Ex-Girlfriends

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

Re: Ex-Girlfriends

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I agree that he's better than Chris Bourque.  What do you think it will take to get a player who is tied for the lead in goals for his team?  To acquire Bourque, the B's ditched a terrible player.  And while Bourque isn't lighting up the scoreboard, he's not a disaster and he's not making the Bruins lose.

Why does that make me an asinine jerk-0ff?

Wait a second - you guys can post "asinine jerk-0ff" but I can't?

And I also can't get the point across that Brad Marchand is b@nged up(in another thread)?

C'mon BDC Dottie, lighten up.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Davinator's comment:

I agree that he's better than Chris Bourque.  What do you think it will take to get a player who is tied for the lead in goals for his team?  To acquire Bourque, the B's ditched a terrible player.  And while Bourque isn't lighting up the scoreboard, he's not a disaster and he's not making the Bruins lose.

Why does that make me an asinine jerk-0ff?

And I also can't get the point across that Brad Marchand is b@nged up(in another thread)?

BDC allows us to call only bad names towards NAS that's why. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I'm glad I'm not taking back Vicki Campanella

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Good choice if one is not concerned with the Cap next year.  

Rolston is and excellent skater, a third liner, and lastly would have been cheap.  Pandolfo is cooked and done, no thanks.  Old flames (e-harmony forget me NOT) like Sergei Gonchar or Derek Morris are not welcomed back.  A short term relationship with Marc Andre Bergeron would help the PP, nothing else.  Smart looking dream lookers would be Robin Regehr, Mark Striet, and of course Weiss.  You gonna pay to get those despite the UFA status next year.  Although if one could handle one nighters, it would be cheaper than getting married to Ovie or Sweet Lou! 

Wishful thinking, now back to hoping the goalie can save the Bs in the playoffs despite the week powerplay!  

In response to red75's comment:

The only "ex-girlfriend" I'd like to see the Bruins add either at the deadline or in the offseason is Mark Stuart. Solid, reliable and affordable depth d-man who has proven he can be effective in Julien's system. Unlike the others mentioned, there was never an issue with his play or his role here. He left in a hockey trade.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to ClarkGriswold's comment:

In response to shuperman's comment:

Is Tim Brent available?  

Would be an interesting choice because he can play center and wing.   Defensively responsible. Still doesn't fix the PP issue, though.

Long standing joke between fletch nas and i. Had to be there.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

The only time you really miss an ex-girlfriend is when the new one doesnt do certain things as well in the sack.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

When it's over, it's over.  There is always a reason it's over.  Later, you think about her and you remember a lot of good things, but tend to gloss over the bad things.  And then you get back together with her.  And all of the things that caused the initial breakup return.  And it's a mess.  And you break up again.

Please keep this in mind when suggesting:

Miro Satan
    Mark Recchi
    Brian Rolston
    Michael Ryder
    Any other player that used to play in Boston but no longer does.

Good one Costanza. The point your making is solid, but your delivery is weak.  Stick to your hi management dream, because u have no chance at making it as a writer. Even tho u tried to pass your self off as one. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

The only time you really miss an ex-girlfriend is when the new one doesnt do certain things as well in the sack.

I think u mean one of the times..... a slip up like that can cause u to be attacked by the predators on this site.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

When it's over, it's over.  There is always a reason it's over.  Later, you think about her and you remember a lot of good things, but tend to gloss over the bad things.  And then you get back together with her.  And all of the things that caused the initial breakup return.  And it's a mess.  And you break up again.

Miro Satan
    Mark Recchi
    Brian Rolston
    Michael Ryder

Just curious, is your ex girlfriends name bob? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

NAS when was the last time the whole 3rd line was a minus & had a total of 7 pts? You're not hearing me buddy. The 3rd line isn't causing a concern for me now. In the play-offs though the Bruins had that 3rd line depth that kicked in when the other 2 weren't going. Last yr I believe it was the B's 3rd line that helped the B's tie a game, or win it for them against the Caps. If the Bruins would've had one of the other 2 lines going better. It may not have gone to 7 games & the B's would've advanced. That's my whole point. The B's won the cup on depth & the depth was going. Right now they're winning without it, but the play-offs they'll need to have that depth. 

Nite, when was the last time the B's started out 7-1-1?

The line is okay.  I watched the Habs vs. Leafs last night.  The Habs have Prust playing with two rookies.  That's bad news.  The B's have good third line players on the third line.  Yeah, they've started slowly.  Know who else has?  A lot of players! 

Last year they lost to the Caps in the first round.  Where was your awesome third line then?  Oh, that's right, turning the puck over so Joel Ward could kill the season.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Is Tim Brent available?  

I was at the bar last night watching Habs/Leafs (Colton Orr!) and read this on my phone.

I busted out laughing and ended up telling the tale of big bad Tim Brent to the table.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Girlfriends, Dogs, Jurk ophs.... nice thread

anywho, although the B's have started out well, there are two issues that will hold them back.

Anybody remember last season? Well we've gone backwards since Pouliot, and he wasn't good enough. That is the two issues in one. 3rd line sukz, and the PP sukz even worse. These are roster issues that need to be adddressed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

The Bruins had some pretty bad games in 2010-2011, and a lousy PP.  Do you remember June 15, 2011?

Sometimes you just have to ride it out and stick to your plan.  They are 7-1-1 after all you know.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Miro Satan
    Mark Recchi
    Brian Rolston
    Michael Ryder

This was a really good comparison as far as posters and their trade thoughts. They don't know what else is out there so they desire back what's familiar to them. 

Ex-Girlfriends .............nailed it .

And for those who take offense with me for agreeing with that, you can now go all nutty on me too. You have my permission.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Is Tim Brent available?  

I was at the bar last night watching Habs/Leafs (Colton Orr!) and read this on my phone.

I busted out laughing and ended up telling the tale of big bad Tim Brent to the table.

He was running wild like hulkamania.  One of the better moments in here for sure.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Sighhhh! OK I give up. I don't know how many times I said that I'm not talking about bringing someone in now. But, you need 3 lines going to win a cup. The 3rd line isn't going. And if they're not going at the deadline I hope PC does something to fix it. Weiss & Ryder are the top 2 I hope he brings in. Yes Weiss is a 1st line, or 2nd liner on a lot of teams, but it would depend on the team he's on wouldn't it. Ryder is on the 2nd line in Dallas. He wasn't here, so doesn't mean Weiss can't play on the 3rd here. Whether P.C can pull it off & get one of them is another story, but one of those 2 are my choices. Don't like them? Blow it out your as s ! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Ha.  I typed out the Latin for "with highest honours" on another thread...BDC had no problem with summa or laude, but Latin for "with" was banned.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Ha.  I typed out the Latin for "with highest honours" on another thread...BDC had no problem with summa or laude, but Latin for "with" was banned.

communism

uhmm that worked, BDC does not ban political views

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Sighhhh! OK I give up. I don't know how many times I said that I'm not talking about bringing someone in now. But, you need 3 lines going to win a cup. The 3rd line isn't going. And if they're not going at the deadline I hope PC does something to fix it. Weiss & Ryder are the top 2 I hope he brings in. Yes Weiss is a 1st line, or 2nd liner on a lot of teams, but it would depend on the team he's on wouldn't it. Ryder is on the 2nd line in Dallas. He wasn't here, so doesn't mean Weiss can't play on the 3rd here. Whether P.C can pull it off & get one of them is another story, but one of those 2 are my choices. Don't like them? Blow it out your as s ! 

The point isn't about whether the roster is perfect or not, nite.  I've been pretty consistent in calling the crushes people get on acquiring particular players "e-harmony" for however many posts I've been here, so I'm not going to pick players I want to see them get.  That has nothing to do with whether I can take heat for picking players others think are stupid.  If my point is that picking binkies and talking endlessly about the Bruins going to get them is pointless, why would I then pick another binky for my very own?

Here - the Bruins should go get Jonathan Toews.  I know it would be tough and the Blackhawks are a top team right now, but they need goaltending and if the Bruins could package Khudobin and picks and prospects to get him, they should do it.

Have at it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Here - the Bruins should go get Jonathan Toews.  I know it would be tough and the Blackhawks are a top team right now, but they need goaltending and if the Bruins could package Khudobin and picks and prospects to get him, they should do it.

Have at it.

I got one even better. Calgary needs a goaltender, no ? ...... guess who the Bruins could get there ? Books my e-harmony trade is a bit more realistic .

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Also, if the Bruins' issues are the third line and the PP, Ryder's record on the Bruin PP isn't much better than anyone else's.  And who's spot's he taking?  Horton?  Seguin?  Bergeron?  Marchand?  I'd rather any of those four, and he's not going to be the net-front guy and replace Lucic.  The third line is brutal right now, but Kelly and Peverley are a pretty solid anchor for that line.  If that line is failing, it's not because of Chris Bourque as much as it is those two.  They're the ones paid to make it run.  If you want to fix that line, maybe the answer isn't trying what's old is new again.  Maybe it's breaking that duo up.  And maybe that means making a deal that involves one of them going the other way for a different kind of player for that line.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

One last thought - red, Stuart drove me nuts because he's a terribly inaccurate passer.  Maybe he's better with Winnipeg now?  But his inability to make good passes to break out of the zone - and preference to bang it off the boards at times - often seemed like the biggest reason the Bruins would get hemmed in and lose momentum or, more importantly, why they couldn't transition well and get the offense going.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Well thats just it, Red wants Stuart out of Winnipeg and is trying to be sly about it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

This was a really good comparison as far as posters and their trade thoughts. They don't know what else is out there so they desire back what's familiar to them. 

Ex-Girlfriends .............nailed it .

And for those who take offense with me for agreeing with that, you can now go all nutty on me too. You have my permission.

[/QUOTE]

Although I do agree with a certain element of your premise... throwing silly names out there is just as useless as re-reading endless quotes in each new post, but come on man..do YOU know who is REALLY available for trade discussions? Its ALL speculation. A monkey can look at a list of players whose contract is up at the end of the season and choose a name. I dont mind condescension, but at least have something...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

If you don't like trade talk threads, don't read them. Let anyone who enjoys trade talk have at it. They can be laughed at for their trade ideas, but no reason to get all pissy just because it's fun to imagine other guys in black & gold and what it would take to get them.