and projected future of hockey franchises.  Definitely needed.  

Boston.com also has to firm up there post handles to filter the Andy Warhol wannabes seeking "one second of fame".

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Re: ESPN reporting a Rask Trade Rumour:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: ESPN reporting a Rask Trade Rumour : I guess it is time to redefine the word "rumor".  Duinne is there a word that can qualify a "legitimate rumor"?  I wish there was for individuals who actually understand the cap, skill and abilities of the player, and projected future of hockey franchises.  Definitely needed.   Boston.com also has to firm up there post handles to filter the Andy Warhol wannabes seeking "one second of fame".
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]

LOL, "legitimate rumor"? I think the only thing you can do is, as the old saying goes, consider the source.

Stickland's reporting of the Guerin "rumor" was a great case in point - first of all, what on earth does a St. Louis guy know about the Bruins? And secondly, why would the Bruins, knee deep in solid young prospects, already with the oldest player in the league on board, and up against the salary cap, sign yet another old guy? Now where would that rumor come from? Could it be... his agent?

Really, hold it up to the light and it made no sense. Yet Strickland reported it like it was some sort of scoop. Anyone who has a modicum of familiarity with the m.o. of sports agents, and who knows anything about the Bruins, had to know that such a rumor made no sense at all, unless it was an agent looking to drum up interest in his client. Ta da! Suddenly it makes perfect sense!  

A little critical thinking and a bit of common sense goes a long way.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

I must have overslept... Is it April 1st already? 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from matttt87. Show matttt87's posts

Rask for Thomas, straight up.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

Trading Rask would be a huge mistake!  Thomas has played great so far, but I think that Rask will be the "starter" by mid season.  Mark that down, it will happen.