Evander Kane trade rumours

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Re: Evander Kane trade rumours

I would like to see the Bs get Kane but the proposed deal is overpayment.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to stan17's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Stan, which item would you like to see removed from the cart?

If they keep the first round bust, is that better?

If they keep the goalie they will most likely never need, is that better?

If they keep the first round pick which Chiarelli can't handle, is that better?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I don't think Eriksson is a bust nor Marchand. I will one day see Kane in an organization that will put some players around him like Boston. It might not happen for Kane in beantown but if he gets with the right GM his numbers will skyrocket.

In order for Winnipeg to even listen it would have to be a 1st rounder or a top prospect and an NHL ready player. That doesn't necessarily have to be a forward. Miller has shown me he can be the Bs 7th defenseman, if Bartkowski is a "chip" so be it. PC has all of what he needs to get on the phone with the Jets.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Stan, which item would you like to see removed from the cart?

If they keep the first round bust, is that better?

If they keep the goalie they will most likely never need, is that better?

If they keep the first round pick which Chiarelli can't handle, is that better?

[/QUOTE]

I'd like to see them work the deal w/out Marchand. I know you have to give something to get something and that's the reality. Got no problem w/ Subban, Caron, or giving a 1st up all together.  Marchand being included in the deal I feel makes it an over-payment. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't think Eriksson is a bust nor Marchand. I will one day see Kane in an organization that will put some players around him like Boston. It might not happen for Kane in beantown but if he gets with the right GM his numbers will skyrocket.

In order for Winnipeg to even listen it would have to be a 1st rounder or a top prospect and an NHL ready player. That doesn't necessarily have to be a forward. Miller has shown me he can be the Bs 7th defenseman, if Bartkowski is a "chip" so be it. PC has all of what he needs to get on the phone with the Jets.

[/QUOTE]

I disagree to an extent - Winnipeg's got a decent core group of D, with some promising blueline prospects. They seem to be most lacking in depth up front, but most especially a goalie. That's their greatest hole - Pavelec is the definition of streaky, Montoya is serviceable but can't take up too many starts. Beyond that? (And that's not much) The cupboard is bare. Of that previous proposal made on here, trying to look at the trade through the eyes of a fan of both teams, it was Subban that peaked my interest.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ive read that the rumored asking price is 2 proven top 6 forwards (Marchand, possibly Caron though not likely) and either a prospect (Subban) or a high pick.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

If Red thinks the trade is doable but with a higher pick then I tend to think the deal would be good.  Change for young players like Kane and Marchand would be postive for both there careers.  Kane's size would help the second line.  NAS has a point on Caron and to a lesser degree on Subban.  Red's thought on a higher pick 1st round would require another trade, doubt it.  So a player like Fraser would have to be added.  Certainly Hags has had fun with the speculation, I do believe change is positive for young players nonetheless.  

On a purley Hag speculative level of fantasy, Bogosian as a throw in would make the trade very doable, opps hehe.  

My post will end this tread as others.  Cheers.  I guess I am a troll. Hehe.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Zach Redmond has 11 NHL games under his belt. Zach Morrissey looks like he will be a stud by all accounts, no NHL game expierence yet and Barandon Kitchton another that looks real good but hasn't been called up yet. Postma is good but outside the Jets top 4 defenseman i'm not real impressed.

Bartkowski would be a great add.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]

Beez, the added pieces are:

Caron:  First round bust

Subban:  Most goalies fail and the B's don't need him

First round pick:  It's going to be in the 20s anyway.

[/QUOTE]
    There is always risk , in making a deal like that , i think most in here would salivate at the prospect of Evander Kane in a Bruins Jersey . Your giving up a player , who shines when it counts most , for a player that has never been in the playoffs , so it's unknown  How he will perform , he certainly has all the tools , he's a tough kid with incredible wheels ....I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

I'd like to see them work the deal w/out Marchand. I know you have to give something to get something and that's the reality. Got no problem w/ Subban, Caron, or giving a 1st up all together.  Marchand being included in the deal I feel makes it an over-payment. 

[/QUOTE]

Kane's numbers are down a bit, but he certainly hasn't forgotten how to play hockey.  If you want a top player, you can't send horsedoo in return without O'Connell on the other end.

To get Kane, it will take one of the following players:

Lucic

Krejci

Bergeron

Marchand

(They won't take Iginala due to age and they won't take Eriksson due to injury concerns.)

Kane and Marchand aren't the same player.  People here seem to think they are even similar.  They are not.  Kane is much more like Lucic than Marchand. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to DaveyN's comment:[QUOTE] In order for Winnipeg to even listen it would have to be a 1st rounder or a top prospect and an NHL ready player. That doesn't necessarily have to be a forward. Miller has shown me he can be the Bs 7th defenseman, if Bartkowski is a "chip" so be it. PC has all of what he needs to get on the phone with the Jets.[/QUOTE]

Ive read that the rumored asking price is 2 proven top 6 forwards (Marchand, possibly Caron though not likely) and either a prospect (Subban) or a high pick. [/QUOTE]

Good luck to Winnipeg then.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Kane's numbers are down a bit, but he certainly hasn't forgotten how to play hockey.  If you want a top player, you can't send horsedoo in return without O'Connell on the other end.

Lucic

Krejci

Bergeron

Marchand

(They won't take Iginala due to age and they won't take Eriksson due to injury concerns.)

Kane and Marchand aren't the same player.  People here seem to think they are even similar.  They are not.  Kane is much more like Lucic than Marchand. 

[/QUOTE]

IMO to get any of the Bruins players you just mentioned it should take Kane and then some.  Everyone of these bruins players has proven that they can win at every level.  Evander Kane has proven to me that he can drop Matt Cooke, is the best player on a dismal team, and is Seguin esque off the ice and in the room based on reports.  No thanks, I would like to keep what the Bruins have.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to MeanE's comment:
    [QUOTE]

why do people always under estimate brad?  his ppg is.612 vs .609 for Kane.  Lets not forget he ups it to .629 in the playoffs.  I wouldn't trade brad straight up for Kane, never mind adding sub ban and a pick, I don't care at all about Caron. i know that some of you don't like his style of play,but evander obviously has some warts as well.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hqIiy94Wj58&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DhqIiy94Wj58

[/QUOTE]

I'm with you Kane has 173pts in 5 seasons Marchand 147,lets not forget about the play offs,Marchan scored some preatty big goals when they won the cup,I wouldn't trade Marchand strait up for Kane,let alone throw in Subban and a pick.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Lucic

Krejci

Bergeron

Marchand

[/QUOTE]

Lol, really did you have to bring up MOC. I agree you have to give to get, I wouldn't want to see Marchand go but I'm sure Kane would make fans forget about Brad quickly. If Brad went I'd pull back the 1st.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Marchand has 14 points ... Kane 14 points ....March is 25 and Kane 22

why should we give a 1st round pick 

Marchand + Caron  for Kane .....ok

PC you have my approval on this one

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Just because Haggerty says the Bruins might have interest, I'm not even sure I would qualify that as a rumor.

That said, I would love to see him here.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dave24. Show Dave24's posts

If we had to give up Marchand + pick + goalie (Subban or Svedberg), you'd have to do it. Throw in Caron if they'd take him (he's worth an 8th round pick).

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Again guys I don't think Marchand is the type of piece that Chevy would be looking for for Kane, not entirely.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

"Kane and Marchand aren't the same player. People here seem to think they are even similar.  They are not.  Kane is much more like Lucic than Marchand. "- 'Not-A-Shot'

And Marchand is much more like Lucic than Kane, in that they've both won a Cup.

Marchand and Kane aren't the same player. True. Kane's been injured WAY more and Marchand's actually played in the Playoffs

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I think any trade talk between the Bruins and Jets about Kane would have to involve Hamilton and or Subban. Not so sure Marchand would be the big piece Winnipeg would be looking for.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to gord11's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"Kane and Marchand aren't the same player. People here seem to think they are even similar.  They are not.  Kane is much more like Lucic than Marchand. "- 'Not-A-Shot'

And Marchand is much more like Lucic than Kane, in that they've both won a Cup.

Marchand and Kane aren't the same player. True. Kane's been injured WAY more and Marchand's actually played in the Playoffs

[/QUOTE]

Yep, and Thornton more like Bergeron because they've both won a Cup.

Dur.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think any trade talk between the Bruins and Jets about Kane would have to involve Hamilton and or Subban. Not so sure Marchand would be the big piece Winnipeg would be looking for.

[/QUOTE]

With the development of Krug & Bart, both puck moving defensemen, maybe Dougie would be expendable,who knows,maybe Stanley.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

"Yep, and Thornton more like Bergeron because they've both won a Cup..." - 'Not-A-Shot'

Joe Thornton hasn't won a Cup - one of the knocks against him - one of the reasons (but not the only one) I would pick Bergeron over him for my team.

Dur.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to red75's comment:[QUOTE] Again guys I don't think Marchand is the type of piece that Chevy would be looking for for Kane, not entirely. [/QUOTE]

Duh where trying to get into Cheveldayoff's head not yours.

Your no Stanley...Red LoL