ESPN Top 10

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

ESPN Top 10

So I happen to catch ESPN Top 10 plays of the week Sunday night. I watched wondering where Johnny Gaudreaus highlight reel goal to basically clinch the NCAA title would land on it. I was confident since the game was on ESPN2.

Nowhere to be found in the top 10 plays of the week, but there was a Carmelo Anthony 3 pointer, not a game winner, nothing spectacular just a 3 pointer.

Wow.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: ESPN Top 10

You really have to stop expecting hockey to be shown on ESPN. It's about as likely as blood from a stone.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

When ESPN lost the contract to hockey to Versus (NBC), it was the beginning of the end of ESPN doing anything promotional wise for hockey. It's 11th out of 10 top sports that the station covers. HBO's Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel has done more NHL stories than ESPN features on the sport

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I bet there were six slam dunks, two golf putts, one 3-pointer, and one video of Chris Berman catching a piece of his muffin, one-handed, as is rolled down his fat man-cleavage.

ESPN is horrible.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

ESPN is horrendous.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Equally horrendous is the treatment by NBC, ABC, CBS from 1976 thru just a few years ago to pretend the NHL didn't exist at all. NBC came running when it realized if done properly, you can market the sport to women, children, and other demographics. ESPN is a by-product of ABC, ABC has never ever cared about the NHL. When ESPN had the sport, it did a pretty good job overall, including a nightly hockey show (a la NHL Channel). ESPN turned into NBA/College Heaven, so naturally they stopped turning any attention toward NHL. Don't take the Big Networks off the hook. They are far more guilty than ESPN.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babajingo. Show Babajingo's posts

I don't know why i remember this but 

When BU won that championship with the last minute heroics (3 yrs ago?).
    I remember that it made the ESPN top plays of the week.  I just recall
    being amazed it did.  It wasn't number one, of course.  That was reserved for
    King James scratching his crotch or something.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

they dont call espn2 "the deuce" for nothing.

that's where all the fringe sports happen (at least for espntmz). they're more interested in some hoop player's grammatically challenged tweet.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Nothing is worse than baseball highlights..........

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

In Response to Re: ESPN Top 10:
    [QUOTE]Nothing is worse than baseball highlights..........
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

I like baseball a lot actually.  Basketball hightlights are the worse for me.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

ESPN who?  Kudos to NBC for finally giving the NHL the coverage it deserves.  Some marketing genius working for NBC finally realizes that nothing beats the drama of the NHL playoffs.  Showing all the playoff games is a huge step for NBC. 

By the way, ESPN will try to rival the playoffs with dousche bags playing poker while wearing sun glasses and a baseball cap.  The athleticism in these guys is uncanny.   

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: ESPN Top 10:
    [QUOTE]ESPN who?  Kudos to NBC for finally giving the NHL the coverage it deserves.  Some marketing genius working for NBC finally realizes that nothing beats the drama of the NHL playoffs.  Showing all the playoff games is a huge step for NBC.  By the way, ESPN will try to rival the playoffs with dousche bags playing poker while wearing sun glasses and a baseball cap.  The athleticism in these guys is uncanny.   
    Posted by lucdufour[/QUOTE]
    LMAO! NO KIDDING

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nix02061. Show nix02061's posts

ESP-NBA

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Poker players wearing theirs sun glasses and hoods on TV for two reasons.Theyre on TV and they are losers.

ESPN chooses to show this rather than hockey:

Poker
    WNBA
    Womens College basketball
    NASCAR

Poker on TV. If gambling money away makes you an athlete then my buddy's father is a world-class athlete.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

Great stuff, Kevlana.  Speaking of doushe bags, I also enjoy your "suck it" posts to Null.  Keep up the good work.